Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Joeys - sorry you're burning up. Hope it's a pregnancy symptom not your cold.

Emma - You can get natural progesterone which can help, the levels are a lot lower than prescribed progesterone. It needs to be one that is bio identical to our progesterone and have a usp value. I'm not sure the yam based ones are. Emerita Progest gets the best reviews.

I'm good not SS and not counting days. Haven't got sore bbs which is weirded as that normally starts 1-2dpo. But I'm just going with it.

Daisy- I've lost a day. Is your IUI today or was it yesterday? Hope it went/goes well. Swim swimmers swim!

Happen - how are things hun?

Daisy - saw your ticker! Sounds like it went really well. Loads of swimmers. Everything crossed Hun! Let's keep up the lucky streak!

bean thanks my face still feels warm not really sure what is all about. My glands are still not swollen and they normally would be if i was getting sick. so not sure if this is just allergies which again i don't really have unless i am getting sick! :dohh:

daisy good luck and yes swim spermies! good luck!:thumbup:

looks like i am 9dpo this is going fast considering I didn't know i had ovulated early! :happydance:

hi bean. actually i don't know dr. just told me it is 21 and that mean you ovulate. but she gave me referral for fertility clinic! and i am new to canada so not sure about units in here.

Emme I don't know much about wild yam either. In my honest opinion, I would go with the progesterone suppositories your doc prescribed, every day to keep an steady level of progesterone. The suppositories have excellent absorption and can really help the lining become more vascularized and receptive to implantation. I don't know for sure, but I really don't think the creams (wild yam or other) are nearly as powerful.

Joeys, hope your face is burning because of high progesterone! :flower:

:hi: Bean! You are so cute - thanks for taking an interest. Yes, IUI was yesterday. I had a total freakout this morning though because my temp was still low. I was supposed to ovulate last night (doctor said ovulation usually occurs ~ 36 hours after the ovidrel shot, and I had mine at 9 am on Wednesday). Well no temp rise today, meaning that if I hadn't ovulated, then IUI was not well timed. !!!! I called my doc to see about doing another IUI today. The nurse told me that the shot is really effective, and I most likely had already ovulated, and not to worry about it, but of course I WAS worried about it. I went in for an ultrasound with the idea that if I had not yet ovulated, I would insist on a second IUI. Well, the doc confirmed ovulation - he said the follicles were gone, and he could see fluid (in the cul de sac?? something like that! :haha:). So basically I feel like a total dumbass hysteric. Anyway... Now I know that charting isn't always so accurate in pinpointing O dates (sorry everyone!!). I did find this site, which I found informative https://www.inciid.org/faq.php?cat=infertility101&id=1#6, which states that it can take 2 days after O to see a temp rise.

daisy i am so happy that you got it confirmed! I probably would have done the same thing.

DO you really think high progesteron can cause that? :shrug:

I don't know for sure, but progesterone raises your temp, so it could also cause flushing? Don't really know though - hoping that's the beginnings of a pregnancy glow!

oh that would be great but who knows don't like to get my hopes up. plus i don't really have an idea of how many dpo i am at right now. not sure if my ticker is right.:dohh:

Daisy. I'd have done the same. I agree re: temp rise Oing. I started a trend once with some studies. I'll find it and put it here.

Also my temp shift is minimal and I have good progesterone and I've seen charts with low progesterone and good temp shifts. I don't think it's all as simple as it seems.

Also means some of us probably have longer LPs than we think!

i agree makes me even more :wacko: thank i already am about ttc. my hd and I were just talking about this at lunch about how not every female has the same cycle or not even month to month is the same for the same female. he said you need to get your body back on the regular 27 day cycles that i had a while ago. i said i can't make my body do that if I could i would have a long time ago! :dohh:

Also means some of us probably have longer LPs than we think!

That's true...

HOWEVER... ](*,) Sigh. Just got a call from the nurse (the same one that assured me I didn't need to come in today, etc.), and she said my progesterone today is 1.2, which indicates I'm probably ovulating now (today). And she also said it would be too late to come in tomorrow to do a second IUI. So basically, I AM ovulating a little later then they thought (more like when I thought). This is so frustrating. I feel so annoyed, upset and defeated right now.

Next cycle, I am going to insist on either one IUI at 36 hours or 2 back to back. This is ridiculous. I am SO freaking annoyed.

omg daisy i am so sorry! sometimes you wonder if we know more the dr/nurses. it is crazy. :dohh:

Daisy - hugs! How many hours before O was IUI? So badicly (not sure what this word is? Basically?) you must have just O'd when they did the scan? It's possible you O'd 12 hours before your bl test. It can take prog a little while to get into the system.

Anyway my point is research shows that O-1 and O-2 are better days than O day. So stay positive! You'd have had lots of swimmers having a rest and recharging in the 5* hotel that is your fallopian tubes waiting for that egg to pop out today.

Have a look at pregnancy charts on FF loads are with last bd a day or 2 pre O.

Everything crossed hun!

Sorry excuse typos!!!! Think I've now corrected most.

Daisy, I am sorry you are feeling down :hugs: but you did BD as well so hopefully with that and the meds, you will get your BFP!! Crossing everything for ya!!

As to the progesterone, I am taking the pills my doc prescribed, but I am not getting any symptoms at all :nope: I don't know what is wrong, with me, I should feel sore bb's or something, but nothing at all. I am also using progesterone cream with the Wild Yam supplements on the alternating days from the pills, but nothing, no symptoms at all.
I wonder if they gave me placebos :haha:

Hi Ladies!! I have been off travelling for work again and havent been able to get on here. I hope you are all well!!

Daisy sorry to hear your frustrated with the IUI timing but I still think your in with a fair chance based on the timing. I hope this first cycle does it for you!

Good luck this cycle everyone!! I'll be watching for those BFPs!

I have my call back scan on Monday to check my uterus so we will see whether they were right!

Joeys hope you're feeling a bit better and the burning up feeling is going away. I took a look at your chart and looks like your temps are looking good. Fingers crossed!

Bean how's it going trying not to SS? Hope it's going well and this TWW flies by. Do you have a date in mind for testing or have you lost track of your dpo? You're one tough cookie, Bean. I couldn't have stopped tracking even if I'd wanted to - I'm far too OCD! :blush:

Daisy read both your posts. Was so excited then so *insert sweary word here* off for you by your second post. It is so frustrating when they give you conflicting information. For what it's worth, I reckon Bean has an excellent point. I too have heard that O-1 or -2 is better than O day and let's keep our fingers crossed that your tubes kept them nice and comfortable until they could make a break for your egg. I can imagine how angry and frustrated you must be right now, but I'm still keeping faith that this cycle might be the one for you. Hopefully your eggs are better quality this cycle due to the Clomid and remember that there's 137 million :spermy: in there (not to mention the bonus :spermy: from your back-up bd-ing!). You just need one little guy to hang on in there. Tell DH to take you somewhere nice this weekend for dinner or a movie or something and try and take your mind off it as much as possible. Sending you massive :hugs:

Emmediva I'm sorry I have no advice on the progesterone, I really don't know much about it. However, I agree with Daisy that the pills from the doc should be adequate on their own. Is your doc re-testing your progesterone to see if the pills improve it? Good luck!

Broody great to hear from you again and glad your scan is coming around on Monday. I really hope they give you better news this time but either way, I'm glad they're keeping such a close eye on you. Let us know how you get on.

AFM: I had my private NT scan yesterday. Or, at least, I tried to! Baby has to measure at least 45mm and mine is just 43mm so I have to go back a week on Sunday to try again. I'm so glad I decided to book this scan as my first midwife appointment isn't until I'm 16 plus 2 and there's no way I could wait that long to see baby! Although she couldn't do the test yesterday, I still got to see baby and he/she seems to be doing fine. Despite the spotting! I've attached a couple of pics (they're not great quality as they're pics of pics) but the first one you can see its hand brushing its face and in the second it's kicking a foot up! Well ladies, it's no longer a blob!!! :happydance:

Attachments

• 09.03.12 11 weeks and 3 days scan (small).jpg
    09.03.12 11 weeks and 3 days scan (small).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 09.03.12 11 weeks and 3 day scan pic 2 (small).jpg
    09.03.12 11 weeks and 3 day scan pic 2 (small).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 2
Happenstance - sooooo cute. Beautiful pic! And you get to see the bean again on Sunday.
I kind of do know my dpo. I O'd last Saturday so not hard to figure out. Gonna try and hold out testing until next Saturday but I'm sure I'll cave. My symptoms are that there aren't any. I usually get sore bbs or very sensitive nipples from 1-2dpo. I think this is a good sign, not neccessarily a pregnancy sign but that my hormones are more balanced.

I'm thinking positively. Had rare steak and wine last night. Decided it'd be my last chance for 9 months!

Broody - nice to hear from you. Can't wait to see your scan pics on Monday.

Beautiful pic happenstance :0)

Bean not sure I read ur post right do u think sore bb's/nips after o is a good sign or not that hormones are balanced? I usually getting sore nips after o but only lasts a few days, good luck in the 2ww fingers crossed for u

Daisy really hope the IUI leads to ur bfp, does sound like there were lots of swimmers ready and waiting to get down to business so really wishing u lots of luck xx

Have a good weekend everyone xx

P.s just wondering if anyone has any experience with AC/vitex or any advice? I have been using it the last few cycles along with the b vits and have seen an improvement with my lp but am running low on them now and wondering whether to have a break and just use the b vits but obviously don't want a bad cycle, so just wondering if anyone knows whether you should just keep taking it indefinitely or if ur body kind of resets itself hormonally and will stay with a good lp! As have been using two supplements not sure if it's the AC, b vits or both that are helping!
Any opinions greatly appreciated thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->