Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

I'm doing accu and I like it - it's relaxing at least and it makes me feel like I'm doing something...

My RE said the odds are more like 15% each cycle (for a woman in her early 30s) - it's more like 20% if you are in your 20s. At age 35, it goes down to 10% each month. (and I'm 34!! :hissy:) And from what I've read, the odds go down after a while, because the largest proportion of people get pregnant in the first 6 months of trying, so the monthly odds for those of us left over is somewhat lower. :-( According to this chart, the odds of getting pregnant in one year is 63% if you are age 30-34. It goes done to 52% at 35...
https://www.babycenter.com/0_chart-the-effect-of-age-on-fertility_6155.bc

Sorry to be such a debbie downer! I know you are just trying to cheer me up. And I know that most of us WILL get pregnant eventually. I am just beyond ready and feeling so impatient, and a little freaked out at the age thing.

Daisy :hugs: it's ok, we have all been there! Beyons impatient and completely pissed off!! I also remember crying that it wasnt fair and what had i done to deserve this!! TTC is such a draining business that sometimes it just gets way way too much!!!

When you get to this point, i know it is hard, but you need to try to distract yourself and possibly step back! My doctor always said if you stop focussing on it so much it will happen and i stopped temping and i do generally think it helped with my stress!! (I appreciate this is personal opinion!)

I hope it happens for you soon x

Wow loads of posts overnight.

254 - So sorry about your childhood home. :hugs: I agree re: your supplement philosophy. I think we all rush in to taking something and finding a cause. BCP does deplete us of our B vitamins but I think waiting few cycles to give your body a chance to rebalance naturally is a good idea.

Interestingly I did fine some studies which said for some women temping wasn't accurate. I think something like 20% of charts were said to be anovalutionary when they weren't.

Miss Broody - Maybe try and have a homemade smoothy in the morning with ground flax in. Then you get a little nutrient fix at the start of the day. I haven't recently but I make them with banana and frozen berries and a little honey. With either milk or soy milk.

Daisy - Hope you are feeling a bit better today. I really do understand your frustration. I also hate that my I know my MIL will be there thinking - well they should have tried sooner. We haven't told them we are trying but I think they may have guessed. My DH wants 3 kids so at 30, coming towards 31, I feel like I'm running out of time. It can be overwhelming when I think too much about it so I try not to. Now you're getting help try to take a more relaxed approach and accept it will happen when it's meant to happen.

AFM - CD13. Just waiting. Looking forward to the scan on Saturday. Hoping they tell me I have a nice big follicle ready to pop. Been a bit lazy on the being front but I know I'm not fertile yet as firm CP and creamy CM. Need to make sure it doesn't creep up on me. Right best get ready for work.

Happenstance - How are you hun?

Have a good day all.

254 - sorry about your home. good luck in the 2ww

Mrs - broody, have you tried eating just before you go to sleep? that way you can keep the food down as you won't throw up while sleeping!

bean - good luck with the scan

daisy - :flow:

Hi ladies. Thank you all for your support and encouragement. Temps have been falling, despite the progesterone, so I'm not too hopeful about this cycle. I will get a beta I think tomorrow, and depending on what it is, I may stop the progesterone tomorrow night.

so i just had my first acupuncture appointment. It was a little weird but not to bad. so we will see how this goes!:shrug::happydance:

Lindblum, luckily i havent been actually sick ... yet, its just feeling like i will be sick and heaving when i drive which is nice!!

Bean the thought of smoothies, yoghurts, ice cream or anything of that consistency makes me feel sick even now in the evening, no way would i go near them in the morning, my stomach would not cope!!

Hope we are all well today :) x

Thanks so much for the helpful post 254, you got me to rethink things. I think you're right about everything, I think I will wait and see what happens for a month or so. BCPs do awful things to the body. The rush to do something comes from feeling like I'm running out of time. My sister says I'm silly, women older than me conceive all the time. Thanks for making me see it in a different way. :flower: I have heard of that book, haven't had a chance to read it yet though.

Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing well.

Bean66 I just wanted to check in to say good luck with your scan today. I hope it goes well for you. Just remember to ask them questions while they're doing it - some of these people are just so damn quiet, so make sure they tell you what you want to know. Good luck and please let us know how you get on! :hugs:

Daisy66 I'm sorry you've been feeling down lately, I'm praying for your BFP really, really soon. Just remember that we're always here to listen so please feel free to vent your anger and frustration here. I know you've been taking progesterone this cycle so aren't reading too much into your chart just now, but 14dpo and temps are still looking great. I'm keeping everything crossed for you. :hugs:

254 I am SO sorry to hear about the damage to your parents' home and all of your childhood possessions. It must have been devastating. You've had such a tough time lately and it's time your luck took a change for the good. I really admire your attitude and how you manage to stay positive throughout it all. I see that you o'd are now in the TWW, I'm keeping everything crossed that last month was a sign of your LP getting longer and this month you'll be holding two little pink lines in your hand. I'm thinking of you :hugs:

Lindblum glad you're nausea has kicked in! I hope it sticks around as it's a really reassuring sign. My nausea has started to ease up this week, plus I'm still spotting, so it's freaking me out. Gosh, who'd have ever thought we'd be praying to feel unwell! Hope you're taking it easy :hugs:

Joeys good to hear your 3 day labs came back positive. And it's great that you're trying accupuncture, DaisyQ said it was great too. Are you going to continue with it? I hope your ankle has started to heal. :hugs:

Enekai there's nothing more frustrating than FF and trying to decipher charts! I agree with the other ladies, I'm sure your temps are just erratic due to coming of the BCP and I hope they settle down soon for you.

MissBroody this will seem like the longest weekend in the world for you, but I hope you have an amazing scan on Monday. Please remember to check in with us as soon as you can to let us know how you get on, and to share your pics! :flower:

AFM: Nothing much to update. Still spotting. I registered with a new doctor this week and he says the next thing I'll hear will be from the hospital at between 12-15 weeks when I'll get my first appointment with a midwife. I'm only 9 weeks just now! I'm like, but I'm spotting, surely you can't leave me all that time in the unknown?! But, apparently they can. Plus, my morning sickness has started to subside this week which is FREAKING ME OUT. It's one of the main symptoms I've been holding on to. I suppose I just have to stay as positive as I can but it's so hard to concentrate on anything else.

Sorry if I've missed anyone, you guys have been posting like crazy! :haha: Hope everyone has a great weekend! :flower:

Hi all!

Happenstance, maybe you are just getting used to the hormones now, and that's why it's subsiding? Hope so. Xxoo

Bean, good luck on your scan today!

How is everyone else doing??

Afm, temp dipped lower today, another bfn. Supposed to take progesterone one more day and test again. Sorely tempted to stop taking it today. What so you ladies think? Just want to get this cycle over with and move on. What are the chances that I get a bfp tomorrow at 16 dpo???? I think very, very small.

Hey ladies,

Just waiting for scan.

Happenstance - it's quite normal for MS to come and go. Try not to worry.

Daisy - maybe reduce you dose of progest? Or you using suppositories?

MissBroody - sorry you're so sicky!

Joey - glad acupuncture was OK. I go too though haven't been in a few weeks. Gonna book an appointment for Monday.

AFM - taking a back seat from BnB not offence to anyone just trying not to obsess this cycle. Not temping, no OPKs just checking CM/CP. Hoping they'll tell me at US whether I have a mature follicle!!

My bro and SIL got a BFN. Absolutely gutted for them. They are going to pay for 2 more rounds (hopefully 1) then give up. Just can't even begin to imagine what they are going through.

Will be back later to let you know how the scan goes.

Ugh, feel terribly for your bro and SIL. I'm so sorry. Let us know how your scan goes!!!

I am taking suppositories. Supposed to take 2/day. I guess I could just take one today... Ugh, I don't know.

Scan was fine. She was very lovely. Didn't both w any problems. Ovaries active esp right. Lots of developing follicles but normal for this stage. No dominate follicle yet so few data until I actually O.

Daisy - if you feel so unsure maybe wait another day. It's only a day. And it's better than you worrying you've done the wrong thing.

DaisyQ I'm sorry your temp dipped yesterday, hopefully it'll be back up there today. The progesterone must be driving you crazy, it must be so frustrating. Your in my thoughts and I'm keeping everything crossed for you. It's not unheard of for women to get their BFP later in their cycle, let's hope you're one of them. Sending you :hugs:

Bean66 I'm so sorry for your brother and SIL got bad news, they must be absolutely devastated and my heart goes out to them. I'm praying they don't need the full three rounds. I've read lots of stories on here about women who've had failed first attempts only to go on and have a successful pregnancy the second time around. I truly hope that happens for them.

As for your scan, sounds really positive. I'm so glad it went well and didn't spot any problems. Hopefully you will o soon. And, for what it's worth, I think you're doing the right thing trying not to think too much about this cycle. The whole TTC business can be really frustrating and get us down, so I think it's important - for our own sanity - to take it easy from time to time.

Hope you all have a great weekend - or at least, what's left of it! :hugs:

:hi:HI Everyone

Happenstance - thanks i will post the results once i know tommorrow. And i heard that the symptoms often fade around 9 weeks as this is when the placenta takes over with all the hormones etc so women often start to feel better around then so this is a good sign! (Can you tell i am counting down to 9 weeks after spending 10 minutes with my head over the toilet this morning!

Bean - i am so so sorry about your bro and SIL, my heart goes out to them and i cannot imagiine what they must be going through, i hope the second cycle is successful! And i am glad your scan went well!!

Daisy - sorry about the extra long LP and BFN, it must be getting a bit diheartening. Are you finding the progesterone ok with not too many side effects?

lindblum - are you feeling any better?

254 - sorry about the tough time you have been going through and i hope you get your BFP soon after you have been having a rough time.

I'll update you all tommorrow once i have had scan. x

Thanks all. Stopped the progesterone after my bfn yesterday, and am just waiting on AF now. Hoping she'll be here soon, after another temp drop today, but who knows - I've read it can take 2-4 days, even longer sometimes for her to show.

Broody, hope you are feeling better soon!!

Bean, so glad your scan went well.

Happenstance, how is everything going for you? Lindblum? 254? Joeys? Enekai?

Good morning ladies hope everyone had a good weekend! WE are getting snow here finally but hopefully it won't last along with the -6 temp. But i have my next acupuncture appointment next week which should be right about when I ovulate. THen I will go two more times after ovulation. :thumbup: I hope it helps. I hope everyone else is doing pretty good???:happydance:

Hi Everyone, scan went well today, Baby measured on time and had a good heartbeat.

Picture attached below :)

Only thing really to report is that the sonographer thinks i might have a slight bicornurate uterus, which apparently could cause me to go pre term but she says it is hard to tell and they'll need to look at it again at 12 weeks.

Theres always something!!! I need to stay away from google now!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->