Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Symptoms in my TWW? No not really only spotting 7dpo to 9dpo which stopped. Bbs were tender/bruised feeling on the sides. That's it.

:dust:

Fx'd for you joeys!

It looks like I O'd yesterday on CD25 :) my temp went up to 97.90 this morning which I know isn't super high but I think it's enough to show O. My CM dried up today too, so it's looking promising! Feeling better this cycle since not charting, I only started temping once ewcm showed up - I need to go for a progesterone test 7dpo so need to to know when O was.

LLPM thanks. congrats on O'ing.!:hugs:

Bean oh that sounds good. i hear a lot of women say they spotted before they found out they were pregnant is that common thing for getting a bfp? :shrug: only a few more days i can hold out from :test:

good morning ladies! i have a question for you guys. When i am inserting my progesterone suppliment vaginally is it normal that my vaginal walls are so swollen that it is hard to push the suppliment up and i am not sure how far it is going because it is hard to push it up there:blush::blush:

good morning ladies! i have a question for you guys. When i am inserting my progesterone suppliment vaginally is it normal that my vaginal walls are so swollen that it is hard to push the suppliment up and i am not sure how far it is going because it is hard to push it up there:blush::blush:

I've no idea sorry.

LLMP - FIngers crossed!

my stomach feels so weird the last few days. don't really have any cramps just feels like my stomach is hungry or upset because it keeps moving around in there but no sounds and then just gassy:blush:

Sorry I've been MIA, ladies! This is what happens with work ... I disappear for a few days, then have to catch up on everything!

As far as TWW symptoms go ... I had cramping at 9 dpo, then IB at 10 dpo (if I remember those days correctly), and then BFP 12 dpo. Otherwise, NOTHING. My boobs still feel normal at 7 weeks!

joeys, I don't think it matters how far up you get the progesterone, as long as it's in, the mucous membrane will absorb it. However, the swollen vaginal walls ... I have no idea. I'd definitely ask your OB!

LLPM, good luck!

AFM, I had a MW appt on Tues and a u/s on Wed. The baby was measuring 6w4d (2 days behind what it should be), so maybe I have my O date off? Hopefully it's not indicating a problem! The HB was 120, which is a little slow, but I think is OK for 6-7 weeks. I have a small subchorionic hemorrhage; I actually haven't had any external bleeding, but I am now on no-sex, no lifting, no exercise precautions and I go back in 2 weeks to have a reevaluation. Hopefully it will have cleared up by then!

sotiredmama, i was temping and doing 2 opks a day so im pretty sure of my ovulation date and at my scan i got put two days forward. i think it might depend on the implantation date rather than ov x

good luck joey x

hope you are well bean :)

lindblum, that's good to hear. I wonder if implant date does matter, that's an interesting idea. I thought it didn't since the embryo was still developing before implantation, but maybe it's at a different rate?

I'm thinking everything is OK, but I know I"ll feel better after going for my next u/s. If everything's good at 8w4d, I'll feel pretty good about the pregnancy.

You have a LEMON,btw! That's awesome!

lindblum, that's good to hear. I wonder if implant date does matter, that's an interesting idea. I thought it didn't since the embryo was still developing before implantation, but maybe it's at a different rate?

I'm thinking everything is OK, but I know I"ll feel better after going for my next u/s. If everything's good at 8w4d, I'll feel pretty good about the pregnancy.

You have a LEMON,btw! That's awesome!

lindblum & sotiredmama that is awesome about both of you having a :baby: that is interesting to know that you might not be pregnant at ovulation but at implantation. how are you both feeling?:hugs:

Yay another temp increase today, upto 98.34! :) hasn't put O on there yet, so not sure which day I O'd, still can't work out FF! What do you ladies reckon? See my chart below. I thought cd25 but then it would show now so maybe cd26? We've bd'd almost everyday this week 6/7 so hopefully we caught the little egg this time. Am having a girly weekend next week so really hoping I'm pg or my LP lengthens otherwise AF will show up on Saturday! Not going to test till the 19th I think. It worked well having a test date in mind last cycle. :)

I don't know if FF will give you an O day with that chart. You need 3 temps higher than the previous 3 to show O. Since you only have a couple of lower temps, I don't know if it will find O. I'd say the 97.9 temps are PROBABLY post-O, especially since you had no CM then, but without a couple more pre-O temps, it's difficult to determine the coverline. The good thing is that you've been BD'ing, so if you're preggo, you're preggo, regardless of when you O'd!

I have a feeling af will be coming in a few days or when I stop taking the progesterone. Supplement. My temp didn't. Feel warm and feeling a little cramping. But never took my temp. :cry:

Hi ladies, hoping for some advice if thats ok? Little bit of info about me first - just over 3 years ago my partner and I decided to try for a baby. I'd been on the depo provera injection for almost 12 years so didn't expect to fall instantly. However 6 weeks later I was pregnant! I've had problems in the past with the oral contraceptive which I why I've been on the depo for so long and after our son was born I went straight back onto it - the plan was to stay on it a year and then start trying for number 2. Stupid I know but I honestly thought because I fell pregnant so easily last time the same would happen this time (getting it again was the biggest mistake of my life). Anyway my last injection was January 2011. By the July I realised this time was obviously very different as my periods hadn't even returned so I started taking Agnus Castus and using OPKs just in case they picked something up. In November I finally got my first smiley face showing I was ovulating and I pretty much have been every 28 days since then. After a couple of cycles I began to suspect a problem as 2-7 days after ovulation I began spotting. After reading advice on this website in January 2012 I went out and bought some B6 100mg which I take daily along with B complex 50mg (I've only recently stopped the Agnus castus). So far though its making no difference at all and I'm still spotting after a few days with full blown AF from about 8-10 days. My questions are;

1. After starting Vitamin B how long did it take before you noticed a difference with your cycle?
2. Is spotting part of luteal phase defect or fairly normal. I'm assuming my problem is a LPD but maybe it isn't? I've been charting my temps every day since February and that doesn't count spotting as the start of a new cycle. Very confused, would you class CD 1 as full blown AF?

Big apologies if this has been asked a million times before, just at the end of another failed cycle so feeling pretty low and desperate for answers. I visited my GP in March who basically wasn't interested and said to give depo a year and a half to get out of my system before she would consider taking bloods. She also didn't think it would be worthwhile to refer to a fertility expert until its been 2 years!!!! Arrghhh, another year to go. Anyway trying to stay positive and reading your stories has given me some hope over the last few months. Thanks to anyone who reads this, it can be a lonely world out there if you're trying for a baby, most of my friends are pregnant and daren't say a word to me because they know I'm trying and my family think I have some defect gene because everyone else in it falls pregnant instantly (like my first time). Not giving up though, fingers crossed for all of us it will happen soon x

Hi August, contraception can really mess things up I know! I don't think I'll use any medicated contraception again! Sorry it's been tough these last few months, I'm
Not really sure how the depo works so can't give info on that. On the positive side at least you know it's likely because of the jabs instead of a long term fertility problem! I'm the same, I know I'm not pregnant yet because of hormones after breast feeding! It's still hard though but it really is a patience game! Its really opened my eyes on here, first 2 we conceived very quickly but here we are 5th cycle in this time!

Thanks sotiredmama, yeah I thought that might be the problem, I just entered two lower temps 97.20 for the 2 days before I started temping again, it put my O at CD24 making me 4dpo! :)

well i tested this morning and it was a big fat bfn! :cry: i had the worst headache yesterday and was so hot i looked like i was sunburnt. slept like crap last night and still have a headache and am really hot but all this resulted in a bfn!:cry::cry:

Sorry to be MIA.

Joeys - so sorry about the bfn. Hope your BFP is just being shy.

I'll be back tomorrow to catch up and reply to everyone.

Hi ladies, its so quiet on here! Where's everyone gone? How are you bean? How are you feeling? Sotiredmama?
Joeys I'm sorry - sucks! How many dpo are you? Could it just be too early?

So FF put my O date on CD26 (unless i put in 1 lower temp the day before i started temping, then its CD24!!) so I'm now 3dpo or 5dpo! Which would you take? which means if I'm not pg AF should show up friday/saturday or Sunday/Monday if the vits haven't worked yet! Wow there's a lot of ifs in that sentence lol! I've been really crampy the last 2 days which is strange- too early for AF and most likely too early for implantation unless I am 5dpo! Dammit wish I'd started temping a few days ealier like sotiredmama said! Blah. Any advice? Hope that all makes sense.

Hi ladies, hoping for some advice if thats ok? Little bit of info about me first - just over 3 years ago my partner and I decided to try for a baby. I'd been on the depo provera injection for almost 12 years so didn't expect to fall instantly. However 6 weeks later I was pregnant! I've had problems in the past with the oral contraceptive which I why I've been on the depo for so long and after our son was born I went straight back onto it - the plan was to stay on it a year and then start trying for number 2. Stupid I know but I honestly thought because I fell pregnant so easily last time the same would happen this time (getting it again was the biggest mistake of my life). Anyway my last injection was January 2011. By the July I realised this time was obviously very different as my periods hadn't even returned so I started taking Agnus Castus and using OPKs just in case they picked something up. In November I finally got my first smiley face showing I was ovulating and I pretty much have been every 28 days since then. After a couple of cycles I began to suspect a problem as 2-7 days after ovulation I began spotting. After reading advice on this website in January 2012 I went out and bought some B6 100mg which I take daily along with B complex 50mg (I've only recently stopped the Agnus castus). So far though its making no difference at all and I'm still spotting after a few days with full blown AF from about 8-10 days. My questions are;

1. After starting Vitamin B how long did it take before you noticed a difference with your cycle?
2. Is spotting part of luteal phase defect or fairly normal. I'm assuming my problem is a LPD but maybe it isn't? I've been charting my temps every day since February and that doesn't count spotting as the start of a new cycle. Very confused, would you class CD 1 as full blown AF?

Big apologies if this has been asked a million times before, just at the end of another failed cycle so feeling pretty low and desperate for answers. I visited my GP in March who basically wasn't interested and said to give depo a year and a half to get out of my system before she would consider taking bloods. She also didn't think it would be worthwhile to refer to a fertility expert until its been 2 years!!!! Arrghhh, another year to go. Anyway trying to stay positive and reading your stories has given me some hope over the last few months. Thanks to anyone who reads this, it can be a lonely world out there if you're trying for a baby, most of my friends are pregnant and daren't say a word to me because they know I'm trying and my family think I have some defect gene because everyone else in it falls pregnant instantly (like my first time). Not giving up though, fingers crossed for all of us it will happen soon x

Welcome August! Sorry the depo messed you up. Hormonal birth control sucks! CD1 is always first day of proper flow. If flow starts in the evening most count the next day as CD1. Spotting is often not a problem depending on how heavy it is and just how many days after O is starts. Usually you should give anything at least 3 months to see a difference. Do you do any exercise at all? I have noticed a few times (not on this trend) that often beginning light regular exercise can help balance the hormones. I would consider starting a straight b100 complex when you other run out and see if this has an affect. Can you link you chart so we can see it.

Also have you thought about trying natural progesterone? I do think we all try and fix too much in a desperation to be pregnant when actually time is all that is needed. However, I started B100, vitex (AC) and natural progesterone all in one cycle and from that cycle I saw a change. I didn't use the progesterone after that but something definitely shifted. With the cycle I used the progesterone I had loads of PMS/pregnancy symptoms. After doing some reading I found out that this was because of an up regulation of my oestrogen receptor which had become redundant. I do wonder whether this is what kick started my system again.

I used Emerita Progest. You use it from after confirmed O. If you get your BFP you have to continue it until at least week 12.

Hi ladies, its so quiet on here! Where's everyone gone? How are you bean? How are you feeling? Sotiredmama?
Joeys I'm sorry - sucks! How many dpo are you? Could it just be too early?

So FF put my O date on CD26 (unless i put in 1 lower temp the day before i started temping, then its CD24!!) so I'm now 3dpo or 5dpo! Which would you take? which means if I'm not pg AF should show up friday/saturday or Sunday/Monday if the vits haven't worked yet! Wow there's a lot of ifs in that sentence lol! I've been really crampy the last 2 days which is strange- too early for AF and most likely too early for implantation unless I am 5dpo! Dammit wish I'd started temping a few days ealier like sotiredmama said! Blah. Any advice? Hope that all makes sense.

Hey LLMP, sorry DH gets shirty if I spend much time on here at weekends. I'd presume you are 3dpo then you don't get confusion at testing time. Yay to an early O again. Remember that 5 cycles really isn't very long, intact it's perfectly normal. I know that doesn't help but it really is true. You will get your BFP soon.

Joeys - I hope it is too early too. Some ladies don't get their BFP until after AF is due.

Sotiredmama - How are you doing? Still no symptoms? I think you'l be one of the lucky ones. Though spoke to a close friend this morning and she didn't start with MS until nearly 8 weeks. When do you have a scan?

Daisy - How are you hun? Will pop by your journal and say hi.

AFM - I'm good. Queasiness has started but only if I don't eat. It's kind of an none specific queasiness, like I'm really hungry although I might have just eaten. Other than that no worries. Calmer that I was but I know I won't be completely calm until I have a scan. See the midwife on thursday which will make it all feel more real.

so true Bean! i know 5 months isn't that long, and to be honest we've got to the point where we don't mind so much when it happens but know we'd like to add another little one to our family at some point!
i thought that would be best to assume 3dpo too, but then i looked at my other charts and i'm thinking i should lean towards 5dpo. On all my other charts i've O'd while i still have EWCM, so if i'm only 3dpo then i would have had 2 full dry days before O which is possible, but not normal for me! does that make sense?! So using my other charts as a reference it seems more likely that i did O on CD24 and am now 5dpo. But for the sake of FF error, i'm going to say 4dpo, and won't test until the 17th May! Also going for my progesterone test this Friday which will make me either 6 or 8dpo. the Dr wanted 7dpo but i figure that's near enough!
glad you're feeling OK Bean, i didn't have any sickness with Poppy, but with maggie i was queasy if i didn't eat regularly too! but that was it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->