Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

I have the book, what page is it on?

My Ovulation Chart

That dip looks promising!! Fxd!

Hi all! This cycle is DRAGGING! I'm only on CD13, only 11 days til my average O day! I think not charting makes it feel really long. Trying not to think about it and just waiting for some ewcm to show up. Hope everyone is feeling ok! :) x

Feel for you. I hated waiting for O. Seemed like forever! Hope the wait is worth it and you catch that egg. FXD!

Hi Ladies!

I have questions for you all about B6. I read in the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility (have any of you read it?) that in order to increase ewcm and lengthen LP I should take 500mg of B6. Well no stores sold more than 200mg pills, so I just bought those and started taking 2 a day this cycle. I've read plenty about getting too much B6 though and I'm wondering if I should cut back? I'm also wondering if B Complex would be better than B6? Or maybe both together? Can you give me some opinions?

I am at 2dpo and this is our 7th month ttc. I am definitely short on ewcm and have tried numerous tricks this cycle that I'm really hoping did the trick! My LP isn't short but I usually have 2 days of spotting before my period plus a 7-8 day period and typically a 28-29 day cycle. I read that B6 should help fix lessen the spotting and shorten my period, but this is my first month trying using it. Any suggestions would be wonderful!

Welcome! Personally I think 500mg is way too much. I'd even be apprehensive about taking 200mg straight off. I wouldn't worry about the spotting too much. It's very common and from what I've read as long as your Lp is a decent length then it shouldn't matter.

I would definitely take B6 as a complex rather than one it's own, or at least with the correct ratio of B12.

Re: EWCM. I had some success with EPO. But I found I didn't have much EWCM the cycle we conceived. Also plenty of water. I think EWCM hides in the cervix. Sorry TMI but the best time to check was after a BM. Otherwise it was just watery. Some ladies found grapefruit juice (not from concentrate) helps. Good luck! Took us 8 cycles. It will happen.

good morning ladies. sorry wasn't on here at all over the weekend. It was a nice relaxing weekend for us. Tried not to think about ttc. We do our 2nd IUI today. Had accupuncture yesterday my dr came in for me it was nice. Then i went and got my nails done. now that is what I call relaxing! :thumbup:

welcome to all the new ladies.

Bean how are you doing? I love your ticker! :hugs:

good morning ladies. sorry wasn't on here at all over the weekend. It was a nice relaxing weekend for us. Tried not to think about ttc. We do our 2nd IUI today. Had accupuncture yesterday my dr came in for me it was nice. Then i went and got my nails done. now that is what I call relaxing! :thumbup:

welcome to all the new ladies.

Bean how are you doing? I love your ticker! :hugs:

That does sound like a lovely weekend. My nails are shameful. Have to keep them really short for work. Everything crossed for you. Acupuncture is a great idea.

I'm having it weekly until I'm 12 weeks.

I'm good. A little apprehensive still but positive. Booked to see GP in Wednesday for midwife referral. No major symptoms accept sore bbs and a slightly dry mouth. I love my tickers too. Hope you get some soon!!

oh yeah i have a desk job so i am allowed to have nails but not too long because it makes it hard to type! Then i make to many mistakes!:dohh:

Oh yes good idea about acupuncture it is so relaxing or at least that is what I have found it to be.

Are you taking any pills or anything? I believe if we got a positive we would go in right away for a scan and see the dr since we are doing this with assistance right now. but i am not really sure.:shrug: that is great that you get to go in on wed will you get a scan or anything?

well just got the iui done! so now i am going to stay stress free for the next two weeks. i decided not to temp just for my own sanity!:thumbup:

so just went to the bathroom after the iui and there was a little blood which i believe is normal but then there was also ewcm which i really haven't had in a while due to taking the letrazole. so I think this will be a good one or at least hoping this is a good sign!!!:shrug:

oh yeah i have a desk job so i am allowed to have nails but not too long because it makes it hard to type! Then i make to many mistakes!:dohh:

Oh yes good idea about acupuncture it is so relaxing or at least that is what I have found it to be.

Are you taking any pills or anything? I believe if we got a positive we would go in right away for a scan and see the dr since we are doing this with assistance right now. but i am not really sure.:shrug: that is great that you get to go in on wed will you get a scan or anything?

Taking prenatals, baby aspirin, B complex still and natural progesterone.

No scan. The doctor will just refer me to the midwife. Wont get a scan until between 10 and 14 weeks. Seems so far away. I wouldn't have a scan too early it can lead to too much worry if no heart beat yet. If my scan doesn't come through until 14 weeks then we might go private at 10 weeks. We'll see.

well just got the iui done! so now i am going to stay stress free for the next two weeks. i decided not to temp just for my own sanity!:thumbup:

Yay!! Fingers crossed!! Stay chilled!!

so just went to the bathroom after the iui and there was a little blood which i believe is normal but then there was also ewcm which i really haven't had in a while due to taking the letrazole. so I think this will be a good one or at least hoping this is a good sign!!!:shrug:

Great sign!!

awesome bean hopefully the next few weeks go smooth for you. THe progesterone that you are taking is it vaginally or orally?

awesome bean hopefully the next few weeks go smooth for you. THe progesterone that you are taking is it vaginally or orally?

Thanks. I'm just using a natural one as a boost. My progesterone levels were fine when they were tested but I was a little nervous. Decided it couldn't do any harm.

Bean, can you just buy progesterone over the counter? I'm not if I need it but don't want to wait til 7dpo to have my progesterone test to be told its low and miss my chance this cycle if that makes sense?! Can it mess things up if you had high progesterone levels and then take the cream too? I agree with waiting for the scan, with maggie dd2 I had an u/s really early and there was only a yolk sac, it freaked me out a bit!!

I have the book, what page is it on?

I have the 10th Anniversary Edition, so I don't know if pages are different through different editions but this is on PG 177. It is Chapter 12 "Practical Tips Beyond Fertility Awareness" and the section is called "Limited Fertile-Quality Cervical Fluid" - it is the second suggestion she gives.

Sorry for the double message, still getting used to this! THANKS!

Bean, can you just buy progesterone over the counter? I'm not if I need it but don't want to wait til 7dpo to have my progesterone test to be told its low and miss my chance this cycle if that makes sense?! Can it mess things up if you had high progesterone levels and then take the cream too? I agree with waiting for the scan, with maggie dd2 I had an u/s really early and there was only a yolk sac, it freaked me out a bit!!

You can get the natural one from good pharmacies, over the counter or I just bought more from amazon. It's quite £. I use emerita, Progest. Meant to be the best. Make sure whatever you get has a usp value.

Wait till after your blood test. And be warned I got major pregnancy symptoms the first time I used it.

My book is from 2002, it does have that section, on a different page, then says to read an appendix about it. So I get in there but can't see anything about Vit B or B6 complex sorry.
I only take 50mg.

I really wouldn't take more that 200mg, probably no more than 100mg. It can cause neuropathy.

My guess is it's a typo. Either meant to say 50mg or 500ug.

Thanks bean! Yeah think I'll wait til after my progesterone test. Get the results from my prolactin test on Thursday. I still have milk but its not as much as before so maybe my body is getting back to normal, my poor body, that's the downside of having close kids, you barely get over one before ttc the next! I'm starting to think maybe the fact that I'm still lactating (5 months after weaning!!) is preventing pregnancy right now. We'll see, I'm seeing a really nice dr on Thursday, she's lovely and takes you seriously.
Hope everyone's ok, daisy how are you?? You've been quiet the last few days!

Lucy x

If your hormone levels are ok, I don't think lactating should affect fertility. Besides, didn't you JUST start trying? You only have a 20% chance each month even if you have no fertility problems, so try not to worry. :)

I also wouldn't use progesterone unless you know you need it. My MW didn't want me to use anything OTC as she said there was some risk of birth defects, but not with the RX progesterone. I don't know if that's true or not, but I wouldn't start supplementing unless you know you're deficient. In general, I personally try not to take too many extras without knowing I need them, at least.

NZer, the most I took was 50mg -- I wouldn't even feel comfortable going to 100mg, but 100mg is the suggested limit because too much (I think it was 200 mg? I can't remember exactly) can cause neuropathies that can be permanent. Good luck!

Anyone heard from Daisy?

Btw, I'm back from the funeral. It was nice, but sad. Good to see the family.
I'm 6w today and still have NO symptoms. No sore boobs, no urinary frequency, no nausea, etc. Friday I felt nauseated, but it was gone by the evening and never came back. That makes me a little nervous. Hoping everything's fine!

I'm here! Checking in from vacation.

My beta was negative, so I stopped the progesterone and AF arrived in force yesterday. I will be moving on to IVF. I start birth control pills tomorrow, and my expected egg retrieval will be at the end of May or beginning of June.

As for progesterone cream, I don't think it carries highr risk than prescription progesterone (which does carry a small risk of birth defects).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->