Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Thanks bean, ill have a word with my dr as I need to call him about my day 21 bloods anyway. Apparently I am ovulating which is good news, just need to find out my progesterone level.

Bean- was it the b vits that helped you get pregnant do you think?

There's no harm in taking a 'double' folic acid dose... ladies who are at risk of neural tube defects are prescribed 5mg a day. It's a water soluble vitamin which I'm pretty sure means any 'excess' will just come straight out of your body.

I think a combined things have helped increase my LP which is helping me get pregnant. I just need to stay pregnant. I also take vitex because my cycles were all over the place following BCP. I think this has helped too but def think the B complex has helped me.

So ladies do I take EPO this cycle or not? Did last cycle and had loads of EWCM but O'd late, cd24. Usual is cd18-20. Worried that later O meant my lining wasn't optimal. Though I've seen no research to support this. Really want to O early and get my BFP (even if it would lead to a Christmas logistical nightmare!)

The folic acid is fine. I actually take 1200 mcg a day. My midwife said they give 4000 mcg (4mg) to women with a history of spina bifida, and also very elevated doses to those with twins.

Daisy ... have you tested? Thinking of you!

Ocean, 800 total mcg is totally fine. Like bean said 1000 mcg is the upper limit. It is true that it's a water soluble vitamin, that said, taking a very high does could potentially have ill effects, but not at 800. 800-1000 is generally what is recommended for women who are pregnant or TTC.

Women at risk for having babies neural tube defects (as in having a past history of this) should take more, because they may have an issue absorbing or metabolizing it.

Bean, not sure what to tell you. I also take EPO, 2000 (2 caps) per day, before ovulation, and I was ovulating between CD 15-20, usually more like CD 17. It did seem to help with EWCM which is so important. It does seem desirable to O at the more "typical" time, like as close to CD 14 as possible. I'm not sure why this is, if it means that late O leads to an overripe egg or what. Have you tried grapefruit juice at all? It's an old wives tale I guess, but some friends on other threads have had great success with it - it sometimes moves up O, and people say they see more EWCM within a hour or two of drinking it. In fact, I know of 3 BFPs within 1-2 months of trying it.

AFM - BFN. I expected it, but am still devastated. I just can't understand. I spent the morning crying and am actually going to take the day off just to care for myself, sit outside in the sun, go to the gym, etc. I've had all I can take today already. This keeps getting harder and harder, and I think once you are investing the time and $$ into ART (IUI, IVF etc.), the bfns are even bigger blows because your expectations are higher.

Sotired, must have cross posted with you. Thank you for thinking of me. :friends:

bean i am doing the ovidrel inj on sunday and then on tuesday the iui. They drew my blood to check on my estrogen levels. So we will see how this goes.

Daisy how are you doing? I see your temp dropped! :nope:

Yeah, I'm out. BFN, temp drop etc. My last dose of progsterone was last night. I expect AF to arrive tomorrow at some point or Sunday latest.

I am sorry daisy I know it is hard. are you going to do the iui again?:hugs:

Yes, another IUI is planned for this month. I have to call the doctor's office still and confirm the protocol is the same. I want back to back IUIs though this time, and I am going to ask about injectables. I'm supposed to do clomid again this time, and injectables next time, but I am actually going to be away the cycle after this one, and don't think I'll be able to do injectables as planned...:shrug: I don't know. I'll let you know once I know what I'm doing.

Yes, another IUI is planned for this month. I have to call the doctor's office still and confirm the protocol is the same. I want back to back IUIs though this time, and I am going to ask about injectables. I'm supposed to do clomid again this time, and injectables next time, but I am actually going to be away the cycle after this one, and don't think I'll be able to do injectables as planned...:shrug: I don't know. I'll let you know once I know what I'm doing.

oh that is good. yeah we never really talked about doing the iui and then my hd was like lets just do it. is there a better success rate with doing back to back iui's? what's all involved with injectables? isn't that the same as the ovidrel inj?:shrug:

There are some studies that show that back to back is more effective, and others that don't. I think it's really up to each clinic and each doctor - they do what they think works for them. In my case however, I feel that my IUI was not well timed (I ovulated the day after the IUI), so I'm going to ask for back to backs. I think I must ovulate on the later side after getting the ovidrel. So one IUI 24 hours after ovidrel and another 48 hours after.

Injectable meds you take in lieu of clomid or sometimes along with clomid. They are injections that you have to take for a series of days, sometimes 5 days, sometimes longer depending.

oh wow thanks for the informations. Sounds like you have done your research on this stuff. that does make sense on having 2 iuis done if you are ovulating later. Do you use opks too to help? I am going to do that this month to see if I can tell. I feel like i have had ovulation cramps for the last 3 days but opk says - the dr says it could be the follicles is that normal?:shrug:

so have you noticed if clomid has helped?

Yes it's normal to feel your ovaries when on Clomid. Mine felt tender/swollen. It's just the follicles growing.

I did opks for a couple of days before the iui because I was anxious that I would surge naturally before the ovidrel shot, but I didn't. I have read though that Clomid and also the ovidrel shot make opks inreliable. I dont really know. If you are being monitored with bloodwork and ultrasound I don't think you really need the opks.

I don't know if Clomid helped. I mean, I had two eggs instead of one, so it did what it was supposed to do. But I'm still not pregnant, so... ?

HI Lucy, Welcome. Yes I would say my PMS symptoms have reduced. First month they didn't but then I was using natural progesterone too.

I can't access your chart but if your temps are dropping then I'd say the witch will be with you soon.

Hope the B hits continue to work their magic nd you get your BFP soon.

Im only taking 1.4mg (had i have known it was that little, id have upped them lol) So surely that little cant have taken away my PMS symptoms altogether?, maybe they have.

Still no AF for me, temps are still above cover line, but they are dropping so i will expect AF....So far they have increased my LP by 2 days, so i guess that's only a good thing :flower:

I haven't posted here bu I am curious if it's possible to have low progesterone after the mini pill? I had no problems conceiving my other two but after this pill my cycle seems so messed up! The first was really long I didn't O for 6 weeks and had a short LP and after that my cycle seemed better but my Pms was really bad and I've been spotting before AF for 2-3 days which is not normal for me! I'm taking epo until O and am wondering if B6 would help at all or if I should get angus cactus? Please help, I was hoping to have a bfp by now :(

Oh and my doctor won't do anything yet because I already have 2, I had high estrogen last time my blood tests were done and a us to rule out cystic ovaries as the cause but that was a year ago

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e741b

not sure if this will link to my charts!

hello,

sorry to hear about your BFN Daisy! hope you're feeling OK.

Not sure if the link to my chart worked? i'm 7dpo (if i o'd - still negative OPK's and no more EWCM) my temps are sticking just above the line but not worried - my chart when i conceived DD2 the temps only just sat above the line til i got my BFP at 14dpo.
Feeling a bit frustrated still not knowing what's going on. i think i'll just expect AF to arrive in the next few days. i've been cramping all day today and going off previous LP length i'm due in 2 days :( feels a bit weird that it could be that soon though - i usually haven't even got close to my O day yet! lol

we'll see - maybe the vits are doing more bad than good?! Lucy

HI Lucy, Welcome. Yes I would say my PMS symptoms have reduced. First month they didn't but then I was using natural progesterone too.

I can't access your chart but if your temps are dropping then I'd say the witch will be with you soon.

Hope the B hits continue to work their magic nd you get your BFP soon.

Im only taking 1.4mg (had i have known it was that little, id have upped them lol) So surely that little cant have taken away my PMS symptoms altogether?, maybe they have.

Still no AF for me, temps are still above cover line, but they are dropping so i will expect AF....So far they have increased my LP by 2 days, so i guess that's only a good thing :flower:

I can't see 1.4mg having a major affect. I'd guess your body is managing to sort itself out naturally.

I haven't posted here bu I am curious if it's possible to have low progesterone after the mini pill? I had no problems conceiving my other two but after this pill my cycle seems so messed up! The first was really long I didn't O for 6 weeks and had a short LP and after that my cycle seemed better but my Pms was really bad and I've been spotting before AF for 2-3 days which is not normal for me! I'm taking epo until O and am wondering if B6 would help at all or if I should get angus cactus? Please help, I was hoping to have a bfp by now :(

Yes it's possible. How long have you been trying for? I'd probably start with B50 complex, see how that goes. AC is good for some ladies but can mess others up. If your cycles are starting to improve then I'd wait a bit longer before starting AC. Don't worry about spotting too much, most doctors don't believe it affect fertility. How long is your LP now?

hello,

sorry to hear about your BFN Daisy! hope you're feeling OK.

Not sure if the link to my chart worked? i'm 7dpo (if i o'd - still negative OPK's and no more EWCM) my temps are sticking just above the line but not worried - my chart when i conceived DD2 the temps only just sat above the line til i got my BFP at 14dpo.
Feeling a bit frustrated still not knowing what's going on. i think i'll just expect AF to arrive in the next few days. i've been cramping all day today and going off previous LP length i'm due in 2 days :( feels a bit weird that it could be that soon though - i usually haven't even got close to my O day yet! lol

we'll see - maybe the vits are doing more bad than good?! Lucy

Difficult to say Lucy. I wouldn't be confident you have O'd with those temps. Time will tell. Keep looking out for fertility signs. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->