Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Unfortunately I'm back on the ttc bandwagon again... after several BFPs over the last few days I'm now having an early MC, so it's back to the drawing board. :cry:

So... how's everyone else doing? Who's B6ing at the moment? I'm taking 50mg B6 alongside 2000mg agnus castus and 2000mg EPO.

Congratulations Chiclady!!!
So sorry 254 :cry:
I am taking b50's along with FertilAid (has agnus castus in it) and EPO

As I've said elsewhere - I'm gutted for you 254 :cry:

Let's hope these b vits bring us all some good sticky news this month. I'm on b50 complex, pregnacare, chromium and relaxation cds! I pray it works (and sticks) this cycle.

Hi Everyone ....

Congratulations Chiclady on your BFP...

Big Hugs to 254 on you sad news... I think I might be in the same boat - this morning (11dpo) I have really faint second line on a pregnancy test...

This cycle I am using progesterone suppositories as prescribed by my consultant - which has worked in delaying my period - so in affect lengthened my 8 day luteal phase - which is a miracle as never reached 11dpo before!!

It is still really early days and I took my last progesterone suppository this morning - so I am now panicing that my period will come and the test was a mistake...

I have emailed my consultant in the hope that he may extend my prescription in the hope that it may give me a better chance...

Worrying times....

Hi everyone,
254 ~ sorry it didn't work out :hugs: I'm also taking EPO, Agnus Cactus, B
& B6 in addition to CO Q10, & prenatal vitamin. I stopped taking the EPO & Vitex today since I've been feeling OV pains since last night. Baby :dust: to everyone! Hoping we all get our BFP soon

Hi Everyone ....

Congratulations Chiclady on your BFP...

Big Hugs to 254 on you sad news... I think I might be in the same boat - this morning (11dpo) I have really faint second line on a pregnancy test...

This cycle I am using progesterone suppositories as prescribed by my consultant - which has worked in delaying my period - so in affect lengthened my 8 day luteal phase - which is a miracle as never reached 11dpo before!!

It is still really early days and I took my last progesterone suppository this morning - so I am now panicing that my period will come and the test was a mistake...

I have emailed my consultant in the hope that he may extend my prescription in the hope that it may give me a better chance...

Worrying times....

Any update Greengerbera?

Morning ..

Well I am 13 dpo today and did another test this morning - and it is showing a darker line since my last test at 11 dpo..

However I am experiencing spotting and lots of tummy cramps ... my consultant never got back to me - so I am not using progesterone suppositories at the moment but I do have the progesterone cream which I brought ages ago - so am using that morning and night for what it is worth???

Not sure what is going on at the moment.... will keep you posted

Fxd for you!!!

I got my positive OPK on CD 14 instead of 16 this cycle!! Wooohooo.. hopefully I will get those days added to my LP and make it into the double digits!!!

Just thought I would give another quick update - as got a digital test confirmation at 15dpo - reading 2-3 weeks pregnant :o)

I am hoping that this could help others - also experiencing a short luteal phase.

My story is that I turned 40 in June and have been ttc my second child since Aug 2010. I have short luteal phase of 8 days and was really struggling to get this recognised in the UK for any help.

Went through all the tests and was scheduled to have a Lap & Dye this week when I got my BFP

It is helps anyone (I was always reading this forum looking for tips) I can confirm what I did this month..

* Went to a private FS - who prescibed me progesterone suppositories - which I believe did the trick - also interestingly my progesterone test was fine - with an excellent reading - but looks like my body just needed a boost.

* Used softcups (1st month) and preseed

* Been taking Royal Jelly & Coq10 for 3 months at this point - which is supposed to help with quality of eggs...

Hope this helps...

Congratulations Greengerbera!

I've been ttc #2 since just a month after you started... bfp this month sadly didn't make it, but your story gives me hope that maybe one day it will happen.... :)

How did you find/choose a private FS?

thanks for the info Greengerbera!!! Gives me hope!!! A huge congratulations to you! Wishing you a very healthy and happy 9 months!!!

Thanks for your congrats - really appreciated..

254 - as I was hitting a brick wall within the NHS with recognition of short luteal phase -and their advice was for me to look at IVF and get my amh tested.

So booked in at a clinic for my amh and they recommended I see a consultant as well - to discuss the amh results. So the appointment cost me £200 and the cost of the private prescription for the progesterone of £11 - but money well spent when compared that I was considering IVF at 5K + as my next option!!

I have read lots of success stories of people using progesterone - just can't believe it has worked for me as well!!

It is still early days - as had miscarriage in Dec at 6 weeks - so slightly nervous at mo as have stopped the suppositories now and I am just using the natural progesterone cream to see if that helps with the added support until 12 weeks..

If you can push for the progesterone then I would recommend giving it a go - to see how it affects your cycle... my consultant gave it a very small chance of doing anything for me and look what has happened!!

Congrat Greengerbera!! That is great news. I have my fingers crossed that your bean hangs on in there and is super sticky :hugs:

Hi- new to the forum. Have only read until about page 40, so not sure what info has already been covered. I apologise if I ask a question that has already been discussed.

I have a luteal phase of 12 days but my mid-luteal progesterone level is always really low. I've had it checked 3 times over the past 3 years and it has always been between 8 and 9 ng/ml.

Two months ago, I did an unmedicated monitored cycle at my RE's office. I wanted to see if I was producing a mature follicle and, according to the ultrasound and estradiol, I was. Forward to 6 dpo of that month, I had a mid luteal progesterone (p4) number of 8! I thought there was no way I was getting pregnant with that number (was hoping for 15-20), so I was very surprised and a bit frantic when, at 12 dpo, I got a BFP.

I've had a biochemical pregnancy before, so I knew not to get excited, keeping the low progesterone in mind. By the time I had the blood work done the next day, the p4 was only 6 and the hcg was 15, which I correctly assumed was going down.

Last month, I took B Complex 100 starting on cd 11 and ov'd on cd 16. At 1 dpo, I started using Emerita pro-gest cream, twice a day. At 8 dpo, my p4 was 15. I assumed the high p4 was due to the cream but according to Dr John Lee, when using the cream, p4 in blood does not usually change for 3 or 4 months and, even then, only goes up about 2 points. It's the p4 in the saliva that shows an increase with the cream. I also stopped the cream at 12 dpo and did not get AF until 16 dpo. Now, I'm wondering if the higher p4 and 15 day LP was because of the B Complex??? I'm taking B Complex 50 this month since cycle day 1, should I skip the cream and test p4 at 6dpo to see if it is high enough. Maybe start the cream then if the number is low? I hate to take a chance and risk another biochemical pregnancy.

Sorry for the length! Needed to be thorough ;-)
Oh, and I am still breastfeeding my 1 1/2 year old, so am wary of using hormone creams and vitex, even if they are considered safe.

Thanks!!! btw, all HPT's were negative last month.

Congratulations Greengerbera! I went to Whole Foods today and purchased some progesterone cream, I will continue to use it until I get my period or BFP (crossing my fingers).

Wow I haven't visited this thread in a while and look at all the good news!! Chiclady and greengerbera - that's friggin AWESOME, congratulations!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance: So happy to see more short LP BFPs.... :thumbup::thumbup: All the best girls - H&H 9 months!

254, I'm so sorry about your news - sorry I missed it - how awful to have that taken away from you so soon. I hope you take some comfort from knowing it's possible/you're getting close?? With an LP of 8 or so days, it's v. encouraging that you got a BFP... you'll get a sticky one soon! :hugs::hugs:

Hi to all the other girls, struth, emmediva, ebony, etc, hope things are going well for you!

Hi also to the girls I haven't met before, bug, pipskin, and kateedid. Kate - I'm not sure about your question sorry, progesterone cream has never worked for me so I gave it up! I think it's great for people who just need that extra bit of help though, so good luck!! Hope someone can suggest a good answer to you xxxx

AFM, I'm on to cycle #4 of clomid (50mg) (#10 overall). The clomid has had mixed results so far: my first cycle my LP was an ambiguous 9 or 11 days. My second was the best cycle I've ever had at a 12-day LP. But then cycle 3 it was back to the standard 9-day LP :nope: disappointing. I have a review appointment with my FS next Monday where I'm hoping he'll up the dose to 100mg, but in the meantime he's rolled over my prescription for this month so it's not wasted. I'm supposed to be taking it on CD3-7, but last cycle I experimented and took it CD2-6; this cycle I'm going to experiment and take it CD5-9! Can't hurt...

Other than that I started taking CoQ10 a couple of weeks ago since a lot of people seem to be having good results with that. And I'm still taking Royal Jelly, L-Arginine, and 100mg of B6. FX it happens soon, I am QUITE over the whole TTC!!!

Googly- have you tried crinone gel for progesterone support while using clomid?
worked for me the month I got pregnant with my son. I was using gonal F though. Was on clomid for 3 months with no success, though LP was at least 14 days on it. Finally got pregnant the month I used ganirelix with FSH. I am an early ovulator (or was before my son, now I am day 14 or 15 but was 11 or 12 prior) and the ganirelix turned off the LH for long enough to mature the follicle an extra 2 or 3 mm.
I don't know any of your history (have not got to that part yet) but thought I would throw in my 2 cents anyway ;-)

Greengerbera- is it possible to have AMH envy?? ;-) I am 9 years younger than you but my AMH is only half of yours. That is some seriously impressive AMH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->