Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

I have a short LP (12days) so started taking 200mg of Vit B6 with my multivitamins (Elevit) on ovulation day this cycle...5 days later I reduced vit B6 to 100mg & continued taking them... It increased my LP from 12 to 16 days!! I'm 16dpo & started spotting yesterday but AF hasn't arrived yet..I did a couple of tests but got BFN's! I didn't think it would work so quickly! Fingers crossed next month I get my BFP for #1!! :):):):happydance:

That's great news. Although you don't need to worry anyway. 12 days isn't a short LP!!!

Thanks but I had a suspicion my progesterone levels were really low so tested on day 20 & it was about 4.5!!! I was pretty sick early this cycle so the doc said i prob didnt ovulate although ive been temping with FF & my charts say i did? So who knows...I figured the low progesterone was causing my af to come even when I would get faint positive BFPs some months
...so I'm on a mission to incease my LP & hopefully progesterone levels in the nxt couple of months with b6...if I still get any BFPs followed by af then I'll probably have to take progesterone cream....:shrug:

Thanks but I had a suspicion my progesterone levels were really low so tested on day 20 & it was about 4.5!!! I was pretty sick early this cycle so the doc said i prob didnt ovulate although ive been temping with FF & my charts say i did?

Hmm, that is odd. 4.5 definitely sounds like you didn't ovulate. My progesterone was low too, but it was 14!! Doc thought even that might have indicated no ovulation, but they'd happened to do a test 7 days before too (because of my irregular cycles) and it had been 3 previously, so it showed I had actually ovulated.

Can you post a link to your FF chart? I love a good chart nosey ;)

Yeah it's good to hear that ur progesterone increased even though it was still considered low...I'm not sure how to post my chart so I've included the links below
<a href="https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/37652a">My Ovulation Chart</a>

My Ovulation Chart

Let me know what u think! :0) hoping my progesterone increases enough next month from the vit B6! Fingers crossed!

It's a difficult one isn't it? Your temps definitely had an upward trend but it's not clear when/if there was ovulation, is it? FF isn't certain as it's only put dashed lines in. Mind you it always puts dashed lines in for me because of out of synch EWCM so that doesn't necessarily mean anything!

Is the doc going to do more Prog tests in another cycle?

It's a difficult one isn't it? Your temps definitely had an upward trend but it's not clear when/if there was ovulation, is it? FF isn't certain as it's only put dashed lines in. Mind you it always puts dashed lines in for me because of out of synch EWCM so that doesn't necessarily mean anything!

Is the doc going to do more Prog tests in another cycle?

FF marked a clear ovulation date until I entered either my cm or fern details then it changed to dashed & wasn't so convinced he! he!... I'm going to do another progesterone test but this time on day 22 or 23...I'm hoping the vit B6 might help my progesterone levels next cycle?! I also did an ultrasound this month just to rule out cysts, all came back normal... :0) if my temps are higher next cycle, do u think that might indicate higher levels of progesterone? ...also the temps at the beginning are erratic cos I was taking antibiotics, as soon as I stopped they settled :0)

Alexi201 - did you say that your prog test was on day 20? I wonder whether this was your O day? You had a temp dip that day and if so, your progesterone would be low on that day? Just a thought?

As for me.... I got a :bfp: this morning. :happydance: Sorry if you have read this on another thread. It turns out that my AF over the weekend couldn't have been AF as she disappeared Monday night and then I have temp rises on Tuesday/today. I tested this morning and got lines on 2 ICs and a 1-2 weeks on a digi..... I can't quite believe it, especially after the mc last month :wohoo:

Alexi201 - did you say that your prog test was on day 20? I wonder whether this was your O day? You had a temp dip that day and if so, your progesterone would be low on that day? Just a thought?

As for me.... I got a :bfp: this morning. :happydance: Sorry if you have read this on another thread. It turns out that my AF over the weekend couldn't have been AF as she disappeared Monday night and then I have temp rises on Tuesday/today. I tested this morning and got lines on 2 ICs and a 1-2 weeks on a digi..... I can't quite believe it, especially after the mc last month :wohoo:

Congrats!!!! Wow, that is awesome! :happydance: Super sticky dust and a H&H 9 months to you!

Just wanted to chime in with another B-complex success story in lengthening the luteal phase. Mine went from 11 to 15 days in one cycle of 50mg B-complex. My AF is also much lighter this month with minimal cramping the night before compared to lots of pain days prior. I'm also doing acupuncture and herbs so not sure how much that played into this cycle.

Just wanted to chime in with another B-complex success story in lengthening the luteal phase. Mine went from 11 to 15 days in one cycle of 50mg B-complex. My AF is also much lighter this month with minimal cramping the night before compared to lots of pain days prior. I'm also doing acupuncture and herbs so not sure how much that played into this cycle.

Struth: Congratulations!! That's awesome news!!! Hope it all goes well xx

Virginiaplain: Vit b6 actually made my AF heavier for the 1st 2 days...usually my 1st 2 days of AF are light & the 3rd is heaviest...I don't normally cramp so no changes there :0)

Wow Struth congrats!!! Sticky baby :dust:

That is very true. And that would fit in with your EWCM too as it finished on day 19. I've been doing my own charting on spreadsheets and I've found that where my calculations differ to FF, FF has put OV slightly earlier. So I bet other calulation methods would put it at day 20 because the temps on days 17-19 are barely above the coverline.

Just seen this on the other thread! Congrats. I dunno, I go away for half a day and miss exciting news!

Alexi201 - did you say that your prog test was on day 20? I wonder whether this was your O day? You had a temp dip that day and if so, your progesterone would be low on that day? Just a thought

That is very true. And that would fit in with your EWCM too as it finished on day 19. I've been doing my own charting on spreadsheets and I've found that where my calculations differ to FF, FF has put OV slightly earlier. So I bet other calulation methods would put it at day 20 because the temps on days 17-19 are barely above the coverline.?

I had EWCM every day this cycle from AF to CD19 which is unusual! I'm thinking that's because I was sick and taking antibiotics :sick:...I usually only get it for 4-5 days before ovulation so I was kind of ignoring the CM and focusing on temps...
Makes sense what your saying...if what you suggest is true then my LP was around 12 days again and the Vitamin B6 that I started taking when I ovulated didn't make any difference... hopefully the B6 helps my progesterone this cycle (just incase I didn't ovulate or ovulated on day 20)...thanks for your interpretation of my chart :) I was struggling to make sense of my last cycle :wacko: it was my first cycle temping... I kept getting ferns showing up throughout most of the cycle (unusual), I had EWCM for most of the cycle (unusual) and it was hard to interpret exactly if/when I ovulated... In the end I was just waiting for AF so I could start over fresh and hopefully see an ovulation pattern!

Makes sense what your saying...if what you suggest is true then my LP was around 12 days again and the Vitamin B6 that I started taking when I ovulated didn't make any difference...

Sorry to disappoint you, but you're probably right. I'm pretty sure taking B6 from ovulation wouldn't have helped. My understanding is that it's at the stage when the egg is ripening in the first few days of your cycle that are the crucial time. A stronger egg means it's more likely to produce progesterone (or something like that. There are ladies on here who can explain it better than me!)

Hello Ladies...

Quick question on Vitamin B6.. when should I take it.. before ovulation.. after.. or throughout the month? I think I started taking it slightly after ovulation.. and so far my cycle is two days longer than it usually is.. could the b6 be the case? I am always a 10 day LP... 25 day cycle.. today im on CD26.. with a 13 day LP! hhmm.. tested.. and it was a bfn yesterday.. so i'm guessing its the b6 lengthening my cycle?

any input ladies?

Thanks!

Hiya, we've been TTC baby number 2 for over a year. My LH is 9/10 days so started taking B6 last Monday, i've been taking folic acid for months. I don't produce much CM, hardly any, so i'm trying preseed this month and I also just started charting.
So we are trying everything this month.

:dust:

Hi everyone, has anyone heard of Vitex & EPO delaying ovulation? I had a temp spike a couple days ago but now I have low temps, so OV has not occurred according to FF. I had the OV pain & had a spot of blood in my cm but my temps have not gone over the coverline. :( I'm wondering if I should keep taking the Vitex & EPO until OV is confirmed or just stop now?

Hello Ladies...

Quick question on Vitamin B6.. when should I take it.. before ovulation.. after.. or throughout the month? I think I started taking it slightly after ovulation.. and so far my cycle is two days longer than it usually is.. could the b6 be the case? I am always a 10 day LP... 25 day cycle.. today im on CD26.. with a 13 day LP! hhmm.. tested.. and it was a bfn yesterday.. so i'm guessing its the b6 lengthening my cycle?

any input ladies?

Thanks!

I took Bcomplex after ovulation past month & my lp increased by 3 days, I've heard it's better to take for the whole cycle though. Much luck to you :)

I have not read the whole of this thread as it is sooooooo long ... i brought B6 alone today to lengthen LP, but now i see most suggest a B6 complex.
i am in the UK, where can i get this and how high should the dosage be?

Dawn

I got vit B50 from Holland and Barrett, which was recomended earlier in this thread, It is only my first month of trying though but seems to have shifted my OV day considerably already!!! Good luck Dawn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->