Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Hi Ladies,

I have had just 2 cycles off bcp and so far LP of 8-9 days :(

I take 240mg of Vitex every day and just started 100mg B6 yesterday. I take a prenatal with a little bit of all the B vitamins, so do you think that just the B6 is OK?

I hope it helps!!!!!! I want to TTC in Jan!

Gaia- I would start with B Complex 50 mg this month, once a day, and up it to twice a day next month if your luteal phase does not lengthen enough. Taking Vitamin B6 alone can cause an imbalance in the other B Vitamins, especially B12 (according to others who have posted on this thread- I am merely repeating their advice ;-)
Good luck!

I've just been reading up on short luteal phases and came across this thread.. mine is only 5 days. Just been reading through some of the posts here and realised how clueless i have been thinking I had a chance of getting pg this year... silly me.

good luck to all of you x

I've just been reading up on short luteal phases and came across this thread.. mine is only 5 days. Just been reading through some of the posts here and realised how clueless i have been thinking I had a chance of getting pg this year... silly me.

good luck to all of you x

Lindblum- how are you determining your ovulation date? Are you BBt charting and using OPK's? Please try the B Complex, even if you have already ovulated. My progesterone levels almost tripled with B Complex. Maybe go out and get 100 mg- it can't hurt!

yes i am both bbt charting with ff and using opk's. Does B complex mean the B group of vitamins? do you need to take them before you ovulate? thanks :)

yes i am both bbt charting with ff and using opk's. Does B complex mean the B group of vitamins? do you need to take them before you ovulate? thanks :)

Yes, it's all the B Vitamins together in one pill. I take these https://www.amazon.com/Solgar-B-Com...D6ZQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320528717&sr=8-1

Yes, take them from cd 1 but you can start them now. Keep taking them throughout your cycle and into pregnancy, if you wish.
Breastfeeding can seriously impact luteal phase length- maybe get your prolactin levels checked, as prolactin suppresses progesterone. If it's important to you that you continue breastfeeding for a longer time, you may need to wait a while longer if it's your prolactin levels causing the problem.

thanks so much. i'll have to ask my doctor if i can take them tho as i am still bf-ing.

im 4dpo expecting AF tomorrow so i guess its too late to take it this cycle anyway.

thanks so much. i'll have to ask my doctor if i can take them tho as i am still bf-ing.

im 4dpo expecting AF tomorrow so i guess its too late to take it this cycle anyway.

It won't hurt to start them before AF.
I checked with my doctor and she said it was fine to take with BF. I am sure it will give baby a vitamin boost too. Beware though, if you pump, your breastmilk will be YELLOW!
You never know, last month could have been a freak cycle with weak ovulation. Maybe this month will be better xxx

great thanks for that.

this one has been a freak cycle as it it, I ovulated on day 24. All my previous periods have been 14-20 days long :coffee:

thanks so much for all the info x

great thanks for that.

this one has been a freak cycle as it it, I ovulated on day 24. All my previous periods have been 14-20 days long :coffee:

thanks so much for all the info x

You are very welcome. I hope the B Complex works for you; I am super excited about it, if you couldn't tell ;-)

Okay, Ladies. This is going to be long but bear with me!

I posted a message a few pages back asking if anyone had proof that B Complex improved their progesterone levels and I think I have it!! Two months ago, I had a biochemical pregnancy with a mid-luteal progesterone value of 8 ng/ml. I have always been progesterone deficient and used injectables plus progesterone to get pregnant with my son 2 years ago. I never had a progesterone value over 9 on natural cycles.

Last month, I took B Complex 100 5 days before ov and then started progesterone cream after ov. My mid-luteal progesterone was 15 at 8 dpo. I had a 15 day luteal phase but I assumed it was the progesterone cream that had caused the high progesterone level and long luteal phase (it's usually 12 days, used to be 11).

This month, I started taking B Complex 50 mg at cd 1 and decided NOT to use the progesterone cream after ov so that I could see if the B Complex was actually working. I had my progesterone levels checked today (6 dpo) and my jaw almost hit the floor when the nurse told me my progesterone level is 19.6 ng/ml.

I am really absolutely convinced it was the B Complex. Now I'm wondering how many women take unnecessary medications because they are Vit B deficient! I will definitely be discussing this with my RE- I think she thought I was a kook for believing it would work to raise my levels. Oh, and I also ovulated a day or two earlier this cycle.

Anyone have similar experiences?

This sounds impressive. :thumbup: i'm curious to see if there are any other similar responses.....

Something very interesting I was reading today -- apparently oral contraceptives are known and proven to cause depletion of B vitamins!

This gives me hope that B6 will get my luteal phase up past 10 days!!!

This month, I started taking B Complex 50 mg at cd 1 and decided NOT to use the progesterone cream after ov so that I could see if the B Complex was actually working. I had my progesterone levels checked today (6 dpo) and my jaw almost hit the floor when the nurse told me my progesterone level is 19.6 ng/ml.

That's super news!! I'd be interested to hear what your LP is this cycle... or perhaps it'll be 9 months long, with a super high progesterone level like that?

B Complex unfortunately didn't help my LP at all (tried it for several cycles)... but it definitely seems to help a lot of people. I'm glad you're one of them!

So sorry I haven't replied to your message... stressful time right now so ttc/BnB has fallen off the radar a little. The book you recommended arrived today, though, so I'm looking forward to reading it. :)

Hi everyone, since coming back off BCP (Had DD 2 yrs ago) in June my luteal phase has beena bout 9 days too. Taking pregnacare and EPO up to ovulation - from what I have read I should start taking B complex 50mg (AF started yesterday) - do I take it continuously or only up to O? Thanks so much

My CD21 progesterone readings have been crap ever since my m/c in May (always under 25 but need 30 to confirm ovulation). Started taking 50mg of Vitamin B6 (in addition to my prenatal vits) and got a bfp that month. Could be a co-incidence but who knows! My CD21 reading last month was about 36and at 10dpo was about 55 (which is what prompted me to do the pregnancy test as they have never been that high before!). I am now too petrified to stop taking the Vitamin B6 incase it is propping up my progesterone levels and I have another miscarriage (any wise words on this anyone?)

My CD21 progesterone readings have been crap ever since my m/c in May (always under 25 but need 30 to confirm ovulation). Started taking 50mg of Vitamin B6 (in addition to my prenatal vits) and got a bfp that month. Could be a co-incidence but who knows! My CD21 reading last month was about 36and at 10dpo was about 55 (which is what prompted me to do the pregnancy test as they have never been that high before!). I am now too petrified to stop taking the Vitamin B6 incase it is propping up my progesterone levels and I have another miscarriage (any wise words on this anyone?)

I'd keep taking it as alot of woman take vitamin b6 to help with morning sickness so it can't hurt. I think its when you are taking it as a complex that you probably need to cut down on the other b's. Good luck. :thumbup: x

Hi everyone, since coming back off BCP (Had DD 2 yrs ago) in June my luteal phase has beena bout 9 days too. Taking pregnacare and EPO up to ovulation - from what I have read I should start taking B complex 50mg (AF started yesterday) - do I take it continuously or only up to O? Thanks so much

You take it all cycle and start any time you want. Hope it works for you. xxx

Ah thanks! Never had a short LP when I was trying with DD hopefully it will pass!
Taking EPO until O as well

Ah thanks! Never had a short LP when I was trying with DD hopefully it will pass!
Taking EPO until O as well

Good luck. :thumbup: Well when I first took it my LP went from 7 to 11 days in the 1st cycle and fell pregnant on the 2nd cycle so it really does work well for some people. I actually couldn't believe a supplement could do so much until I saw it myself. xxx

Hello Ladies! I've been stalking this thread through a bookmark for 5 cycles and finally registered! Thanks to this thread I started taking B50 2 1/2 cycles ago and increased my 11 LP, not including 2 days of pre-AF spotting, to 13 days and no spotting! I am thrilled with results. I also usually experience cramps from 6-9 dpo until AF... but no cramping yet and it's 7 dpo, so kmfx that it doesn't start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->