Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Well b complex gave me a long lp! I started spotting at 17dpo yesterday and today is cd1. Much better than last cycle when i started spotting 9dpo!

Hey Hey.

Brrrrrrr I'm chilly!!

Miss Broody - EAT!!!!!! I'm eating lots at the moment and I have no excuse!

Happenstance - Sorry you are still spotting. I'm sure everything is ok.

Hey Daisy - Going to go stalk your chart.

Lindblum - How are you? Has the news started to sink in?

254 - Hope you are ok hun and the stressful times are passing.

AFM- Just waiting. Did first OPK today. Had more of a second line than I thought it would. Will be being tonight but this maybe the cart of a false surge but you never know. I'm hoping at the scan they'll tell me whether I have a follicle ready to pop or popped.

Daisy - Your chart does look good! Remember it's possible you did ovulate later so I wouldn't stop the Progesterone until you are 100% sure you are out.

I have a good feeling for you this cycle though! FXD!

i'm feeling a bit more positive, nausea has kicked in early and im so grateful for it. hoping i get to retch my guts out for the next three months again.

mrs broody - i was wondering whether to take both or not. i decided to stick with just the prenatal, it has 714% of the rda for b6 so im hoping thats enough.

Thanks bean. Not putting much stock in my chart because of the progesterone. Also I really do think I o'ed when it says I did, because I always o about 48 hours after I detect the LH surge, and I definitely got my LH surge when my chart says I did. Anyway. I really don't think I'm going to conceive without some help. Just a gut feeling. Not sure if it's him, or me, or a combo, but I just feel like our combined ages are working against us. Not to say we would never get pregnant naturally, but at this point, I'm glad we will be getting help.

Hello ladies. I came across your thread while searching for info on short luteal phases. I just started trying for my first 01/12 and stopped birth control pills then. My period came that month, and my cycles seem to be regular now. Problem is, according to FF my LP is 8-9 days, and my cycles are 23 days so far.

Since you are all pretty well versed in this, could you please take a look at my two charts through the link below and point me in the right direction as to what I should try next?

After doing some reading I think taking a vitamin b complex for starters, but what about progesterone cream? I am not sure if I need it or not. How do you tell?

I do not want to go for testing just yet, as it's very costly. Thanks for your time!

Welcome Enekai - I'd just start with b complex. Your temps are very erratic. Not sure I trust your crosshairs.

Are you taking your temp at the same time every day after at least 3 hours of solid sleep? Are you temping orally? If you are a mouth breather it might be best to temp vaginally.

Daisy - it's great you're getting help but I think you prob would conceive naturally. A lot of us have been trying over 6 months and have no problems. We're just unlucky. Don't count yourself out just yet. :hugs:

so i was told my day 3 labs were good. so i think that is good now just have to see if my tubes are blocked or what is causing us not to get pg!:shrug:

Thanks Bean. I've just been reading (I know, I know) a lot of very negative statistics about fertility and aging, and how the chances you get pregnant really start to go down the longer you've been trying, which is FREAKING me out.

Also, my husband and his ex (I know - different couple, different issues, but there is one common denominator) had issues conceiving. I think the main issue was hers (ovulatory I think), but IVF failed as well. The did conceive naturally (of course) after clomid (baby #1) and after HSG (baby #2). I know these things can just take time. I don't why I feel so discouraged about it happening naturally, I just do...

I am so sick of TTC, and I am so sick of avoiding coffee, alcohol etc., etc.

I am just feeling so impatient. I just want the know the outcome of this cycle already, and I just wish I had a magic ball that could tell me what's going to happen and when... The trying and trying and trying, with no positive outcome is just so frustrating month after month.

Sorry for ranting!

Enekai - I agree with bean - your temps are very erratic, and I hate to say this (don't hate me) but I'm not sure your cycles are ovulatory... Definitely don't use progesterone cream - if you are not 100% sure when (or if) you are ovulating, progesterone cream will prevent ovulation. I would try B complex (B50), and maybe consider vitex, but that's just me and I'm not an expert! If your cycles continue to have an irregular pattern, I'd consider talking to your doctor about it.

Thanks Bean. I've just been reading (I know, I know) a lot of very negative statistics about fertility and aging, and how the chances you get pregnant really start to go down the longer you've been trying, which is FREAKING me out.

Also, my husband and his ex (I know - different couple, different issues, but there is one common denominator) had issues conceiving. I think the main issue was hers (ovulatory I think), but IVF failed as well. The did conceive naturally (of course) after clomid (baby #1) and after HSG (baby #2). I know these things can just take time. I don't why I feel so discouraged about it happening naturally, I just do...

I am so sick of TTC, and I am so sick of avoiding coffee, alcohol etc., etc.

I am just feeling so impatient. I just want the know the outcome of this cycle already, and I just wish I had a magic ball that could tell me what's going to happen and when... The trying and trying and trying, with no positive outcome is just so frustrating month after month.

Sorry for ranting!

Don't be sorry for ranting. I've had plenty on here. I understand your frustration. I'm on cycle 7. Never dreamt it'd take this long. But seen plenty of ladies who are younger take longer and plenty who are older catch quicker. We or have a 20-30% chance each cycle or the odds are only just beating us. Try and stay positive hun. It's great you're getting help early on though. No harm in that.

Fingers crossed we get out BFPs soon! :hugs: :dust:

DaisyQ I agree with Bean! Hang in there. I am going on m 9th cycle and it isn't getting any easier considereing my sister was able to get pregnant with in a few months and everyone around me seems to be having their 2nd child. :cry: but I just try to stay positive. With getting checked out at least makes me feel better that I am doing everything possible. So please stay positive. Have any of you tried accupuncture? I was thinking of trying it???:shrug:

Thanks for looking at my chart Bean66 and DaisyQ! I take my temp orally as soon as I wake up for work in the mornings, at 5:30 am. I am a mouth breather...Might have to change the way I temp. I agree that my cycles could be anovulatory so far, at least this one, I had no ovulation cramps (I usually get them). Last cycle i did have ovulation cramps, but I wasn't testing. I just started using opk's this cycle and haven't got a positive so far.

I have a call in to my Dr. to have my thyroid levels rechecked (it's been 2 years). Also having him check all my other levels too. Waiting to find out when I can go.

Thanks for the tip on the progesterone cream. I am going to pick up some b complex vitamins and see how that goes. Thanks again! :thumbup:

I'm doing accu and I like it - it's relaxing at least and it makes me feel like I'm doing something...

My RE said the odds are more like 15% each cycle (for a woman in her early 30s) - it's more like 20% if you are in your 20s. At age 35, it goes down to 10% each month. (and I'm 34!! :hissy:) And from what I've read, the odds go down after a while, because the largest proportion of people get pregnant in the first 6 months of trying, so the monthly odds for those of us left over is somewhat lower. :-( According to this chart, the odds of getting pregnant in one year is 63% if you are age 30-34. It goes done to 52% at 35...
https://www.babycenter.com/0_chart-the-effect-of-age-on-fertility_6155.bc

Sorry to be such a debbie downer! I know you are just trying to cheer me up. And I know that most of us WILL get pregnant eventually. I am just beyond ready and feeling so impatient, and a little freaked out at the age thing.

Hi ladies :)

Some really wise words from the lovely people here... it's normal to feel down about ttc sometimes, but Dasiy, see if you can turn things around the look at it from a positive angle... 34 definitely isn't old (yes, it's not 24, but it's not 44 either, and plenty of people conceive even in their 40s!), and you haven't been trying too long at all... I know it's frustrating when some people seem to get pregnant so quickly, but there's a lot of people with no fertility issues at all who take a good year or so to conceive.

We're on our 18th cycle... I know I'm a slightly different situation, already having a daughter, but I still have that absolutely desperate, often all-consuming urge for a child... but I still have faith that it will happen one day. At times, though, it's really, really hard and I do find myself losing hope every so often. Age also crosses my mind sometimes... I'm only 30, but I was 27 when I conceived before, and every so often there's that niggling voice in my head saying "a lot can change in 3 years!" But I know that's silly :)

I think it's easy to get pulled into the world of supplements, testing etc etc which can automatically put you in a 'something must be wrong' mindset, which adds stress, which doesn't help ttc! I've honestly felt more positive recently, despite a fair amount of stress elsewhere in my life, since I've taken a step back from all-consuming ttc, googling, reading, researching etc.

Try viewing things from a different angle... you have no signs anything is wrong at all... all the tests you've had came back fine... and you theoretically would have many many years of potential childbearing ahead of you... but I bet you won't need 'years' for it to happen.

Enekai - Hmmmm, yes, I also wonder whether your cycles are definitely ovulatory. Not saying they're definitely not, but there's not a clear temperature shift, and your CM doesn't follow a standard fertile pattern. Out of interest, what does ff say if you take away the ewcm for last cycle? I think given you only came off BCP last month, it's just going to take a few months for your body to settle down. As I said, it's very easy to be pulled into feeling a 'need' to take supplements, but often time is all that's needed... it's your choice, but if it were me, I'd be giving it several more months to let my hormones settle down before adding anything extra into the mix... supplements when they're not needed can hinder more than help, so it's worth being sure they're definitely needed before starting them. A B complex supplement has many, many times the normal RDA of the vitamins, so it's worth being sure your body is definitely deficient before taking it.

It's natural to feel you want to 'do something' when CD1 comes (I've been there, many times) so I totally get why you're trying to find something to help you conceive.

I've charted for 4 years, and looking at your chart again my charting-instinct says you've had two anovulatory cycles, so you don't have a luteal phase issue (hence don't need B6)... quite common to have anovulatory cycles for a bit after BCP, as the hormones leave your body. It's very likely that within another cycle or two you'll spot ovulation :)

Oh yes, have you read 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility'? An absolutely brilliant book if you're charting... I learnt SO much from it.

Good luck!

By the way, just in case my waffling hasn't come across right... I'm not anti supplements etc at all... I take several myself. I just believe it's worth giving the 'au naturelle' approach a bit of time, and being really sure supplements necessary before embarking upon them! :) :)

Anyway... an update from me. I think I had a surprise ovulation! Crept up upon me at CD15, several days earlier than usual. Have kinda switched off from ttc recently, with L being unwell, my husband also going down with a stomach bug and then the latest in what feels like a catalogue of crap things (a burst pipe in my parents' house while they were up staying with us... 5 days of water flowing into the house I grew up in and where they've lived for 36 years, ceilings down, floors up, walls bulging, lots of stuff (including things from my childhood) destroyed... house has been declared unsafe and they need to find somewhere else to live for 6+ months... but anyway, I've wittered on about it in my journal...) so it was kinda nice to be surprised by a high temperature this morning and all fertile signs going... had expected them to stick around for about 5 days before ovulation, as happened last cycle! After this long I can't say I'm exactly hopeful, but... we shall see...

Sorry for the super-long post. That's what happens when I'm away for a few days. ;) :D

Thank you 254. That post and bean's have been the virtual hug/pat on the head I needed. I am just feeling so desperate about it I guess.

And I'm so sorry about the damage to your childhood home. :-(.

I agree with Bean, never give up hope!! After 10 months of TTC if i am honest i honestly thought we would be waiting till the year and a half and going to my GP for a referral, i had convinced myself there was something wrong with me and i would never concieve natuarally!! then bang cycle 10 out of nowhere a BFP!!! Crazy!

Thanks ladies for the support, it just feels bad to be eating so much crap, i feel guilty that i am not giving the baby much nutrients, but its that or not eating and throwing up so i dont have much choice!!

I had a better day yesterday, it seems if i have a second breakfast once i have driven to work it help line my stomach!!

I am still taking pregnacare and have now been taking it for almost a year - scary that!! It has loads of vitamins in so getting plenty.

Lindblum i think its ok just to take prenatal i was just scared to come straight off the b complex.

Bean, when are you testing next? Any symptoms?

Happenstance yes i thought we should see the HB at 7+4, i am V nervous and V excited at the same time!! Glad i have the nausea and sore boobs so i feel pregnant as it helps with the nerves!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->