Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Congratulations babybabyfever!

Did you conceive your first month of your B50/dietary changes?

After 15 months of ttc, I'm now taking a very similar approach to you with food/drink... I had a pretty good diet 'before' (and don't need to lose weight) etc but after reading 'Making Babies' and a couple of websites, I figured it was worth a try 'tweaking' my food/drink intake to see if it made a difference.

Since CD1 this cycle we've (both) been eating organic whenever we possibly can (Sainsburys are fab for organic stuff), plenty of fruit and veg, wholegrain pasta/bread/rice etc, a daily fertility smoothie, superfoods, homemade muesli for breakfast, adding ground flax seeds/chia seeds/maca into my concoctions, spatone (natural iron) daily, no/very very little alcohol etc.

I haven't changed my supplements... on 50mg B6 and 2000mg agnus castus.

I usually ovulate in the late teens/early 20s - average of about CD20 for the past few months. However, this cycle I have ovulated on Day TWELVE! As I haven't altered my supplements, I think it must be the improved quality of food and drink that's going into my body. I had no idea it would have such an impact... fascinating.

I've charted for coming up 4 years and my earliest ever ovulations have been Day 14 (when we conceived L), 18 (when we conceived but MC in Oct11), 19 and 20 (when we conceived our twins in Nov09 - MMC) - so I am a big believer in earlier ovulation raising the odds of conception with everything else being in the 20s.

I'm 6dpo today... last LP I'm sure of was 8 days (before the cycle in which we had an early MC) so will be interested to see whether there's any change. In my head I'm thinking of the next three cycles of 'super eating' as getting my body into tip top condition to conceive... not necessarily within three three months, but hopefully soon after.

Good luck everyone!

Hi everyone, just sharing my good news. After 21 months of unprotected :sex: and 3 serious months of actively ttc, tracking daily temperature & taking tons of supplements I finally got my :bfp: today cd32!! I am cautiously pregnant, not telling anyone but my partner and you all. I'm so scared, I'm having AF like cramping, although I've read it's normal. For now I will continue to take B6 100mg, B50 & a small amount of progesterone cream. I am on :cloud9: right now, hoping God lets this beanie stick and I have a healthy 9mth pregnancy & a healthy baby at the end of those months.
B6 definitely works!!

Hi Emma, Congrats on the BFP!!

Do you get any side effects from the progesterone cream? I started using it this cycle from O. Small amount morning and evening. My LP last cycle was 7 days, this cycle I'm 12DPO and no AF and have light cramping, hot flushes and swollen and sore boobs. This started about 3-4 days ago. I am hoping it's pregnancy signs but actually thinking it might be from the progesterone? What do you think? Also on cycles before this did AF start automatically or did you need to stop the progesterone?

Thanks.

Happy to hear other peoples input too.

Hi Bean66, thank you! I never really got side effects, my boobs didn't get sore last month just my nipples a little? I didn't get any hot flashes either. Have you taken a pregnancy test yet? The way progesterone cream is supposed to be used is from ovd to test day, either confirming pregnancy, continue to use till 12 weeks when placenta takes over. Or if you get a negative result on the pregnancy test, you discontinue use to allow the lining to shed. Some women get their period anyway, I got mine last month while using the cream, while others do not so it's very important to test before discontinuing use. If there is a pregnancy, a sudden drop in progesterone triggers a miscarriage. Good luck!!! Let me know if you test and your result. Lots of baby dust to you :)

Oooh Bean! Just looked at your chart and you are late for AF! Test, test! Well, tomorrow anywaywith FMU. It will be 13 DPO by then...

hello ladies.

thanks for your replies!!!

and congrats on the BFP!!

i am going to try B6 this month to hopefully stop spotting. I feel i can only try and if it fails i will stop. Im going to take the 50 dose a day pkus my prenatal which is 10 so only 60 in total.

today i got AF. cant wait to start the ball rolling again

lots of love
x

Thanks for the replies Emma and Daisy. I tested yesterday and this morning but BFN. 11dpo with FRER and today, 12dpo with an IC. This is my confusion. Late (for me) with pregnancy signs BUT added 3 things this cycle, Vitex, B Complex AND emerita pro-gest from O.

Was silly to change 3 things at once but TTCing makes you do these things. Temps are still up. But again don't know whether to attribute this to the progesterone.

Will test with FMU tomorrow, if still no AF by 15dpo I'll stop the progesterone.

Emma how much were you using last cycle?

Thanks for the replies Emma and Daisy. I tested yesterday and this morning but BFN. 11dpo with FRER and today, 12dpo with an IC. This is my confusion. Late (for me) with pregnancy signs BUT added 3 things this cycle, Vitex, B Complex AND emerita pro-gest from O.

Was silly to change 3 things at once but TTCing makes you do these things. Temps are still up. But again don't know whether to attribute this to the progesterone.

Will test with FMU tomorrow, if still no AF by 15dpo I'll stop the progesterone.

Emma how much were you using last cycle?

Bean66, Sorry to hear you got a negative :hugs: hang in there. You were not silly to use those 3 things. You should see all the stuff I used!!! :haha: vitex, evening primrose, b6 100mg, b50 complex, prenatal vit, fertility prep, dong quo, saw palmetto, wild yam & progesterone cream on top of that!! So don't feel silly... When we want a baby so much and nothing seems to work you add stuff, I was a walking vitamin pharmacy :haha: temps may be up due to progesterone, so if you still get a negative just discontinue use, let your period come & try again next month. I just take about a small amout with my forefinger twice a day, around the suggested dosage 1/4 teaspoon I would guess.

Thanks Emme

Sorry just realised been getting your name wrong. Sorry.

Update: first cycle taking b50 from start of cycle, and I got a high on my CBFM 2 days earlier than last month. Wondering if I'll end up ovulating earlier too. Currently on cd 13, and ovulated on cd 18 last month according to FF. I'll keep you all updated!

Thanks Emme
Sorry just realised been getting your name wrong. Sorry.

No problem Bean66, you weren't too far off ;)

Update: first cycle taking b50 from start of cycle, and I got a high on my CBFM 2 days earlier than last month. Wondering if I'll end up ovulating earlier too. Currently on cd 13, and ovulated on cd 18 last month according to FF. I'll keep you all updated!
Seems like the B vit is already working for you Daisy!!! Off to check your journal... :)

Hello, I have noticed through charting that I have a short luteal phase (7-8 days). 2 cycles ago I had a positive pregnancy test but AF arrived 5 days later. This month I went in for a progesterone test on CD23 the day prior to ovulation and everything showed up normal. Through charting I noticed my temps remained very close or on the coverline for the next 7 days and then AF arrived again. I am desperate to get pregnant this month. Please help!

Hello, I have noticed through charting that I have a short luteal phase (7-8 days). 2 cycles ago I had a positive pregnancy test but AF arrived 5 days later. This month I went in for a progesterone test on CD23 the day prior to ovulation and everything showed up normal. Through charting I noticed my temps remained very close or on the coverline for the next 7 days and then AF arrived again. I am desperate to get pregnant this month. Please help!

Hi, could you link your chart please. If you don't mind. Are you post BCP?

Hello and welcome!

I'm also working to overcoming a 7-8 day LP... previously was 5-6 days so it's gone up a little in 15 months. ;)

A lot of people try vitamin B6 for a short LP... and it does seem to help quite a few people. You could also look into dietary changes as that can have a big impact on fertility (I'm seeing the results of that this cycle).

Just something that seemed odd... a progesterone test to check for ovulation is supposed to be done after ovulation, so it seems off that they've said yours is normal yet it was done the day before you ovulated! A lot of doctors (mine included) don't seem to 'get' that many women don't ovulate around CD14 so early 20s isn't going to be mid-LP but could be before ovulation has even happened. I've had the same issue! Just might be worth having a chat with your doctor about it and asking if they can do a test in the middle of your LP (about 4dpo for you) to check your maximum progesterone level.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Bean - I don't think it was silly to change 3 things at ones. I've been 'guilty' of the same in the past! ;) Yes, you won't know exactly what has had an impact on your cycle, but looking at your chart it seems like something certainly has. If today's temp drop leads to AF :hugs: then definitely look on the bright side - your LP has definitely increased! Looking at your chart from cycle, and your one before that, I think last cycle you may've actually ovulated on CD24 which would give you a 10 day LP for the last 2 cycles - so 13 is a big change! I reckon it won't be long before you get pregnant... even 10 is an ok length. Hang in there. :hugs:

Hi, could you link your chart please. If you don't mind. Are you post BCP?[/QUOTE]

I actually chart old school style with pen and paper but I am attempting to link a picture of last months chart. I'm currently on CD3 of this month.

https://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m597/lauralou92/IMG_9123.jpg

Also, I'm new to forums and all of these abbreviations so please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming BCP stands for Birth Control Pill? I actually have not been on BCP since a few month prior to conceiving my first child who just turned one in October. I was always very regular prior to his birth and it only took us one month of charting and trying to conceive him.

Hello and welcome!

I'm also working to overcoming a 7-8 day LP... previously was 5-6 days so it's gone up a little in 15 months. ;)

A lot of people try vitamin B6 for a short LP... and it does seem to help quite a few people. You could also look into dietary changes as that can have a big impact on fertility (I'm seeing the results of that this cycle).

Just something that seemed odd... a progesterone test to check for ovulation is supposed to be done after ovulation, so it seems off that they've said yours is normal yet it was done the day before you ovulated! A lot of doctors (mine included) don't seem to 'get' that many women don't ovulate around CD14 so early 20s isn't going to be mid-LP but could be before ovulation has even happened. I've had the same issue! Just might be worth having a chat with your doctor about it and asking if they can do a test in the middle of your LP (about 4dpo for you) to check your maximum progesterone level.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Hello! I actually bought a B-50 complex vitamin last night and plan on starting today with a PNV. I wasn't sure if I should go with the 50's or with the B-100's but I figured I'd try this first to prevent adverse effects (whatever those might be). What type of dietary changes would you suggest? I am about 20 pounds lighter than I was when I conceived my first child and I have been worried that it might be having an effect on my cycle as well.

I too feel like the testing day was off. At this point I have not actually spoken with my doctor (I have a consultation set up for the 21st which will be CD15 for me) so I think he gave me a generic test date having not looked at my charts. I'm hoping once he sees my chart that he will recommend more testing throughout this cycle.

254, great post. Totally agree that that testing progesterone before ovulation doesn't make sense.

Verucasalt (great alias btw), are you still breastfeeding? Not sure about the weight loss. The bmi range associated with better fertility is 20-24. So if you are on the low side, perhaps you should try to regain a little? Also, even if weight is normal, or even above normal, if the weight loss has been rapid, or if you are restricting calories too much, or working out too much, it could affect ovulation.

As for your chart, the temps do look low and the LP is very short. I'm no expert, but from your chart I would suspect either anovulation, or low progesterone. I would have the doc evaluate both...

Oh, and I think starting with b50 is good - can't hurt. You can alway up it to 100, 150, or 200 in subsequent months. Other things to try woul be vitex, if you are anovulatory, and progesterone cream. But since you are already under a doctors care, he may have you try Clomid and/or progesterone suppositories. Just a guess!

Bean, i saw your temp dropped today :-( did your temp drop on it's own, or did you stop the progesterone cream?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->