Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

I think I'll go for my progesterone test today, I'm fairly sure I'm 7dpo - my
Chart looks much better this cycle, my temps are more stable and rising slowly. :)

Bummer, I'm all crampy today! Suspecting AF will show up tomorrow! :( 3rd cycle on b-vits and they don't seem to doing much for my LP! We'll see, hopefully I'm wrong!

I hope you're wrong and it's implantation cramping.

If not hope the progesterone gives you answers.

Sotiredmama - hi! Glad you feel crappy haha! Sorry! I don't really but it's good to get reasurance. What kind of cereal are you eating? I love cereal. Made a homemade granola recently. Can't stop eating it. Hope the SCH has resolved.

sotiremama, good to hear things are going well! Cereal is awesome - i seriously would live on it if i could!! Hope the hemorrhage has cleared up! :)

thanks Bean, actually felt better this afternoon but we'll see, my temp is still up at 98.48 tonight so am hoping it stays up! not overly hopeful, but glad i got the blodd test done! will be good to see what the results are!

well just got done with my day 3(or in my case day 2) ultra sound because she is gone tomorrow. SHe put me on letrazole again but instead of 3-7 it is 3-12 so hopefully this will help!!!:thumbup:

:( temp dropped to 98.04 this morning so expecting AF tomorrow. Glad I went for progesterone test yesterday!

Hey girls. I was wondering if I could join. I am Snowflakes - 32 yrs old - hubby is 30 yrs old and we have been married for 5 years. We started TTC in June of 2011 so next month will be our 1 year - I had a loss in November due to blighted ovum which I am sure was caused from my Low Progesterone. I was just diagnosed with Low Progesterone/Luteal Phase Defect in February. I am currently taking 100mg of Clomid and 200mg Prometrium in hope of raising my levels. Last month with 50mg Clomid and 200mg of Prometrium my levels were still too low. I did take B6 for a few months and it did give me an extra day in my LP but I stopped taking it once I got the RX meds but I am starting it up again so I thought I'd join y'all. Sorry for the long intro!! Can't wait to go on this journey with y'all.

hi snowflake! welcome!

i think i am going to just not temp at all this cycle it was nice during the tww not temping and since i will be medicated again and with a trigger I am pretty sure it will be during that time i ovulate again. i also think i iwll just take my prenatal pill instead of the b100 complex and b12 pills.

Good luck joeys, hope it's your turn soon! I found it heaps less stressful not temping!

Afm, temp dropped to 97.60 this morning :( the vits don't seem to be doing anything for my LP, so really thinking my progesterone could be low. I should find out on Monday hopefully. Now just got to wait for the witch to show up!

Hi ladies! Well AF showed up yesterday :( feeling surprisingly OK about it though! I'm sad but not devastated. Going to get the results from my progesterone blood test today.
We had mothers day here yesterday & the US (?) too! We had a lovely day but after being on here I realize it must be so difficult for those that are struggling with fertility, so I hope yesterday wasn't a hard day and that you all had a great time! :)

Hope you're all OK! Lucy xx

Well, my progesterone came back normal but dr thinks I might have had it on the wrong day. He's sending me for another one this cycle on CD28, which if this cycle is the same as the last few will be 3/4dpo. He also wants me to have a breast ultrasound even though the milk has dried up he wants to check nothing else is going on. He said its very very unlikely to be cancer given my age and history, but it can't be ruled out, so in the meantime to avoid pregnancy in case it's something that needs treatment (which would be much more difficult during pregnancy!) so I'm going for the u/s on Wednesday and will get the results the same day, so if it's all clear we won't be "avoiding" pregnancy this cycle either. I only have 2 b-complex pills left, kind of tossing up whether to stop them or not. They don't seem to be helping much anyway so can't help but feel they're a waste of money - maybe I should just let my body do its thing on its own!! Any advice? It's all so confusing! I'll be temping again this cycle so I know for sure my O date. (dr suggested I might not even be ovulating, which I highly doubt given the fact I get very reliable cm and a clear thermal shift)

You must be ovulating if your progesterone was normal. A short LP isn't always caused by low progesterone. Or it could be that your corpus luteum is failing.

Without sounding harsh I think you're doctor is stabbing in the dark. Having said that always good to rule everything out.

If b complex hasnt helped at all in 3 months I'd maybe stop if you've run out.

I think clomid might be the answer. Strengthen O and therefore the corpus luteum.

Sorry you're not finding any answers.

How's everyone else?

This is interesting.

https://www.inciid.org/printpage.php?cat=infertility101&id=7

Have you had your FSH checked. Maybe consider something to improve egg quality/follicular development?

this feed is pretty quiet. I am doing ok. besides everyone telling me to relax and we will get pregnant. I don't think the people that supposedly relaxed were able to get pregnant I think it just was their time. :cry:

Thanks bean, that sounds more likely than what my GP is suggesting! I think I has the fsh tested when I had my first prolactin bloods done! She did a general test for all other involved Hormones related to pregnancy - this was the great GP who is now on maternity leave til nov!!
Would clomid help with that too? The GP pulled the whole "you already have 2 kids and you're only 23" card on me! It frustrates me like crazy! My desire for a 3rd child is as strong if not stronger than for #1!! And my family history isnt good, my mum and grandma both developed severe endometriosis in their late 20's and had complete hysterectomies by 35! I want to make sure I have finished having kids by then. He was like "you have at least 10years til we'll start worrying" DH and I decided to have kids early because of this, I knew I wanted kids so for me it was silly to ignore family history and wait til I was 30. I know there's fertility treatments out there but to me it made sense to at least try and avoid them and have kids when I'm in my prime!
Ill do what he's asked as he seems like he wants to get to the bottom of it. I'll stop taking the vits as I only have 2 left and don't feel like theyre doing a whole lot, apart from bringing ovulation forward, but not sure that's such a good thing anyway?! How are you feeling - how many weeks are you?

Oh joeys, it is frustrating isn't it?! Hope it happens for you soon!

LLPM yeah it really does suck. but trying to keep positive thoughts and thinking it could be lots worse like my friend with the two tumors size of softballs in her liver. :cry:

Sorry about yor friend Joeys. That sucks.

How are you doing?

Lucy - clomid strengthens O and therefore produces a better quality corpus luteum.

I'm good. No major symptoms which is a little worrying.

Sotiredmama - how are you?

Sorry about yor friend Joeys. That sucks.

How are you doing?

Lucy - clomid strengthens O and therefore produces a better quality corpus luteum.

I'm good. No major symptoms which is a little worrying.

Sotiredmama - how are you?

bean thanks! she is doing ok with the news today but she goes in for more tests this week so hoping she can stay strong plus her 3 kids are staying strong and positive for her!

I am doing ok besides i just busted out :cry: when i was instant messaging my sister. not sure why i feel so emotional i am on cd 7 and go in for mid cycle u/s on friday and am still on letrozole and will be till sunday.

Well ladies, I'm back, hopefully for real now! I had a great weekend with DH (with virtually no computers, because that really comes between us and our time together) and was working ,but I'm home now.

Last night I had strong, regular cramps/contractions every 1-2 mins for a few hours. Made me nervous, but I decided there was probably nothing I could do, so I went to bed. I'm still having some cramps, but it's better. No bleeding, thankfully. I'd just gotten a really light foot rub; I've always been a little nervous about those in pregnancy because of the potential to hit pressure points, but with my daughter I was massaging the heck out of those points and still didn't go into labor, so I figured it would be fine to have a light rub avoiding those. Well, almost immediately I started having these cramps. You'd better believe that's the last foot rub I'll have until the third trimester. :) I'm trying to see if I could get my ultrasound today instead of tomorrow, when it's scheduled for, just to see if everything's OK. Otherwise, I'm feeling okay today, but crappy a lot, which is good in its own way. :)

I'll be back in a moment to post responses to everyone else!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->