Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

I have to run to work, but I wanted to say Bean that I had spotting 9 dpo which ended up being IB. Fingers crossed for you! Keep us posted!

Lindblum - congrats on being almost out of the first trimester!

AFM, I'm still pregnant. No symptoms, b ut no sign of m/c either. I'm almost 5 weeks, so still in the very dicey stage. I'm sort of hoping to get some MS or something this week just to reassure me that this is real, but I'm sure if I do I'll end up regretting that I ever said that!

Thanks Sotiredmama, good to know.

I'm sure you'll get lots of lovely symptoms soon!

I hope baby is the size of a lime! I went to a&e on Friday because the spotting turned a weird orange pink colour. Bloods and hcg level came back normal. I had a scan but baby wasn't moving and the doctor couldn't hear the heartbeat on the machine so am waiting for my scan on Wednesday to give me a better answer x

Sorry you are going through worry. Im sure everything is just fine.

Fingers crossed hun. :hugs:

Oh lindblum. :hugs: sorry for the worry. I hope you just had an incompetent US tech. Fx that everything is as it should be.

Hi all. Lindblum, hope your baby is OK! Will be thinking of you!

Sotiredmama don't worry too much about not having symptoms. Apart from a big belly I had no preg symptoms with either of my pregnancies :) I also haves friend who was really sick with her first but 2nd & 3rd she had no symptoms!

Bean that's what happened to me last cycle. Unfortunately the spotting was the start of AF for me. Really frustrated I only had an 8 day LP but I guess cycle do go a bt silly sometime depending on the situation.

Afm. I'm on CD8. AF was 6 days but only light spotting for last 2 days. Hoping for early O again, but as I'm not charting I wont have a definite day of O. I usually have a few fertile cm spots during cycle so we're just BD'ing every other day from now. I feel so much better not charting - its taken the stress out of it. So if any of you feel super bogged down by charting take a month out. I was supposed to be having another prolactin blood test but lost my referral so will hunt for it today. When do you think is a good time to get it done in my cycle?

Who's now in the TWW? X

Hi all. Lindblum, hope your baby is OK! Will be thinking of you!

Sotiredmama don't worry too much about not having symptoms. Apart from a big belly I had no preg symptoms with either of my pregnancies :) I also haves friend who was really sick with her first but 2nd & 3rd she had no symptoms!

Bean that's what happened to me last cycle. Unfortunately the spotting was the start of AF for me. Really frustrated I only had an 8 day LP but I guess cycle do go a bt silly sometime depending on the situation.

Afm. I'm on CD8. AF was 6 days but only light spotting for last 2 days. Hoping for early O again, but as I'm not charting I wont have a definite day of O. I usually have a few fertile cm spots during cycle so we're just BD'ing every other day from now. I feel so much better not charting - its taken the stress out of it. So if any of you feel super bogged down by charting take a month out. I was supposed to be having another prolactin blood test but lost my referral so will hunt for it today. When do you think is a good time to get it done in my cycle?

Who's now in the TWW? X

Hi everyone :wave:, I've been MIA for some time and had to come & catch up.
Lindblum, I hope all is ok with your lil bean, sending lots of positive thoughts your way.
Bean66, stick in there, hopefully you will get your BFP, fingers crossed for you.
Sotiredmama, congratulations!!! Hope you have a H&H 9mths!
LLPM, I hope you O early and the :spermy: hit the bulls eye, lol.
I am in the TWW and tomorrow is test day, I took a test on 12dpo and got :bfn: so not holding my breath, although even though I wish I wouldn't I can't help but wish and be hopeful for a positive test...
Lots of baby :dust: to all you ladies!!!

Good morning (or afternoon/evening)

LLPM - Yeah I prefer not charting, although I am using it a little. Everything crossed that the relaxed approach works for you. What strength B complex are you taking? Hope it helps you LP. My prolactin was checked in with my CD2/3 bloods. I think you can have it tested at any point. Although I've just read it can be higher in LP and it's best to test in the morning as levels fluctuate through out the day.

Emma - Hey. Nice to hear from you. Sorry you had a mc last cycle. I had a chemical last cycle too. Fingers crossed for your sticky bean. Your chart is looking good. Hope you have some good news for us later! FXD!

Hey Daisy - not long till testing! FXD! I'm meant to be waiting until Saturday but don't think I can hold out till then. No tests in at the moment accept for digi. DOn't really want to use the digi as it got my hopes up last time.

Sotiredmama - How are you doing?

Lindblum - FXD!

AFM - Temp a little higher today but no higher than I'd expect for 10DPO. Spotting starts and stops, hardly any is getting on to pantyliner and quite a lot when I wipe. Mixture of dark brown and watery red. Sorry TMI!!! Very similar to what I was getting last cycle before BFP but I've also had it on none BFP cycles. BBs have got sore again, esp at the sides. I'm really hoping this is it but don't want to set myself up for a fall. Arrrggghhh. Going to try and hold out testing until at least friday. I'm temping so this should give me an indication. Although I'm seeing a friend tonight so I might have a glass of wine or 2 which sends my temp sky high. We'll see.

Hi ladies,

This is my first post on here and I am looking for some advice/reassurance really.

Bit of background - I am 32, have a 4 year old who was conceived easily and straightforward. I started to TTC last summer with cycles of 21 - 22 days and an LP of 8 days. Our first month TTC'ing I had a CP, our second month I had an ectopic. I always put this down to having low progesterone. I started researching how to lengthen my LP and found myself on this thread.

In December I started taking 100mg of B6 as well as a Vit B complex. In February I found out I was pg. I had read that you shouldn't just come straight off B6 as it can lead to a miscarriage so I kept taking the B6 and Vit B complex up until 10 weeks when I cut it down to 50mg of B6 plus my prenatal which gives 10mg of B6. At 12 weeks (this saturday gone) I cut it down to 10mg of B6 plus my prenatal. I intend to stop the B6 altogether when I reach 13 weeks.

I havent' had a scan yet, and I have started to freak myself out that I have caused damage to the baby by taking 100mg of Vit B6 plus the 2mg that was in the Vit B complex. Everything I have read in the last few weeks has told me that I should not have taken anything over 100mg and that I should have have done so without my doctors advice. I didn't mention it to my midwife or doctor as I was worried they were going to tell me to stop taking it and I was too scared to in case it caused a m/c.

I guess I am looking for advice from anyone who has taken 100mg of Vit B6 in pregnancy and how they felt about it, anyone who has spoken to their dr or midwife about the use of Vit B6 in pregnancy or those who are taking it now - what are you intending to do after you get your BFP?

I am really starting to panic about all this, I am really freaking out that I have caused real damage, so I would really appreciate any advice.

Thank you for reading my long and rambly post!

Congrats on the pregnancy.

I'm sure you haven't caused any damage. The B vits are water soluble so any extra will be pee'd out.

Have a chat with your midwife but I'm sure everything will be just fine.

When is your scan?

Lindblum, I hope all goes well at your scan and the peanut was just being stubborn last time!

Emmediva, thank you! I didn't get my BFP until 13 dpo (I used a FRER and thought it was possible there was a shadow on it at 12 dpo, but definitely no clear line. I didn't get a BFP with something other than FRER until more like 14 dpo, either). So you're not out yet! Good luck!

Bean, yes! Close to testing! I have my fingers crossed for you this cycle!

Lea, I'm sure it's fine. 100mg is generally considered the limit for pregnancy, and some will rx 150 mg daily. High doses of B6 are used to treat morning sickness, and my midwife told me it's fine.

Daisy -- testing soon! I can't wait! Keep us posted!

LLPM -- it sounds like a lovely month! Hope you have fun! You'll get that baby when it's time.

AFM, I'm fine. I had my hCG drawn at work yesterday by a lab tech juts because I couldn't resist. I'll find out in a couple of hours. Still feel TOTALLY normal. No bloating, gas, MS, fatigue, nothing. I kind of wish I felt SOMETHING. This pregnancy totally doens't seem real because of it.

Congrats on the pregnancy.

I'm sure you haven't caused any damage. The B vits are water soluble so any extra will be pee'd out.

Have a chat with your midwife but I'm sure everything will be just fine.

When is your scan?

My scan is Friday. I am really nervous that something is going to be wrong. I guess a CP and Ectopic will do that for you! I don't see my midwife until I am 15 weeks, so a bit of time yet before I can chat to her.

Lea, I'm sure it's fine. 100mg is generally considered the limit for pregnancy, and some will rx 150 mg daily. High doses of B6 are used to treat morning sickness, and my midwife told me it's fine.

Thanks for the info. Its nice to chat with people who are going through similar things to you.

I should have joined this thread sooner instead of lurking!

thanks Bean. yeah i thought i could anytime in the cycle, but still can't find the darn referral and the GP who gave it to me has gone on maternity leave, and the other dr i saw thinks i'm psycho i think because i went to her after 2 cycles of ttc! lol. i think i'll start temping once i get EWCM, just so i know which day i O on just so i can keep track on LP length. i'm on b-100 complex. i started quite high but thought i'd see how it went and it doesn't seem to have had any bad effects so far!
it's hard not to read into things isn't it?! REALLY hope you get your BFP soon! :)

welcome Lea, congratulations on the pregnancy! i'm sure it wouldn't have done any harm - try not to stress too much. :)

daisy - how many DPO are you now? it feels like ages since you had your IUI!!

thanks sotiredmama! don't worry yourself just yet. i know it's hard not to worry about it, but stressing won't help! Nothing is a good sign - if you aren't bleeding bubba's still in there! try to think positive!

two of my friends announced yesterday they were going to start TTC! they both had 'unplanned' first pregnancies and are now trying for their second! i hate feeling it's a race but i'll be gutted if they get Pg before me! they both know i've been trying for a few months so i feel it's a bit insensitive of them to tell me, but at the same time i'm glad they didn't just announce a pregnancy - they would both tell me the day they got a positive pg test and that would make me feel crap!! oh well, i guess the race is on! haha :)

Lealea - I'm very surprised they sdidn't give you an early scan. My friend got a 6 week scan after her ectopic. I'm sure everything is just fine.

sotiredmama - Loads of ladies don't get symptoms. Bet you'll have a nice high beta. What dpo are you now?

LLMP - I started on b100 too. Have you tried a natural progesterone cream like progest?

After my cycle of B100 and progesterone my LP improved. NOt sure what did it. Haven't used the progesterone since but I had all kinds of symptoms from it and I feel that it was enough to reset my hormone balance. I do think the B complex helped massively too though.

Good luck.

Lealea - I'm very surprised they sdidn't give you an early scan. My friend got a 6 week scan after her ectopic. I'm sure everything is just fine.

They did - I had one at 5w 3d as I had some spotting and they saw two potential egg sacs and heartbeats in my uterus. They wouldn't scan me again though, so I don't know if everything is ok now and how many are actually in there!

Thank you for all your replies ladies. Its a great community you have here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!!

They did - I had one at 5w 3d as I had some spotting and they saw two potential egg sacs and heartbeats in my uterus. They wouldn't scan me again though, so I don't know if everything is ok now and how many are actually in there!

Thank you for all your replies ladies. Its a great community you have here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!!

OMG there could be two!!!! That's so mean they wouldn't scan you again. They let my friend have one every 2 weeks. Are you in the UK?

I am sure everything will just perfect. Keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->