• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

what is the spotting thread, Yomyoms? i'd be interested also.

It's this one, HWPG:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...ek-before-af-every-month-anyone-else-138.html
It's very interesting but unfortunately not many quick successes in the posts I've read so far.

Momo - I think vit B works differently for everyone...with me it delayed O by a couple of days...on first cycle of vit B my LP was a couple of days longer with no spotting n on 2nd cycle LP was the same and spotted from 12dpo....will see what happens this cycle x

Kiara - Good luck catching that egg! x

HWPG - I only take vit B until O is confirmed...im worried that if i take it for all the cycle then my LP will be even longer...16 day LP on first cycle of vit B was defo long enough for me! x

YomYoms - it looks like we're on the same cycle :) im on CD5 today....ive been on the spotting thread and its interesting n there are some ppl on there with alot of knowledge....there are alot of regulars on there tho n I found that it was easy to get lost on there if you didnt go on it every day or so x

Soo im on CD5 n AF has finally gone...im taking vit B again til O is confirmed n was going to try Soy but couldnt get it in time....prob a good thing tho coz GP has referred me for a scan n OH for a SA so prob be better to see what the results of these are before I start trying something else that may mess my cycle up x

thanks bubbles. my tiny word of caution with the soy is that it increases estrogen so if you are using cbfm, i think it whacks out the sticks so you get highs more frequently (as i understand, cbfm measures estrogen and lh) i dont use cbfm but many others who do and then took soy saw false highs. might want to do some research on that... :)

Thanks bubbles. Yeah the spotting thread does seem to have a lot of regulars, including a few graduates. Will try to get involved and see how I get on.
A CD twin, that'll be nice! :) What day do you usually ov on? I've been CD19 for two months, but only 3rd cycle off the pill and with vit B, I'm guessing it could be anytime!!
Fx for less spotting though!

Hiya there. I was wondering for some advice. My cycles are 24 days long, i ov on day 12 every month and have a 12 day lp. Every month i spot 3 days before AF is due so i started taking B-50 complex to see if it would stop the spotting. I'm day 11 now and should have got a pos OPK to ovulate tomorrow but the line is so faint. I'm really worried that i'm not going to ovulate.

Any ideas of what to do? Do i keep taking them or should i stop

Keep taking them. It can shift your ov day (which could also be shifted by other factors) but keep taking them at least until ov is confirmed. If you wanted to stop during your LP you can. GL!

HWPG - thanks for the info! I dont use cbfm tho...i dont really know anything about it n im obsessing about enough things at the moment without trying something else lol x

YomsYoms - I could O anytime between CD14 - CD18 so ill just have to wait and see x

Mickellwife - I agree with HWPG...u should carry on taking them until O is confirmed. Im taking vit B complex 100 and they have delayed my O. It used to be on CD14 or 15 but on vit B i O'd on CD16 one month n CD18 on the next...im on my 3rd month of them now x

CD8 for me so not long til O is due. I wish it was regular again tho as I get really anxious around O as im scared ill miss it. Im going to start temping tomorrow (I only temp from about CD9 - 20 now to confirm O) and will prob use OPK from CD13. As for BD I might just try every other day from CD13 this month...every other month I try to BD every day for the 3 most fertile days but O is varying each month and OH moans by the 3rd day and to be honest when we do BD everyday there doesnt seem to be as much sperm...so im thinking it will be better to have alot of sperm every other day than abit every day? What do u guys think? x

How is everyone else? x

"research' says every other day is plenty to get pregnant. That's what we did, except for pos opk, then we did it two days in a row. Will know in a week if it worked. I agree - bd for three days in a row can get tiring, both emotionally and physically. GL!

thankyou everyone. i did an early opk today and it was a positive so will test again at the right time at 2pm and hope its still the same. i have oved on day 13 once before and its the same this time. just hoping it will stop the spotting. fingers crossed x

mickellwife - I think the vit B can interfer with OPK lines. I always had really strong lines for around two days, first cycle I took b6 (b100 complex), my OPK lines never went dark. Thought I hadn't ovulated yet, but then temps stayed up and FF confirmed OV, then 9 days later I knew I definitely OVed because I got a BFP. A few other ladies in this thread reported similar effects to their OPK results after starting B6. Just wanted to let you know that you may well have an LH surge even if the test line never gets that dark.

Hi ladies, not been on here for a few days. It's CD10 so just waiting for ov... boring! Going to start opks tomorrow and get DTD regularly!
How is everyone else?

7dpo here and nothing to report.... boring and waiting here....

I hope you both get your BFPs this month! Fx for you
I had a moment of weakness and just did an opk. Blank of course, just got a bit excited!
Keep us updated on your 2WWs

FF has just changed my chart to show I'm now 6DPO instead of 8. That's a little annoying as I had my progesterone levels done yesterday. Might see if I can have them done tomorrow

kiara, how did you get on with your test? when do you get the results?

have any of you who temp experienced a lower temp since taking B vits? Mine has been really low this last week and not sure whether it's the vitamins or just the colder weather!?

Not sure YomsYoms, I only started temping the same cycle I started taking B vits.

Hi
Has Anyone noticed if they forget to take the vitamin b it causes a temp drop the next day? This is my first cycle taking vitamin b complex and I've had a lot more symptoms this month, did anyone else experience this? I'm trying to work out if its the vitamin b or just possibly bfp. I'm 12 dpo today and got a stark white bfn yesterday plus I had a temp drop yesterday but then temp today has gone back up so not sure what to think. X

Hi Sarah, sorry not too sure. This is my first cycle so not up to that part yet. Don't remember reading anything like this in the rest of the thread though.
What length is your luteal phase usually? I think you can get a temp drop during implantation so fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->