Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Well, AF finally got me this morning after 9 days of spotting/bleeding. Glad that it's here and I can move on from this cycle! Going to be vacationing a lot over the next few weeks, so get a little break from TTC and then back at it in August.

I'll be stalking to see how your bloods came back, HWPG!

Hsg came back at 14.5 - not pregnancy viable for how many dpo I am. Turns out it was a chemical. Will go in Friday for a second beta to make sure it's going down. My cm is turning pink, so I know a period is on the way. Will fill my rx for clomid again, pick up some opks, get my vit b's and jump back on the crazy ttc train! Trying to stay positive - at least we know we can fertilize!
Have fun on vaca Sue!

Hsg came back at 14.5 - not pregnancy viable for how many dpo I am. Turns out it was a chemical. Will go in Friday for a second beta to make sure it's going down. My cm is turning pink, so I know a period is on the way. Will fill my rx for clomid again, pick up some opks, get my vit b's and jump back on the crazy ttc train! Trying to stay positive - at least we know we can fertilize!
Have fun on vaca Sue!

I'm so sorry, HWPG!! That is such a big let down, no doubt! You have the right attitude about it all, at least you got an egg fertilized!
Thank you, i will try to relax and enjoy famiky as much as possible :thumbup:

Got my blood test results back today. Progesterone is 3.2 on cd23 (9-10dpo). Indicates that I didn't ovulate? I'm so confused because I had a noticeable temp rise on all the charts on Fertility Friend and it stays up til AF. So how can I not ovulate but still have the temp rise?

Got my blood test results back today. Progesterone is 3.2 on cd23 (9-10dpo). Indicates that I didn't ovulate? I'm so confused because I had a noticeable temp rise on all the charts on Fertility Friend and it stays up til AF. So how can I not ovulate but still have the temp rise?

i didnt think that was possible as its the progesterone that raises temp isnt it :wacko:

momof2- maybe maybe maybe because your LP is only like 12 days, a blood draw at 9-10dpo is already on the way down in the progesterone level - i wonder if you had it take on 6dpo it would be higher. clearly, you are ovulationg (thermal shift and previous children), so i dont know why it would be so low. what did your dr say? progesterone supplements?

momof2- maybe maybe maybe because your LP is only like 12 days, a blood draw at 9-10dpo is already on the way down in the progesterone level - i wonder if you had it take on 6dpo it would be higher. clearly, you are ovulationg (thermal shift and previous children), so i dont know why it would be so low. what did your dr say? progesterone supplements?

Could be. I can only hope! LP is usually only 10 days (ov on cd13-15 of 24-26 day cycle) and I start spotting at 6dpo on the dot. I have an appt in Sept to discuss further (unless I get antsy and re-schedule for earlier). I wish this stuff was straight forward.

i didnt think that was possible as its the progesterone that raises temp isnt it :wacko:

That's what I thought! LOL! Goes against everything we 'know'.

Started b50 complex yesterday. Here's hoping it's helpful!

How is everyone else doing?

I'm cd4 today and start my five days of clomid. I have my softcups, Preseed, vit b, prenatal, and opks ready to go!

Hi all ladies
I had a suspected partial molar pregnancy followed by a dc in march. We waited until now to start ttc again and I had bloodwork in the meantime. Cd3 hormones seem fine but cd21 progesterone is a little on the lower side (9.71). I have 24ish day cycles and O in the middle. Do you think b6 is good for me? I'm afraid it could bring O further too which I don't want. Or I could go for progesterone supplements after O. My ob is on holiday and I can't reach him. So I'm quite at a loss. What do you think?

vitamin b COMPLEX wont hurt - it helps with the follicular phase, to help get eggs ready, and it helps with the luetal phase to increase your progesterone (which is the result of a strong ovulation). plus, vit B helps with energy and nausea, so it really is good all around. i say, give it a try.

I got a b50 complex by solgar but it has only 25 mg of b6. This is the only option I could find in here as all the others are "medicinal stuff" with either too high (250 mg) or too low (2.5 mg) dosages :(. Hope it helps!

You could take 2 pills / day to get up to fifty, if you wanted. 25mg is a good start.

Hi again HWPG,

So I'm taking the B complex religiously since CD4 (that's when I got it). I generally ovulate early between CD12-14. I had a +OPK on CD11&12 this month but still no temp rise at CD15 today. I'm wondering if it can be attributed to the vitamins? What do you think? Should I stop taking them until I see a temp shift and then resume until AF again; or leave them for good? I was very optimistic about the B complex, now I'm so confused. :(

The vits wouldnt cause you not to have temp rise. i say persist with it and maybe your body tried to ovulate but didnt yet. keep testing and temping :)

Thank you both ladies. I thought maybe the vitamins were delaying ovulation?!

First month taking vit B and I usually O between day 12-14. I didn't O til cd16! I'm only going to take it after O from now on as I've seen it suggested. Oing so late made my LP only 9 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->