Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Is anyone still around on this thread?

I have a 25 day cycle, and ov on cd15. This gives me a 10 day LP but I'm starting to spot at 6dpo. I had an IUD removed in January and I think that might be causing some issues, but I'd like to try the vit b stuff.

Would this be ok to take: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nature-Made-Super-B-Complex-Value-Pack-Tablets-280ct/19757487

It has vit b complex with Vit c and folic acid. They only have 2-5mg of B6 though? Do I need to take regular Vit B6 as well?

i will check my bottle and the grams of B6 when i get home. i think it should probably be ok... but i will check.

It needs to be at least 50 B6 to do any good. I haven't looked at the link though! If its a complex I would think it would have more than 2?

i agree atleast 50mg of b6 in the vit complex and usually have the same of b12 to help absorb the b6 or something like that lol it will have other stuff in like b1,b2,niacin.folic acid, ectect

So if I go buy a bottle of 100mg b6 and a bottle of 500 b12, I'll be ok? All the complexes are pretty low in b6 that I have found. :(

Momof2TTC, you will want to find a b50 or b100 complex. I was confused when looking for this too, couldn't find it at Walmart. But drug stores usually carry them, I found mine at RiteAid. Mine (B100 complex by nature made) has 100 mg b6 and 100 mcg of b12, along with the other b vitamins. Make sure the bottle reads B-50 or B-100 Complex.

I use 'natures way b-50 complex' -- it has b12 @ 50mcg and b6 @ 50mg (notice the different units). I think I got it on amazon or drugstore.com

New here:
I actually read through this entire thread, wew!! Actually I read through most of it back in Oct-Dec of last year when I was trying to figure out this dang spotting business. I started taking a b-100 complex and actually delayed spotting by 2 whole days (normal is 9/10 dpo and first month moved it to 11 dpo). Then I stopped taking it when DH's SA came back with 86% antisperm antibodies (VR was in Oct of 2010). The SA took the wind out of my sails and we kinda stopped TTC for the last 6 months. Anyways, I have recently put DH on a bunch of supplements that may (or may not) help with antisperm antibodies and our first cycle after his new supplements I have the cycle from hell. I'm 12 dpo today, but have been spotting for 5 days already, ranging from hardly beige CM to gushes of bright red while going to the bathroom. So, I decided that if DH is taking supplements to help his issue I ought to get back to a b6 rutine.
I don't know if anybody is even coming to this thread anymore, but I'm here now.

I'm still around occasionally.... Hoping the supplements help you both out!

Thanks, HWPG!! Glad this thread isn't completely abandoned.
Have b vits still been effective for you?

I found them to be effective, but since I've taken clomid (third cycle) it has increased my LP significantly, so I didn't take the vit b on top of the clomid.

I'm here. I am going to be starting with B6 to try to lengthen my LP. This past cycle I ov'ed on cd13/14 (FF wasn't 100% sure which) and I had a 10/11 day LP. I'd like to lengthen it so that my cycle is longer than 24 days.

I suppose I should wait to find out if my spotting is a result of low progesterone. I had bloodwork done on Friday.

I found them to be effective, but since I've taken clomid (third cycle) it has increased my LP significantly, so I didn't take the vit b on top of the clomid.

I did 7 cycles of clomid and each time I O'd several follies, my problem is male-factor. Really hope 3rd time is a charm for you!!:winkwink:

I'm here. I am going to be starting with B6 to try to lengthen my LP. This past cycle I ov'ed on cd13/14 (FF wasn't 100% sure which) and I had a 10/11 day LP. I'd like to lengthen it so that my cycle is longer than 24 days.

I suppose I should wait to find out if my spotting is a result of low progesterone. I had bloodwork done on Friday.

I really hope it works for you too!!! I had my GP tell me that my progesterone can't be a problem because I've had kids before. :nope:
Then I went to a naturopath who tested me and I was only around a 5 (US units) and that was way toooooo low. I did several cycles with progesterone supps and it didn't change my 4-5 days of spotting at all! But the one cycle that I did b-100 complex (50+50) I had one less day of spotting. So, I'll keep trying.

Third time was a charm - got my two lines this morning! Eek!

OMGoodness, thats wonderful news!!!! Congratulations!!!! How many dpo are you?

I really hope it works for you too!!! I had my GP tell me that my progesterone can't be a problem because I've had kids before. :nope:
Then I went to a naturopath who tested me and I was only around a 5 (US units) and that was way toooooo low. I did several cycles with progesterone supps and it didn't change my 4-5 days of spotting at all! But the one cycle that I did b-100 complex (50+50) I had one less day of spotting. So, I'll keep trying.

I suspect progesterone is low because of the Mirena IUD. Apparently there have been others who say that the Mirena produces the progesterone for your body, and once it's removed- your body can forget how to make it. I had 2 miscarriages and have 2 live children (from before Mirena). I'm going to see if I can hunt down a B-100 complex somewhere and give it a try.

tested at 15dpo with FRER - two pink lines. tested at 16dpo with CB digi - negative. went in for bloodwork, still waiting for results. not sure what to say or how to feel. going to pick up 3948234 more tests tonight to try tomorrow morning.

tested at 15dpo with FRER - two pink lines. tested at 16dpo with CB digi - negative. went in for bloodwork, still waiting for results. not sure what to say or how to feel. going to pick up 3948234 more tests tonight to try tomorrow morning.

Oh no, HWPG, that is sooooo frustrating!!! Hoping and praying your HCG comes back super high!!!

Did you take any more tests at home?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->