Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Hello Ladies! I've been stalking this thread through a bookmark for 5 cycles and finally registered! Thanks to this thread I started taking B50 2 1/2 cycles ago and increased my 11 LP, not including 2 days of pre-AF spotting, to 13 days and no spotting! I am thrilled with results. I also usually experience cramps from 6-9 dpo until AF... but no cramping yet and it's 7 dpo, so kmfx that it doesn't start.

That's good news Summer, congrats! I hope to do the same, so far this is my first cycle on B100 complex, so I'm still tracking the progress...fx'd for u!!:happydance:

Hi ladies I wonder if someone could help me :fdlower: I have Pcos and my cycles are all over the place at the min, and I am considering taking complete Bvits! Can you take them midcycle and if and its a big IF I get pregnant is it safe to take them until I gat a BF???
Sorry I have many questions :haha: I don't want to take anything without knowing the ins and outs :wacko:

Thank you

Xx

Hi ladies I wonder if someone could help me :fdlower: I have Pcos and my cycles are all over the place at the min, and I am considering taking complete Bvits! Can you take them midcycle and if and its a big IF I get pregnant is it safe to take them until I gat a BF???
Sorry I have many questions :haha: I don't want to take anything without knowing the ins and outs :wacko:

Thank you

Xx

Hi Paula, I don't think it's too late to start the B vits mid cycle. And also many women have taken them throughout their pregnancies without complications. Hope this helps

NO BFP This cycle! On to the next one. No Pre AF spotting and I got a 12 day LP. Not bad.
Im gonna stay with B50 instead of moving up to B100. I'm also doing my second round of Soy Isoflavones.
Paula- I plan on taking my B50's throughout pregnancy (when that happens) unless my doc says specifically not to. Which she won't.
Good Luck Ladies!

Hello ladies! I'm recently off the pill (in July) and since then the 3 cycles I've had have been pretty regular (29 days, 30 days, 28 days). I've recently started charting, and my luteal phase last month was only 11 days. I think the one before that may have been longer, based on OPKs, it might have been 14 days. Anyhow, after my 11 day LP last month I was concerned about my LP length and happend on this thread. Based on this thread, I've started taking B6 this month (B-50) in addition to my regular multi-vitamin that has 600mcg folate. I started after ovulation, only because I didn't know about wonderful B6 until last week. I'm currently on CD 26, and I'm 9 DPO, and planning on testing on Thanksgiving, mainly because, hey, how cool to possibly get a BFP on Thanksgiving! I'm not super optimistic about a BFP this month (just a feeling), but I am optimistic that B6 will give me a better chance in coming months. Will keep you all updated.

One thing I think is SO interesting is that someone recently posted that the BCP can cause deficiencies in B vitamins - I've done a little of my own research and low and behond it's true! I also found this on B6 specifically:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...ine/200904/vitamin-b6-deficiency-common-in-us

It all makes sense now!!

Also, to respond to someone's previous question - I think that if you took B6 or B50 complex and got your BFP, you should stay on it or at the very least, consider some sort of progesterone treatment if you stop it. There have been several ladies on this thread to miscarried after stopping their B vitamins supplements early in pregnancy.

Good luck DaisyQ!

Just wanted to reassure you, though, that a 11 day LP is considered OK for most people, so try not to worry too much. I conceived twice with a 11 day LP (no supplements) back in 2008/9 and I know a lot of other people who've experienced similar. :)

edit Ooh, also had a look at your chart and although ff on 'OPK mode' puts your ovulation as CD17, that's purely because it always goes for 'the day after the positive OPK' - if you go with CM, which is more reliable, then I reckon you could well have ovulated on CD16 (since CD17's CM was dry, unlikely on ov-day) - which would give you a lovely 12 day LP. :)

You've had a nice clear temperature shift this cycle, so you'll be able to know for sure what your LP is. I hate 'ambiguous cycles' - after 15 months of ttc my cycles are getting more confusing rather than clearer...!

Hey ladies I am new here and I hoping I could get some insight.

Basically I have been taking b6 from last cycle, not for the purpose of conceiving but because I had it in my cupboard from when H&B had a sale and wanted to use it.

Anyway, I am trying to make this short, I stop taking it about CD22 and started bleeding around CD24... Do you think this was because of me stopping the B6? After a couple days of bleeding, I continued taking the B6 and now EPO until today CD26

My cycles are usually 33 days.

So I am wondering would B6 always make my period this short or was it the once off because I stop taking it?

So I am wondering would B6 always make my period this short or was it the once off because I stop taking it?

I don't think stopping b6 would bring menses. I think b6 brought your ov day earlier so AF got you earlier. Do you chart BBT? That way you would know for sure. GL

Hi ladies,

Here's hoping, I really have no idea... could just be coincidence? Do you ever spot midcycle? Could be spotting, implantation bleeding or maybe, possibly related to drop in progesterone from stopping B6? Or like leylak said, ovulation came earlier, so AF is coming earlier? Really hard to know...

254 - thank you so much for your post. It is VERY reassuring to hear that you conceived twice with a 11 day LP, and that I may have ovulated a day or two (!) earlier (I had considered that myself!). Just to keep you all updated, although my temps are still up, I have had 2 BFNs today and yesterday, and I started spotting yesterday at 11 DPO (or 12 or 13 DPO, if you think I O'ed on CD 17 or CD 16) which is the same thing that happened last month. Yesterday the spotting was minimal, barely noticible. Today it's more, but still pretty light. I guess I'll see what happens throughout the day.
I was very excited this month because I'm using the CBFM and preseed and our BD patter was really very good this month. Oh well. Onto attempt #5! Hoping the B6 might help, even if my LP is really OK. Also considering baby aspirin... anyone else taking it?

Thank you ladies for your reply.
I started charting last month but totally disregarded last months temps as I temped very sporadically. I will try and work out how to post the pic or link and perhaps you may have a look at this month's.

Hi ladies,

A mini update - no bfp for me this month, but my LP did extend by one day, and I only just started the b50 complex after ovulation. The bad news is that I still had spotting in 11 and 12 dpo, before AF arrived late on 13 dpo (cd1).

Going to keep taking this month and see what happens. Anyone else have any updates?

I'm only at 6 DPO so it'll be a week (I hope!!!!) before I can update :)

Last cycle my LP was only 7 though so hopefully I'm not back on here tomorrow...

Hi ladies,

A mini update - no bfp for me this month, but my LP did extend by one day, and I only just started the b50 complex after ovulation. The bad news is that I still had spotting in 11 and 12 dpo, before AF arrived late on 13 dpo (cd1).

Going to keep taking this month and see what happens. Anyone else have any updates?

Sorry for the double post.

Sounds good gaia - fx for you!

Hi ladies,

This was my first cycle taking a b100 complex and my unfortunately AF came, but I went from a 25 day cycle with a 9 day LP to a 30 day cycle with a 10day LP, so I'll say the B complex helped!:thumbup:

That's great! Will check back with a Xmas update. Hoping I'm on the "nice" list and Santa gets my letter.

OK well no definitive news yet but I am currently on 10DPO and my temp dived this morning :( I hope I just get spotting and AF tomorrow but I have a feeling she may show up later today! Noooooooo.

So one more cycle to see if the B6 can help and then? Maybe progesterone cream? I don't know...

Well even if AF arrives today, it looks like the b6 helped extend your LP by at least 2 days. Are you taking b6 alone or in a complex with the other b vits? I am sticking with b50 this month, but will try doubling it next month if I don't see much improvement. I've heard a lit of ladies see success with b100 (and higher).

Well even if AF arrives today, it looks like the b6 helped extend your LP by at least 2 days. Are you taking b6 alone or in a complex with the other b vits? I am sticking with b50 this month, but will try doubling it next month if I don't see much improvement. I've heard a lit of ladies see success with b100 (and higher).

Well...so far spotting today but maybe just maybe AF wont start until tomorrow and that would be 10 days.

My cycles were 9 and then 7 before that, so 9 is at least as good as the first one. I can't help but be disappointed though :cry:

I am not TTC until the Jan cycle, so maybe Dec will be better (trying to stay positive).

I was taking about 150mg but I am going to up it to 200mg in December.

Well...so far spotting today but maybe just maybe AF wont start until tomorrow and that would be 10 days.

My cycles were 9 and then 7 before that, so 9 is at least as good as the first one. I can't help but be disappointed though :cry:

I am not TTC until the Jan cycle, so maybe Dec will be better (trying to stay positive).

I was taking about 150mg but I am going to up it to 200mg in December.

I think 200 sounds good... Has AF shown up yet?

Before starting progesterone cream, I would talk to a doc. They can do some simple bloodwork to determine if you really are low in progesterone, and they you can take a pill or use a suppository to help extend LP. With a documented LP of 7-9 days, that is a truly short LP and I think no doc will "poo-poo" you - I think they will help you resolve it. Let me know what you end up doing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->