Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

254, great post. Totally agree that that testing progesterone before ovulation doesn't make sense.

Verucasalt (great alias btw), are you still breastfeeding? Not sure about the weight loss. The bmi range associated with better fertility is 20-24. So if you are on the low side, perhaps you should try to regain a little? Also, even if weight is normal, or even above normal, if the weight loss has been rapid, or if you are restricting calories too much, or working out too much, it could affect ovulation.

As for your chart, the temps do look low and the LP is very short. I'm no expert, but from your chart I would suspect either anovulation, or low progesterone. I would have the doc evaluate both...

Thanks for the compliment on the alias :wink wink: I am not breastfeeding and haven't for months. The weight loss has been gradual, but I think I'm going to try to up my calorie intake just in case (I am on the low end of the BMI). I did use an OPK and got a smiley face so could it still be annovulation? I was also wondering if it had to do with the chemical pregnancy I had the month prior?

I don't know much about chemicals and how they affect subsequent cycles, but it makes sense that it could have an effect, especially as it's so recent. From what I've read, it is possible to detect a LH surge using opks and not ovulate. The surge could not be strong enough to pop the egg. Some women in anovulatory cycles will even see multiple + opks in the same cycle - like their bodies are gearing up to ovulate, but don't quite get there. The only way to tell for sure is through charting or by having scans done. Your temps do see a small rise, but the are SO close to the coverline, it does seem like there is something funky going on there. Are they always so low? Maybe it's just a fluky cycle post chemical..

I actually chart old school style with pen and paper but I am attempting to link a picture of last months chart. I'm currently on CD3 of this month.

Hiya Verucasalt!

Looking at your chart, I'd've either put your coverline at 97.5 (0.1 above the highest of the previous 5 temps) but including more of your temps further back (looks like CD18-22 could've been unusually low?) I'd still put it at 97.9 (0.1 above your CD23 temp)... so I wouldn't say for sure your post-of temps are worryingly low...

Might be interesting to put your temps into fertilityfriend.com and see what its take on your cycle is?

I'm 99% sure you ovulated... you had a positive OPK and a temperature rise. Looks good to me. :)

It does look like you have a short LP but given that your son is quite young, it could be that it'll fix itself in time over the next few months (that often happens). When did you get your first period after his birth?

I'm also ttc #2 :)

Hope your doc is useful! Despite looking at my charts my doctor still said I needed to have the Day 21 tests exactly on Day 21... she just didn't 'get' why it needed to be done after ovulation! In the end I went and had them done a few days after I ovulated :)

I've done a lot of tweaking of my food/drink intake this cycle to see if it has an impact... like you I'm on the lower end of a 'normal' BMI, but after reading an excellent book I decided to change to organic food wherever possible, wholegrain products, plenty of superfoods, healthy seeds added to various dishes (flax seeds, chia seeds), maca powder in a 'fertility smoothie' most days, homemade muesli for breakfast (organic oats, organic rice/buckwheat flakes, organic puffed rice, sultanas, maca powder, flax seed powder, chia seed powder, bananas etc etc) and that sort of thing. I used to ovulate at a similar time to you (CD19-22ish) but this cycle I ovulated on CD12... the earliest ever. I'm 8dpo at the moment so I'll report back on whether it has any effect on my LP.

I also had an early MC not long ago, and the cycle after it was very messed up... pretty certain I didn't ovulate at all, and if I did the temp rise for very small. This cycle is looking generally better... although I've stopped temping now as I find it stresses me out when my period is due!

Another great post by 254! Agree that your coverline could be redrawn lower, which would show a greater rise in post o temps. Also agree it would be interesting to see what fertility friend makes of your cycle.

254, which book was it? And fx for you!

Thanks 254. Someone else mentioned possibly cd24. Happy with 10 day LP just not 7! Couldn't believe the difference this cycle. I think that without the progesterone I may of got AF sooner with the drop at 9dpo.

AF gas arrived today but I am happier with the better looking chart.

Hi, posted above before seeing the masses of new posts.

Vercucasalt - I agree with the others your coverline maybe too high. I def think you O'd. Doesn't look too bad I think the B complex might be the tweak you need and a few dietary changes.

There is a trend on here called eat way to baby, I think. Has a good recipe for fertility granola and link to other websites.

Gotta dash now but will link to it later for you.

Def think it's worth inputting temps into fertility friend.

The book I've recently read is 'Making Babies' by Sami David and Jill Blakeway... was recommended it by a lovely ttcer on here and it was fascinating! Was about approaching fertility issues from a holistic perspective rather than jumping straight in with fertility treatment... included some stuff on food which got me thinking and researching. There are several specific fertility diet-type books out there too...

Daisy - started spotting yesterday afternoon so didn't do pm progesterone. Then had big temp drop this am. Heavier spittting but not full blown AF yet.

I had a google about my symptoms from the progesterone and apparently it's due to Oestrogen dominance. To protect my body when there is too much oestrogen you down regulate the receptors. Basically the progesterone wakes them up again. In the long run it's a good thing apparently.

274 & Bean 66 - I input my information into fertility friend as suggested and it shortened my cycle by 1 day and lengthened my luteal phase to 8 days. It was way off regarding predicted ovulation date and when I actually did based on OPK. It also said that my cover line should be 97.4. Obviously I've done something wrong regarding the cover line so I'll go back to the books on that! I have heard a lot about the book Making Babies (bean66 is this what you are referring to?) so I will check it out. I'm not quite sure how many changes I can handle food wise without causing extra stress at this point but I will see what I can do. High hopes that this month will be the month!

No I was just referring to a trend on here. Had a recipe for granola/musli.

Can you link your fertility friend chart. On FF go to my chart, then sharing, select set up. Once done, select get sharing code/button, then copy the link under bbcode code. Either paste it here or in your signicture.

Vercuca, did you add your OPK test results to your FF chart? Because it will usually factor your OPK results into determing your O date. I think it's more heavily weighted toward temps, but it does factor in OPK, CM etc.

Here's the link.

Eat your way to baby.

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/806092-eat-your-way-baby.html

hello all.

not posted as been on shift work.

i have commenced with B50 ....started CD1. My AF has never ever been this light.

Its actually more like very very bloody CM. sorry if TMI,

Is this normal?

xxxx

ps i also have very very little period pains at all xx

My periods have been really light also; pretty much every period since the first one after BCP have been light. Not sure if it's related to the B50, as that is a new thing for me. I remember my periods off BCP as being heavy (but short lasting). Now they are light, and short. Are you still on CD 1? Maybe it'll get heavier tomorrow? Mine seems to start with 1-2 days of spotting, then a light day, then a medium day, then a light/medium day. That's it. I'm having like a 2-3 day AF! Plus spotting.

hey hon,

im cd4. spotted day before that.

i have been off BCP for over18 months.

i have never had such a light period , its normally way heavier by now....wierd.

will have to wait and see!!

good luck xxx

Daisy. Mine periods post BCP were like they were on BCP. Short and light.

This cycle seems different. Sorry TMI but a little heavier and darker. I'm taking this as a good thing. This is my 7th cycle off BCP.

Happy this is my first cycle on B100, but also took vitex and progesterone.

after a 2 day period i just took a HPT on a wandflo.

BFP....so did another one an hour later and BFN. doh frickin evap line

:dohh:

lots of love ladies, im keeping iwth the B50 just still freaked out over super yello wee every time!!! :winkwink:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->