Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

It's crazy how teeny tiny they start out! My little girls name is poppy - amazing to think she was once no bigger than a poppy seed! :)

Ugh spotting has started in full force just like before af is due not sure what the next couple if day will bring am only on cd24 stupid body!!!

Yay for apple seeds, it really is such a miracle how babies are created it blows my mind!!!

I got sporting before both my BFPs last cycle I even put my moon cup in as I thought the witch had arrived.

Fingers crossed!

Thanks bean, I still love her name! :)
Its been quiet on here the last couple of days? Busy weekends?

I'm finally on CD21. I O'd CD24 last cycle, so I'm hopeful that I'll O early again. I've had watery CM today so fx'd! This really has been the slowest cycle ever but it's been nice and relaxing just being at home not being paranoid about temps etc! My prolactin results came back low again so the GP wants me to go for a breat ultrasound to check its all clear. She thinks my body's just being sluggish at getting rid of the milk from feeding DD2. She also said I might have had a CP and not known about it, and that could have triggered hormones - I'm not worried about it!

happy monday ladies. or at least it is a better day than sat for me.:dohh:

so i was going to go eat with a friend and drive my husbands car so i started to back out of the garage and didn't realize the garbage can was so close to the car. my side mirror cought the garbage can bent the mirror back and bent the garage door railing and broke the spring on the other side. my hd freaked out on me. i cried pretty much all day sat. after getting the dorr almost closed hd went and had about 10 beers and then was ok and apologized for freaking out and said it isn't good to stress. so that was my fun filled weekend!:dohh::dohh:

Oh Joey's So about your nightmare. So easily done. Stay chilled!

LLMP - That's great about your prolactin. I'm sure your BFP isn't far away. Hope you O soon.

AFM- All good. No nausea yet, slightly queazy if I get really hunger. Tested with digi again, last time and it's now 3+! Yay! Midwife next thursday, 10th and scan booked for the 11th June, although I'm going to try and change it to 13th June so DH can make it easier and I don't have to take time off work.

Hope the rest of you are doing ok.

Oh Joey's So about your nightmare. So easily done. Stay chilled!

LLMP - That's great about your prolactin. I'm sure your BFP isn't far away. Hope you O soon.

AFM- All good. No nausea yet, slightly queazy if I get really hunger. Tested with digi again, last time and it's now 3+! Yay! Midwife next thursday, 10th and scan booked for the 11th June, although I'm going to try and change it to 13th June so DH can make it easier and I don't have to take time off work.

Hope the rest of you are doing ok.

thanks yes he was at home with the garage door people and it ended up only costing $280 and it is already done. so that is a great relief!!!:dohh:

oh how exciting about your appointment. can't wait to hear more! glad you don't really have nausea yet.

Hi

I have been TTC since Jan 2011 about 6 months was just stabbing in the dark (not the best analogy), the I did the pee test and worked out when I ovulate. then last month I started charting on fertility friend. I know I have a short LP, it was 9-10 days. I have been taking 10mg of B6 a day and my LP has lengthened to 11 days this cycle. Does any one have any success stories with B6.

I am getting desperate now. I have been referred to a the fertility doc, I am having tests now and I have my next app in June. I have had my blood done before with a a different doc and they said it is normal..

Hi Ann. I took B100 complex and vitex. I was trying for 6 months and like you my LP was 9-10days. After a few months of the above my LP lengthened. In the next 4 cycles I have 2 chemical pregnancies, a BFP and what I hope is my sticky bean.

I definitely think b100 and vitex gave my hormones the support they needed.

Where you in BCP prior to TTC?

Hi annbolina, its so different for everyone, this is my 2nd cycle of b-100 and all it's done so far is bring ovulation forwards. My LP was 9days before b100 then 8days last cycle but my whole cycle was much shorter in general. 2nd month on it and it appears I'll O earlier again! :) fx'd for you! Hope you enjoy being part of this forum, it's so nice to chat with peoria who understand and dont judge!

You might want to consider taking a vitamin complex as opposed to just the b6. I think they work better when combined with a b-12 vit too!

Morning ladies
Quick update from me af got me this morning argh random short cycle at 26 days with about a 13 day lp, as long as the lp's r staying like this is suppose I don't mind a shorter cycle, bit random though!although meant I only had 3days of spotting instead of 6. Think I might take a break from the vitex and see if the b complex alone keeps me o'ing earlier and with a longer lp, and now my dates are different I will probably have af on holiday great!
Onto cycle 9 ha to think if u asked me this time last year I would be expecting to be heavily pregnant by now, how arrogant I was to think that!
....and yet one of my best friends it has happened exactly like that for her pregnant on her first month trying and sailing through her pregnancy she is 6 months already seems to have gone do quick and yet at the same time has just been the longest 6 month of anguish at the same time for me, I am happy of course for her I would be a bad friend if I wasn't and everyone deserves their bundle, just hope so much we will be able to have one too

Hope everyone has a good day xxxx

Thank you ladies. LLPM I am taking a vit B complex as well so hopefully that will balance it out. So you are seeing changes but shortening your LP? Maybe stick it out for another month and see what happens. Were you advised by your doc or did you do you do your own research in B6? I did my own research told my doc and she said it would n't do any harm.

Bean66 that is a very promising story, I will google vitex, not sure what that is (just looked, I might get some!). I was not on BCP but I have a condition called Raynauds which can cause high homocysteine levels which can in turn effect hormone levels. B6 is known to help bring levels of homocysteine down.

God knows, I am at the point where I will give anything a go!:wacko:

That's interesting Ann, my sister has reynauds too, she has major hormonal issues, has periods every other week the nothing for 3 months - she's all over the place! I might suggest b6! She isnt ttc but is desperate to be "normal".
My GP was most unhelpful. She didn't think short LP was an issue so I did my own research instead. I'm definitely seeing changes. I used to O sometime after CD31 but it's averaging CD24 now and my PMS is heaps better. Not sure if you've read back on this thread but I've been TTC since nov and have 2 little girls. Hope you see some improvement in your cycles soon and a BFP too! :)

Morning ladies
Quick update from me af got me this morning argh random short cycle at 26 days with about a 13 day lp, as long as the lp's r staying like this is suppose I don't mind a shorter cycle, bit random though!although meant I only had 3days of spotting instead of 6. Think I might take a break from the vitex and see if the b complex alone keeps me o'ing earlier and with a longer lp, and now my dates are different I will probably have af on holiday great!
Onto cycle 9 ha to think if u asked me this time last year I would be expecting to be heavily pregnant by now, how arrogant I was to think that!
....and yet one of my best friends it has happened exactly like that for her pregnant on her first month trying and sailing through her pregnancy she is 6 months already seems to have gone do quick and yet at the same time has just been the longest 6 month of anguish at the same time for me, I am happy of course for her I would be a bad friend if I wasn't and everyone deserves their bundle, just hope so much we will be able to have one too

Hope everyone has a good day xxxx

It was 9 mths lucky for me, although it was cycle 8. Look at it this way at least you can borrow all your mates stuff!!

Thank you ladies. LLPM I am taking a vit B complex as well so hopefully that will balance it out. So you are seeing changes but shortening your LP? Maybe stick it out for another month and see what happens. Were you advised by your doc or did you do you do your own research in B6? I did my own research told my doc and she said it would n't do any harm.

Bean66 that is a very promising story, I will google vitex, not sure what that is (just looked, I might get some!). I was not on BCP but I have a condition called Raynauds which can cause high homocysteine levels which can in turn effect hormone levels. B6 is known to help bring levels of homocysteine down.

God knows, I am at the point where I will give anything a go!:wacko:

That's really interesting. I have raynauds. I was hoping pregnancy would help. I know I lady who's raynauds improved for the 9mths she was pregnant. No change for me yet though. Maybe that is why B complex helped me so much.

That's interesting Ann, my sister has reynauds too, she has major hormonal issues, has periods every other week the nothing for 3 months - she's all over the place! I might suggest b6! She isnt ttc but is desperate to be "normal".
My GP was most unhelpful. She didn't think short LP was an issue so I did my own research instead. I'm definitely seeing changes. I used to O sometime after CD31 but it's averaging CD24 now and my PMS is heaps better. Not sure if you've read back on this thread but I've been TTC since nov and have 2 little girls. Hope you see some improvement in your cycles soon and a BFP too! :)

GP's know so little. My GP didn't even know what a chemical pregnancy was or what the different stages of the cycle were called. I think some ladies conceive with a short LP but I think you have more chances if your LP is a little longer.

i can never figure out that during the tww how much the progesterone makes my face all red and burning up. it is crazy but then my fingers are cold!:shrug:

An 11 day LP really should be ok. I have 2 friends with 10 day LPs who had no problem getting pregnant. Hopefully the same will be true for you!

AFM, first MW appt today. She did a ton of bloodwork and a pelvic exam. Apparently my uterus is REALLY retroverted (I knew it was retroverted, but not that it was severe). It sould be fine, just mean we can't hear the HB for a long time. I have a U/S tomorrow, and we're praying for a good heart beat!

How is everyone else doing?

I have never met another proper Raynauds person. They say it is really common, but I have never seen anyone with the full out white fingers. I teach and the children all say 'eeeerrrrrr miiiiiissss, what is wrong with your hands!?' Thank you children!!

I am on my 16th go now! Beginning to doubt it will ever happen. Worse thing about it is my husband wants it sooooo bad. I feel I could cope if it was just me I was letting down, but him as well, that really upsets me! He is a real children person, kids are drawn to him and he has all the time in the world for them.

Any ways maybe the LP isn't the issue sotiredmama. When I went for my blood tests this morning they took 9 vials! I nearly passed out!! SO they must be looking for something! Hopefully nothing bad! I have to wait till June to find out!

Hopefully the bloodwork will help! A 9-10 day LP can be an obstacle, although a 10-11 can be OK (I'd had a 10-11 day LP when I conceived this time). The good news, LPD is very treatable if that's your problem!

ETA: Why do you have to wait until June?! The results of blodo tests should be back in a day or two. Or is it that they need to take blood later in your cycle?

i can never figure out that during the tww how much the progesterone makes my face all red and burning up. it is crazy but then my fingers are cold!:shrug:

It's cause all the blood is in your face.

An 11 day LP really should be ok. I have 2 friends with 10 day LPs who had no problem getting pregnant. Hopefully the same will be true for you!

AFM, first MW appt today. She did a ton of bloodwork and a pelvic exam. Apparently my uterus is REALLY retroverted (I knew it was retroverted, but not that it was severe). It sould be fine, just mean we can't hear the HB for a long time. I have a U/S tomorrow, and we're praying for a good heart beat!

How is everyone else doing?

Glad the MW went well. Not sure what the implications of a retroverted uterus are. You are going to hear a lovely strong HB tomorrow! Try and get a pic! I can't wait for mine. We are considering getting a private one because I can't wait another 6 weeks but it's £100. I could buy some nice baby things with that. I just don't know. We need to save a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->