Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

well tomorrow is the luck day then! we are on cycle 10 right now with all bfn's! :nope: so my fx for you!!!:happydance:

Hi ladies, mind if I join you? Read half of this amazing thread which took me about 4 hours!

I think I have lpd. My cycle was 26 days last month, lp was 10days and I ovulated on cd16 and the cycle before I started spotting about 8dpo. I've just started taking b50 complex in hope it will lengthen my lp.

Been ntnp for over 18 months but nothing was happening so we decided to start actively trying January. All bloods are normal. Started temping last month too.

Hope you're all well x

Welcome OceanPearl. 10day LP isn't too bad but would be good to add an extra day or 2. Hope the B complex works for you.

Daisy - Good luck tomorrow. I have everything crossed for you.

Hope the rest of you lovely ladies are well.

Welcome OceanPearl - FX B50 does the trick.

Bean, I'm freaking out that I might get a false negative tomorrow, stop the progesterone and cause AF to arrive. Ugh. I don't know what to do. Do what I'm told and stop it tomorrow, or keep taking the progesterone another day or two, or go in for a Beta. ?? The only reason I worry it might be a false negative is from my symptoms (feeling hot, elevated BBT higher than it usually is at this point, day time temp ~ 99, sore nips), but I guess these can all be from the clomid...?

See what tomorrow brings. If you are in doubt go for a beta or wait another couple of days. Good luck. Sounds promising!

Hi and welcome ocean_pearl! Good luck... try not to worry too much about a 10 day LP, and I'd definitely wait until you've charted for several cycles before concluding for sure that your LP is short... you might get a surprises after a few more cycles!

Daisy - good luck for tomorrow! I think if it's a BFP it really should be showing up at 14dpo, so a HPT will probably be enough to tell you what you need to know... but if you're worried, maybe getting bloods as well when you can will reassure you?

joeys - how did your u/s go?

Bean :hugs:

And a me update..... 6+2 today and having some wobbles. Rambled on enough in my journal so won't go into detail... no 'substantial' reasons, all seems to be going well enough, no spotting or cramping... just having had a late-ish MMC in the past I just can't shake the 'what if...?' worry. The rational part of me knows the odds of it happening again are slim... but I can't help but worry. I was the same with L's pregnancy, even though I also felt generally positive at the same time. Strangely, I am actually still feeling quite calm most of the time... but am having some serious 'low moments'. Have a scan booked for next weekend.... goodness, I hope it's good news.

:hugs: 254. I'm sure having the scan will make you feel better. I know it must be so hard not to worry.

Thanks to you and Bean for responding.

I have read a few accounts of women who tested BFN on 14 DPO, stopped their progesterone, AF did not come, and they found out they were pregnant a few days later (like 17 DPO). So my hope is that if I stop the progesterone tomorrow, as instructed, I won't lose it if I really am knocked up. I am toying with the idea of taking one dose of progesterone instead of my usual two tomorrow, just to give myself an extra day to test (15 DPO), but I may not... I will also call my RE's office with my HPT results and grill them on if I need to come in and get a Beta.

Hi Ladies,
Daisy, really hoping tomorrow is the day for your BFP! it's so hard to not knowing isn't it! Not sure this will help, but my mum didn't show up positive on a HPT til she 9 weeks pg with me. (bloods showed she was Pg though and she had a normal pregnancy!)

thanks for all the messages about my LO - she's fine now. a bit croaky and has a sore throat but is back to running around annoying big sister! :D she's at risk of pneumonia but we're keeping an eye on her!

well, i cannot figure out how to get my chart on here, but i am majorly confsued now. My temps went up on CD9 and said stayed up for 3 days (making it say i O'd CD10). Then yesterday my temp dropped right down again (from 97.9 down to 96.8!!) which made my red O line dissapear on my chart, but then is back to 97.45 this morning and that little red line has showed up again! not sure what to make of it - did i O, didn't I??!!
So two questions:
1)is it possible that the B-vits would have that much effect on my cycle in the first month (from Cd31 O to CD10 O?)

2)i'm now 5dpo according to my chart - should i expect AF in 4 days or so (assuming the b-vits may have lengthened my LP) or should i still be doing OPK's in case FF is wrong and i just had a few screwed up temp days?
I'm just not convinced i O'd - i had no CM before or on the day of O, but have had it since. Any input would be appreciated!! Lucy

Is your CM clear or creamy/opaque? It's possible to have fertile looking CM after O.

it sounds like you did O. Having a dip ~ 4 days or so after O is not uncommon. It's usually related to a second estrogen surge which lowers temps (and may also cause that fertile looking CM you are seeing).

CD 10 though does sound early. Were you doing OPKs?

I think you just have to keep temping hon and see how it goes.

LLPM... I'm glad your little girl is OK. Sounds so scary!

Hmmm.... CD10 would be incredibly early to ovulate, especially if you have previously been ovulating 3 weeks later. My pre-ov temps sometimes jump around all over the place, so if it were me, I'd be leaning towards thinking I'd not ovulated yet and keeping a close eye on my fertility signs.

On fertilityfriend, click on 'sharing' near the top right, then under 'Charting Homepage' choose 'setup' and then you should be able to set up a charting homepage address - that's the url that means others can see your charts. :)

254 - I think it is completely normal to be nervous. I am sure everything will be just fine. It's good you're having an early scan to help put your mind at ease.

LLPM - Does sound very confusing. I'd keep up with the OPKs and bding. Just to be safe. FF has got my O day wrong before. Glad your LO is feeling better. B hits are unlikely to have an effect that quick.

Daisy - Fingers crossed hun.

Joey - Any news?

Bean looks like we r doing our first Inuit on Tuesday. 2 follicles at 13 and 15 I believe

Ooh exciting! Fingers crossed for lovely big follicles for Tuesday. Are you having a trigger or waiting for LH surge?

Hi ladies :flower:

I havent posted in this group before, but im just after some advice.

I took Vit. B6 for this cycle and so far so good, My LP has so far increased by 2 days, But im getting BFN's, so im awaiting AF.

Could anyone tell me, Does Vit B6 completly reduce PMS?, I have no AF sympotoms what so ever, no cramping, nothing....Even my CP is still high soft and closed....I dont believe im pregnant, but wondering how long its likely to increase my LP for?

I was having high temps, but then they started to drop today, so im expecting AF soon i guess :shrug:

My Ovulation Chart

HI Lucy, Welcome. Yes I would say my PMS symptoms have reduced. First month they didn't but then I was using natural progesterone too.

I can't access your chart but if your temps are dropping then I'd say the witch will be with you soon.

Hope the B hits continue to work their magic nd you get your BFP soon.

Oh yes I have a little question! So I'm taking b50 complex, and I was taking pregnacare vits too but I've noticed they both contain 400mg folic acid so should I stop the prenatals?

No I'd continue with both. That is still a safe limit. If you are concerned though have a chat with your doctor (although they probably won't have a clue).

1mg (1000ug) is the upper limit. Your prenatals will have 400ug. I think that's right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->