Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Wowza! That's a gorgeous pic! Love it! :happydance: Woohoo! :yipee: Congrats!

ddas, the utility of charting becomes greater, in my opinion, the longer you've been doing it, because clear patterns definitely emerge. It's hard to draw conclusions from one cycle, and based on this last one, there were some conflicting signs in terms of your ovulation date - creamy CM before O, EWCM after O, etc., So I think as time goes on, you'll have a much clearer idea of what your body is doing, and how long your LP really is. Hopefully you'll get your BFP soon though, and won't need several months of charting to figure out your patterns!

Also, you might like the fertility monitor... ever thought about it?

I AM SO EXCITED 254!!! I told you I thought that dip in your cycle was a possible implantation dip!!! A MASSIVE congratulations 254, I am absolutely over the moon for you :dance::headspin::wohoo::bunny: There's nothing sweeter than those two pink lines. And those are two nice strong pink lines too. Let me know when you've come back down to earth :haha:

PS Has anyone noticed this is becoming quite a lucky thread? Who's going to be next...

Ddas welcome to the thread! I agree with Daisy on everything and would also recommend the CBFM if you have found your cycles have been a bit all over the place. I found it really helpful and I found out I o'd later in my cycle than I thought. I used it alongside OPKs, which I started using after my montor started showing my 'high' days. I know not everyone is a fan of the monitor, but I loved it. Anyway, just a suggestion. Hope you don't need the monitor as you get a nice BFP before then.

PS I also tried the Preseed but DH and I didn't like it too much. It was hard to get the 'balance' right, if you know what I mean! We tried EPO the cycle I conceived and I had loads of CM. I thought it was far better than Preseed, but I know some women swear by it.

Daisy wishing you lots and lots of luck at your appointment today. I bet it seems like forever having to wait for today -well, it's here! :happydance: I'll be thinking about you all day, so please let me know how you get on. :hugs:

bean66 sorry the thrush is still hanging about. Can you take the pessary or is that off limits when TTC (I presumed the pill you were talking about is the one by mouth and not the pessary? Apologies, if you meant the pessary and I've taken it wrongly!)

And I'm sure it won't have bothered any of those little swimmers. They would have been well on their way to your tubes before the thrush had arrived. Hoping this is your month Bean! :hugs:

Joeys glad the acupuncture is going well for you. I've read about lots of women who've had great success with it, so fingers crossed you'll be one of them :hugs:

And finally, another BIG congratulations to 254. I am genuinely so happy for you (even though I knew way before you when I spotted the implantation dip :haha:!) Hope to see you on here soon x

Morning happenstance! How are you??

Yeah I meant by mouth. Not asked about pessary yet. Using a little cream and trying live yogurt. Meant to be one of the best remedies. I think it's improving.

Daisy - good luck today!

MissBroody - how are the food eversions?

Joeys - Hope your TTW flies by and you have a lovely surprise at the end!

Ddas - agree with the others lots of women have good success with the FM. You can pick them up second hand & they have good sell on value. Hopefully you won't be needing it though!!

254 - :happydance: :wohoo: :happydance: :wohoo::happydance: :wohoo::happydance: :wohoo:

AFM - nothing to report. Fxd thrush is getting better. Hoping the TWW passes quickly. Trying not to count days or SS.

Hi,

I have been stalking this thread for a while now so thought I should introduce myself if you don't mind me joining you?

I'm 33 and this is our 3rd cycle trying for baby #2. I had a chemical way back in Jan 2008 and then I conceived our son in the Nov of that year (bit of a surprise as we weren't trying then!) Due to the previous chemical and then the last two cycles charting it seems I have a short LP (10 days and 8 days recorded in last 2 cycles) and for the last couple of months I have had some spotting in the lead up to AF which isn't usually normal for me.

So I have been taking B6 vits for the last couple of months in the hope that it might go some way towards increasing my LP/progesterone and this month since O I have also been using natural progesterone cream. I am 9dpo today with no spotting so far so looking good! Am dying to test but trying to wait until Saturday at least!

Am looking forward to getting to know you all and following your TTC journeys :)

My Ovulation Chart

daisy good luck today! hope everything goes well.

bean acupuncture was good yesterday. This month is just a crazy one for me that is for sure. Think i am getting sick so this is not good. :cry: well i believe i am in my tww and it is going fast considereing i didn't really know i was in it!:happydance:

Welcome pip! Hope b complex and progesterone cream work out well for you.

Joeys, glad the 2ww is passing quickly.

At the docs office and just waiting to be called back. Will update as soon as I know more... Fx for nice big follies but not too many! 2-3 please!!

Update! 2 mature follicles, one on each side, 22mm and 25mm. Triggered, and iui is tomorrow, 24 hours after trigger.

Excellent news Daisy!!! :happydance: I've been stalking the thread to see how you got on! First IUI tomorrow, that's brilliant! It's great that you don't have any further waiting. I know everything will go just brilliantly tomorrow and I really hope this is it for you Daisy, I'll be keeping everything crossed :hugs:

Bean glad the thrush is starting to shift. Fingers crossed it disappears asap. How many dpo are you? In fact, scratch that, I just read that you're not counting days! :hugs:

Welcome Pip! I hope the longer LP this cycle is partly due to the B vits and progesterone cream and partly due to a looming BFP. Let's hope it doesn't take too long for you to get those two pink lines. And well done for planning to hold off until Saturday to test - you must have nerves of steel! I was a POAS addict, couldn't control it!

Joeys glad the TWW is passing quickly but sorry you're not feeling so good. Fingers crossed you feel better soon! :flower:

Broody how are things with you. What day is the scan? :flower:

Happenstance it is going so fast! how are you feeling? i hope i feel better soon! i hate having colds plus this weekend it is suppose to be in the 60's here which is warm.:happydance:

hi, i have question if any one can help me. yesterday, i got my progesterone level on cd 21 that was 21. is it good? dose it show when i might ovulate? because i thought that i o'd on cd 18. was that possible? most cycles i have ewcm around cd14 but ovary pain on cd 16-18 or this time 20. when i don't have anymore fertile cm.
lots of :dust: and :baby: wishes for all

Hi ladies, quick update from me, af arrived for me today, don't feel too bad as don't think we bd'd enough was only 3days before I and the day of I, even so still had that glimmer of hope!
Good news is I think my lp was 13 days if I o'd when I think I did or if not was definitely 12 so think I am seeing a difference two cycles ago it was 11 days then 12 now 13 so think the vitex/b bits r working, also this cycle I used a b-vit complex as before was just b6, so although I am a but gutted I am glad lp is extending as feel have more chance of implanting, it is the spotting that always arrives 7dpo that concerns me most, may try and get another prof test done when I am actually spotting to see results then

Hi hasti, I'm not an expert on the no's but think roughly over 30 shows signs of ov, but if u think u may have o'd on day 20 maybe it wouldn't have shown up as it was too soon, hopefully one of the other ladies can give u more accurate info xxxx

I wonder if any of you ladies can help me?

I had a blood test for prolactin, progesterone and testerone on CD21.

I am now CD23, and doctor just called me with the results. They are as follows;

Prolactin - 541

Progesterone - 45.6

Testerone - 1.2

Doctor says he's a bit concerned about my prolactin levels, though, as they're high. So he wants to repeat the test in a month or two. I'm so worried now, I am so worried, I'm in tears :cry:

As you may know, high prolactin levels can cause infertility. I am beside myself right now. What if that's what it is?

I have very regular, normal periods. I ovulate. I have a 15 day LP and my BBT charts are normal. Just the prolactin levels are really high.

I just can't stop crying and panicking :(

Hi WantingABubba. Normal levels are 25-629. So you are actually within normal range but the high end. This is presuming it is the same units - mu/l - I'm guessing it is. The good thing is they now know to keep an eye on it and it can be addressed with medication. Usually the way it causes fertility problems is that it stops you ovulating. As you are ovulating I wouldn't worry too much.

Have you only been trying 5 months? This is a short time (although I know this isn't helpful to hear) but it by way means you are going to have fertility issues it just may not have been your time yet.

Try and stay positive. Your progesterone levels show good strong O.

hi, i have question if any one can help me. yesterday, i got my progesterone level on cd 21 that was 21. is it good? dose it show when i might ovulate? because i thought that i o'd on cd 18. was that possible? most cycles i have ewcm around cd14 but ovary pain on cd 16-18 or this time 20. when i don't have anymore fertile cm.
lots of :dust: and :baby: wishes for all

Which country are you in? If US this is good. Even if UK it still probably show's you have O'd. Progesterone ideally should be tested at 7dpo.

Hi ladies, quick update from me, af arrived for me today, don't feel too bad as don't think we bd'd enough was only 3days before I and the day of I, even so still had that glimmer of hope!
Good news is I think my lp was 13 days if I o'd when I think I did or if not was definitely 12 so think I am seeing a difference two cycles ago it was 11 days then 12 now 13 so think the vitex/b bits r working, also this cycle I used a b-vit complex as before was just b6, so although I am a but gutted I am glad lp is extending as feel have more chance of implanting, it is the spotting that always arrives 7dpo that concerns me most, may try and get another prof test done when I am actually spotting to see results then

Hi hasti, I'm not an expert on the no's but think roughly over 30 shows signs of ov, but if u think u may have o'd on day 20 maybe it wouldn't have shown up as it was too soon, hopefully one of the other ladies can give u more accurate info xxxx

Sorry about the witch but great news about LP. Fingers crossed for next cycle for you.

hows everyone doing today? i am ok besides my face feels like it is burning up! :nope:

Hi WantingABubba. Normal levels are 25-629. So you are actually within normal range but the high end. This is presuming it is the same units - mu/l - I'm guessing it is. The good thing is they now know to keep an eye on it and it can be addressed with medication. Usually the way it causes fertility problems is that it stops you ovulating. As you are ovulating I wouldn't worry too much.

Have you only been trying 5 months? This is a short time (although I know this isn't helpful to hear) but it by way means you are going to have fertility issues it just may not have been your time yet.

Try and stay positive. Your progesterone levels show good strong O.

Thank you so so so much xxx

Hello everyone,
Is anyone trying Wild Yam supplements in addition to B6, I've heard it's good for Progesterone production, my doctor told me it contains progesterone I am taking this in addition to progesterone supplements my doc prescribed, alternating every other day, but I just don't feel any side effects at all. No sore bb's, nothing... :shrug: And my insurance doesn't cover infertility testing, so it's not an option right now for me... sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->