Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

ddas, welcome!

I wouldn't worry too much about overdosing on the B vitamins, but at the same time, I wouldn't worry about your LP either. 13 days is great! And my doctor tells me not to worry about spotting (I start spotting around 10-11 DPO). That said, of course I DO worry about it! Taking B complex has made my LP 1 day longer, but has not improved the spotting unfortunately. Now I'm taking progesterone suppositories (not because my doctor has said I need them - my 21 day progesterone test was normal), but because I'm paranoid my progesterone drops off right after then and my lining is breaking down too early. The progesterone keeps me from spotting, but it's also messy and makes me miserable, and they want me to take it until 16 DPO, which makes the TWW interminable. So pros and cons to both sides. GL!

Thanks Daisy - that's good to hear. We did bd alot. Poor DH has it too.

Welcome ddas! :wave: What daisy said. I'm impressed you're trying for a second so soon. It's our plan too. Though DH wants 3.

Thanks for medication info. I guessed that was the reason. I nearly took it anyway as I was only 1dpo and didn't think it could affect a ball of cells but then decided better safe than sorry. My friend would tell me to use garlic pessarys!! Ewe! Not sure I can go that far. Maybe a little live yogurt if it doesn't clear up.

My poor cat has cystitis and was wailing last night. We were a right pair. I felt so bad for her.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Joey it def looks like you did O but keep bding! I've been caught out before.

bean sorry about your cat and you that sucks. yes i think i might have also but I am just kicking myself for not using opk the whole time and jsut a few sporatic days. :dohh: just got done with my 2nd acupuncture appointment. it went good.

Thanks. Glad the acupuncture went well. I've got an appoinment next week.

Fingers crossed you caught the egg. The sneaky think for popping out early. You're temps are def the same as your previous post O so you can probably stop the OPKs.

Good luck!

oh nice will this be your first time?

yeah i think i have also but i think hd and i will bd every other day till this weekend just to make sure cause you just never know the way my cycles seem to go. :dohh:

No I've been going for months. Did every week for first 6 weeks then every other week. At first it was just to help clear my body of the BCP now we are working on fertility. No BFP yet but generally I think it is good for me.

oh that is good to hear. yes I don't expect it to happen over night for me either but if it can help with me being more regular and maybe with cramps and stuff I am all for it.:happydance:

Well, ladies... it seems like my 'late' period wasn't just down to the progesterone cream delaying the inevitable...

14dpo.jpg

It seems that I may just be pregnant....!

Can't quite comprehend it yet... it's taken us 18 months of ttc to get here... I will be the happiest person in the world if Winter 2012 sees us welcoming our second child into the world.

Will post properly when I'm more coherent!!

Thanks for all the lovely welcomes!

DaisyQ: yeah as doctors we’re very good at saying not to worry but when it’s to do with us it’s a totally different ball game! Although I’m a paediatrician so fertility def not my area of expertise- luckily not many of our patients are ttc- well since our cut off is age 16 I hope not lol!

There’s such conflicting evidence it seems around spotting with some saying that you should start cd1 on the day you start spotting which massive shortens what I thought was an ok luteal phase! My temps fluctuate quite a lot after ovulation (but never under the cover line) so also makes me think not producing quite enough progesterone. Although didn’t temp with my son so maybe that’s the way it’s always been and I should just relax as everyone is always telling you too when ttc- easier said than done though :)

Applaud those of you that trying acupuncture. I may use needles all day but when they are coming at me I feel quite faint! Lots of my colleagues in other specialties have good things to say about the benefits of acupuncture.

Bought my B complex today (50mg vit b6) and my pregancare conception has been dispatched so cd1 here and ready to go!

sorry 254 didn't see your post before I posted. new here but wanted to say a big congrats!!! must seem even more special having waited for it for that long. hope you have a great next 8 months.

congrats 254! how exciting and yes i didn't get to see the picture either it didn't come up.:shrug:

I tried a B6 supplement 50mg for a little more than a month. That probably wasn't long enough to get any LP benefit (I saw no change there), but I quit because my cm turned wonky. It went back to normal when I stopped taking it, so I'm pretty sure that was the culprit.

254 congrats! i have read lots of your post before. happy to see your bfp. H & H :cloud9:.

Yay for 254 big congratulations to u and ur family, I LOVE reading about bfp's!!

254! Congratulations! So excited for you! Wonderful news. Pic didn't come through - post another!

Thanks for all the lovely welcomes!

DaisyQ: yeah as doctors we’re very good at saying not to worry but when it’s to do with us it’s a totally different ball game! Although I’m a paediatrician so fertility def not my area of expertise- luckily not many of our patients are ttc- well since our cut off is age 16 I hope not lol!

There’s such conflicting evidence it seems around spotting with some saying that you should start cd1 on the day you start spotting which massive shortens what I thought was an ok luteal phase! My temps fluctuate quite a lot after ovulation (but never under the cover line) so also makes me think not producing quite enough progesterone. Although didn’t temp with my son so maybe that’s the way it’s always been and I should just relax as everyone is always telling you too when ttc- easier said than done though :)

Applaud those of you that trying acupuncture. I may use needles all day but when they are coming at me I feel quite faint! Lots of my colleagues in other specialties have good things to say about the benefits of acupuncture.

Bought my B complex today (50mg vit b6) and my pregancare conception has been dispatched so cd1 here and ready to go!

You might also consider progesterone cream. I think that, combined with the B vit can definitely help extend the LP. And of course there are always the suppositories! But probably a good idea to start with the B vit and just see what happens. And from everything I've heard/read, you should count day 1, as first red flow, not just spotting - and that comes straight from my RE! Also, I've heard that sometimes vaginal temping is better when you have large temp fluctuations - just an idea! And feel free to attach your chart so we can all stalk it and weigh in. :flower: I was stalking 254 this morning, that sneaky lady with her BFP, trying to be all cool about being 14 DPO and no AF! :haha:

Yay!!!! Congrats 254!! Knew that BFP wasn't far away! So exciting!!! :wohoo: :happydance:

ddas - Most FS and all charting sites take 1st day of proper flow as CD1. I wouldn't worry about your temps too much. My temps are low post O and I hardly get a temp shift. I had bloods done recently and my Progesterone was good and so were my thyroid tests.

Some spotting before 10dpo shouldn't cause too much of a problem as long as full flow doesn't start.

ddas - agree with Daisy - vaginal temping best with fluctuations. You might be a mouth breather. And yeah attach your chart so we can stalk!!

Promise I'll be back for a proper B6-thread catchup asap... but... does this work?! (click to see bigger version)

BFP @ 14dpo! Still don't quite believe it's real...

14dpo.jpg

That's a def BFP!!

My chart is at: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3af90a

last month was first time charted temps & used FF so will see how it goes and if still seeing big fluctuations may give the vaginal route a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->