Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Thanks for explaining, Daisy! It's fascinating how differently medical things work in the US and the UK. Our FS appointment will be when we've been ttc almost exactly 18 months of ttc and that's the earliest I could have possibly had it (given referral times, waiting lists etc). And even after that, there's no chance of NHS ivf/iui as I already have a child. I guess we could have seen a FS more quickly if we went private, but I wanted to give it a good go naturally first, and private fertility treatment is absolutely bank-breaking!! :wacko: Hopefully I won't need to worry about that, though. ;)

Have you come across the book Making Babies? Would really recommend having a read, especially if your starts talking about trying meds... it's got lots of non-risky suggestions on ways to improve fertility and the 'success stories' are really uplifting! Fab book... really spurred me on when I read it 3 months ago and has helped shape my approach to ttc now. The reviews really sum it up so well.

254 I agree, our bodies are super confusing :wacko: Have you had any positives with your OPKs or ferning? Get BD-ing anyway as I never trust these OPKs - I think sometimes the manufacturers slip in a few dud ones just to confuse the beejeesus out of us! :haha: Do you temp?

Yup, been temping for 4 years - eek! (well, with a gap for pregnancy) I don't totally trust OPKs as I sometimes miss my surge... and in the cycle we got pregnant with L I barely even got a line, let alone a positive!! And the result of that pregnancy is currently napping upstairs, so I definitely ovulated. ;) Actually, though, I got a semi-decent line this morning, which usually means my surge is on the way up or down, plus some good ferning on the microscope yesterday, so I think the odds are ovulation day is today or tomorrow. Recently I have generally had a pretty short 'fertile period' so 3 days of fertile cervix+cm is a bit unusual for me. :D

AFM: still spotting, no change. :flower:

I hope your spotting eases off soon... maybe you're just a spotter and it won't have any bearing on the outcome of your pregnancy! (which is going to be a wee baby in 8-9 months ;))

Bean... sometimes my body gears up to ovulation and then takes a 'step back' for a few days before actually going for it. I've been wondering recently if stress is to blame?! Could that be the case for you?

Thanks for explaining, Daisy! It's fascinating how differently medical things work in the US and the UK. Our FS appointment will be when we've been ttc almost exactly 18 months of ttc and that's the earliest I could have possibly had it (given referral times, waiting lists etc). And even after that, there's no chance of NHS ivf/iui as I already have a child. I guess we could have seen a FS more quickly if we went private, but I wanted to give it a good go naturally first, and private fertility treatment is absolutely bank-breaking!! :wacko: Hopefully I won't need to worry about that, though. ;)

Have you come across the book Making Babies? Would really recommend having a read, especially if your starts talking about trying meds... it's got lots of non-risky suggestions on ways to improve fertility and the 'success stories' are really uplifting! Fab book... really spurred me on when I read it 3 months ago and has helped shape my approach to ttc now. The reviews really sum it up so well.

I think I have heard about that book, but not yet read it. I'll look into it - thanks for the recommendation!

I hope that if we do need treatment, that it works right away. Because even if you have good infertility benefits, there is lifetime maximum the policy will pay (I think in my case it's 10K), and if you require further treatment, you have to bear 100% of the cost. And as medical expenses here are SO high, I'm not sure how much 10K gets you.. you know? If we had to pay out of pocket, don't think we'd be able to do it right now, and by the time we might be able to afford extra treatment I'll be in my late 30s! So hopefully if I do need intervention, it works and works FAST!

I know I don't post here much but I wanted to update you all. I got my bfp. The first time I got my bfp I was on my 2nd cycle of B50 complex after having an LP of 7 days that went straight up to 11 days. Sadly it ended in a MMC but that was unrelated to all this. Anyway, this time my LP was already 11 days but no bfp so I took b6 & b12 just in case it was my missing link. This cycle was my 2nd cycle on it again and I thought it was doing more harm than good as I started spotting at 7dpo last cycle and 6dpo this cycle. :wacko: Well it looks like the spotting meant nothing at all as I got my bfp! :happydance: I just wanted to update this thread as I've posted in the past and know how helpful these updates can be.

Good luck everyone. I'm always stalking this thread. :winkwink: xxx

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

many many congratulations, happy healthy :cloud9:

254 - errrrrm good point. I was about to say I'm quite relaxed but realised that was a lie. I was chilled about TTC until confusing signals but been stressed about tax bill and damp issues at home. Lots of money to spend! So yes maybe stress is to blame. Got done EWCM so don't really want to not bd tonight but bded last 3 days.

Ebony!!! Congratulations!!! That is fantastic news and so encouraging and uplifting. It's just what I needed to hear. Was this with Clomid as well??

Yay for you!!!! Wishing you and the bean all the best!

Yes it was with clomid aswell. Both times with vit b its been the 2nd cycle though so I think it might be more linked to the vit b. xxx

what is the difference between b complex and super b complex?:shrug:

what is the difference between b complex and super b complex?:shrug:

Not sure. You need to look at the amounts. You need 50mg B6 or higher. Most start at this level and go higher if needed.

Some B complex only have a tiny amount of b bits in them.

Ebony, if you are still reading this thread... can you tell me more about your decision to take B6 and B12 instead of the complex? And how much of each are you taking?

254, I thought you might find this interesting... So after reading your post, I bought the book you suggested, Making Babies. About an hour later as I was sitting in the RE's office waiting for my appointment for blood work, I noticed some acupuncture literature on the end table. There is an event coming up in February at my RE's office that is all about acupuncture and how it can help, especially with IVF. The speakers are (get ready for this) - the co-director of my clinic AND the woman who co-wrote that book. As it turns out, she has an acupuncture facility in NYC, and patients of my clinic actually get a discount there (a small one) on the initial visit. Isn't that crazy? Not sure if I'm going to pursue it, I guess I am still contemplating it. On her website, she offers the quiz that tells you what infertility type you are - I'm "stuck" and "tired." I thought the rest of you ladies might be interested - I mean, who doesn't love a quiz?!

https://yinovacenter.com/quiz/

Ebony, if you are still reading this thread... can you tell me more about your decision to take B6 and B12 instead of the complex? And how much of each are you taking?

254, I thought you might find this interesting... So after reading your post, I bought the book you suggested, Making Babies. About an hour later as I was sitting in the RE's office waiting for my appointment for blood work, I noticed some acupuncture literature on the end table. There is an event coming up in February at my RE's office that is all about acupuncture and how it can help, especially with IVF. The speakers are (get ready for this) - the co-director of my clinic AND the woman who co-wrote that book. As it turns out, she has an acupuncture facility in NYC, and patients of my clinic actually get a discount there (a small one) on the initial visit. Isn't that crazy? Not sure if I'm going to pursue it, I guess I am still contemplating it. On her website, she offers the quiz that tells you what infertility type you are - I'm "stuck" and "tired." I thought the rest of you ladies might be interested - I mean, who doesn't love a quiz?!

Well l took B50 comples the first time until someone said about too much B3 being a problem but l wanted to try B vitamins again so me, 254 and Struth researched and discussed it and we decided on 50mg of B6 and 25mg of B12. Xxx

Interesting... OK something for me to think about! Not sure if I'll switch now, or maybe switch when I'm done with my bottle...

I know I don't post here much but I wanted to update you all. I got my bfp. The first time I got my bfp I was on my 2nd cycle of B50 complex after having an LP of 7 days that went straight up to 11 days. Sadly it ended in a MMC but that was unrelated to all this. Anyway, this time my LP was already 11 days but no bfp so I took b6 & b12 just in case it was my missing link. This cycle was my 2nd cycle on it again and I thought it was doing more harm than good as I started spotting at 7dpo last cycle and 6dpo this cycle. :wacko: Well it looks like the spotting meant nothing at all as I got my bfp! :happydance: I just wanted to update this thread as I've posted in the past and know how helpful these updates can be.

Good luck everyone. I'm always stalking this thread. :winkwink: xxx

Ebony2010 looks like our posts this morning were at exactly the same time and I almost missed your post! Congratulations on your BFP! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months! :hugs:

Congrats Ebony!!! I have only just started on the complex so will try that for a while but then i might try that combination instead!

Daisy i'm stuck and tired per the quiz too! Sounds faily accurate!

Thaks for your input on the numbness it was just one elg btu all the way up, but i only had it for a while and i've had nothing since and as you say B50 is really not that strong, so unless it happens again i am going to ignore it. :)

I had a lot of EWCM again today very nice, so despite not temping looks like my ovulation hasn't moved - so it isn't the stress of temping making it later!! So now the big question is how long will the LP be.... I have had one cycle with 8 days, all the rest have been 6 or 7, so fingers crossed!!

Seriously though after only half a cycle i am not expecting it to make much difference! xx

Well l took B50 comples the first time until someone said about too much B3 being a problem but l wanted to try B vitamins again so me, 254 and Struth researched and discussed it and we decided on 50mg of B6 and 25mg of B12. Xxx

I have looked at my store and they have b12 that are 2500mcg would that be correct?

Got my results - so annoyed though because they were supposed to test thyroid and prolactin also, and they didn't. But my FSH was within normal range (5.8).

Next step is the HSG.

Also found out the specifics of DH's SA. Everything is normal, but the count is low normal (2.8 million). The sample was after 2 days of abstinance.

ok so if i normally would get a BFP on 11dpo, if taking b6 and lengthening LP- would i then get the BFP later?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->