• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Bubbles - Whaaat? That doesn't seem fair at all that you have to wait until 18 months. I thought it was 12 too. I wonder if another GP would be more willing to refer you, or whether it is a matter of postcode lottery as Kiara has said.

Hope you O soon Kiara, doesn't sound like it's far off.

YomYoms - that's good that your LP has been a bit longer this time, maybe a sign that your body is starting to sort itself out after the pill. I'd say you are fine to start taking the B vits now anyway, I don't think it will affect your LP for this cycle at this stage, and will mean there is already some in your system when you get to CD1.

B vits do their most important work during the follicular (first half) of your cycle, as they work to reduce estrogen levels, which in turn swings the hormone balance so you produce more progesterone in your luteal phase. Be prepared that you may or may not get some funny symptoms in the first weeks of taking B vits - I had achey boobs and needed to pee a lot. I wasn't sure if I was taking too much vit B, but actually I think it was just my estrogen receptors finally waking up and starting to do their job properly!

Kiara - I hope u get ur O soon x

YomYoms - I agree with Khloeee it does look like ur cycle might be trying to sort itself out...hopefully the vitB will help with the spotting x

Khloeee - I think it is a case of post code lottery :( I'm really disappointed. The GP has been great so don't think another GP would do any different...she's done my bloods early and referred me for a scan but she can't do anything else. She said if she refers me now they'll say it's too early...she told me to go bk in 5 months which will be 2 month early anyway x

AF turned up this morning n I'm happy to be in new cycle...I think I'm going to try the vitB again n hopefully it will work this month! I'm considering trying Soy/vitex as its supposed to improve egg quality n give a stronger O (apparantly it's similar to chlomid) am scared of messing my cycles up tho. Wat do u guys think? x

I didn't look much into soy, as I heard it can increase estrogen, which is what I was trying to lower. Same with evening primrose oil.

I was taking vitex (a half dose, 800mg). It didn't make me O earlier or later, so not much damage to my cycle, but different people seem to get different results with it. It could be worth a try.

Royal jelly is meant to be very good for creating healthier eggs - I was taking this last cycle too, although it takes 3 months to improve egg quality so I don't credit this with getting me pregnant last cycle. I would also recommend cod liver oil and vit z with zinc, both meant to be good for fertility.

Khloeee - wat is royal jelly n how much do u take? I'm slightly worried about taking too many vit/supplements at once...don't know wat to do :/ x

Thanks khloeee. Definitely CD1 today so just taken first one. Tasted a bit like dog food! :laugh2: Thanks for the warning of funny symptoms. Hopefully won't have too many at 50mg but I remember mention of yellow wee from earlier in the thread!

Bubbles, here's to a new cycle and renewed hope. Sorry I don't know much about the vitex/soy. I'm trying B vits first as these seem the less risky. I'm planning to only introduce one or two things at one time, and try everything for two cycles... but then I'm only on month 3 so have plenty of time to play around before a GP would step in anyway. Fx for you.

Just about to have first mug of raspberry leaf tea. It's supposed to help uterus lining and strength. Wondering if all my spotting is a result of a 'sluggish uterus' so worth a try.:shrug:

Still waiting for ov :coffee:

I'm wondering if the addition of EPO hindered it. Will be brassed off if it has.

I spoke too soon I guess when I was thinking my cycle would be shorter due to the highs on the monitor. Eurggh!

Hi All - sorry for gatecrashing but I am trying to get my head round VitB's and you all seem to know what your on about without being too technical and i have loved reading all your posts and getting to know all your situation - wishing you all lots of luck in the world of TTC!!!! So was looking for some advice if thats ok? my cycle length is 27 days and I usually ovulate between 16 - 18 so I am guessing that my LP is too short? I have just started taking 50 of B12 and 50 of B6 - will these make me O earlier or lengthen my LP or both????? Thanks in Advance xx

hi Momo - i have found that i do not Ov earlier (in fact today is cd19 and just got my pos opk) but i do have a slightly longer LP (1-2 days) and significant decrease in spotting before AF. i am taking complex100. hope that helps!

Khloeee - wat is royal jelly n how much do u take? I'm slightly worried about taking too many vit/supplements at once...don't know wat to do :/ x

Bubbles, I'm not actually sure of the ins and outs of how royal jelly works (except for supposedly increasing egg quality). Just heard it's meant to be one of those wonder fertility suppliments. I was taking one a day of these ones: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000QS7HLG/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00

Ah thanks so much for your response - I dont actually get spotting so do you still think it is worth me taking the B vits??? Sorry but I will be bombarding loads of q's as am new to this - I have a son who is 3 with no trouble TTC at all but this time is 8 months already with nothing. Will the vits help me even if I dont have spotting??? its all so confusing!!!!! xx:wacko:

MOMO - I don't get spotting but still had a short LP (8 days), and I really think B vits helped me on the first cycle of taking them - I've been pregnant three times in the past 6 months and this is the only one that hasn't ended in early MC/chemical pregnancy. I'm not out of the woods yet, but this is as far along as I've got in all that time.

It doesn't sound like you have a mega short LP so 50mg should be perfect and will hopefully help give you those extra few days taking you to a 'normal' 14 day LP. It's hard to tell how or if it will affect your OV, everyone reports different things. Most likely your OV will stay the same, or maybe be delayed by a few days, and your LP will hopefully increase, so you should have a longer cycle overall. If you are using OPKs be warned that lots of us in this thread have reported B6 affecting test lines - I usually get a really strong line on OPK for at least two days. With B6, I only ever had a faint line and worried that I didn't OV, but I definitely OVed because I got pregnant.

Sorry for the essay!

i believe it will - it supposed to work on the hormones in the first half of your cycle (estradial), so the second half will be a better balance/higher (progesterone). most spotting before af can be due to low-er/ish progesterone.
can someone confirm this?

Khloeee - good luck with this one hun, lots of thoughts coming your way.
its so hard playing the waiting game isnt it - am glad I have found this thread as you all seem really supportive of each other which is just what we all need at this time x:hugs:

Yay a positive OPK!! On cd24 instead of cd45 (like last cycle). Hope this isn't another false positive though.

I am wondering if I would have had it earlier but the EPO was delaying. I've read reports that it delays ov and I stopped taking it 2 days ago and now I finally got a pos OPK after over 2 weeks of highs on the monitor and lines getting dark then fading. Food for thought I guess. Will look into it more and maybe try grapefruit juice for next cycle if tis fails.

what do you guys think about taking b-complex the whole month versus the first half of the month?

I took it all the way through and am still taking 100mg. I didn't know people took it for just half the cycle, most sites seem to recommend daily from what I have read. I know it's meant to be most effective in the first half of the cycle, but think it helps in the second half too.

thanks khloee - i have also heard good things about vit B helping with nausea.

I also took for the whole month, its good for hair and energy and other stuff too x

Khloeee - will do when he gets back from work! :thumbup:

HWPG, I'm just going to take it up to ov this first month. Little steps at a time for me.

I'm CD4 so getting used to the B vits. No side effects I've noticed yet apart from slightly yellow wee!

Last months LP was 11 days so I'm not really hugely worried about that, compared to 8 days on the previous cycle. My main worry is the spotting. Found a spotting thread on here and it's making for very interesting reading, as did this one! Spending half my life these days reading BnB threads! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->