Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

First month taking vit B and I usually O between day 12-14. I didn't O til cd16! I'm only going to take it after O from now on as I've seen it suggested. Oing so late made my LP only 9 days.

I am just like you. My temp rose only today, at CD16; so I guess I O'd some time yesterday (thinking it will stay high of course). It is not so bad, as it gives my egg a little more time to mature I'd hope; but I'll be so unhappy if my luteal phase gets even shorter. If I don't get a BFP, I'm considering to take it after O as well?!

dont u take it daily all the time?

I only started taking them this cycle. And yes, I took them daily. However, I'm concerned that they delayed O (not sure of course). I think I O'ed yesterday so only 1 DPO. But I'll track my luteal phase and if it gets shortened, I'll consider taking them only after O.

I only had a 9 day LP because I o'ed so late. If I can go back to my usual o at c12-14, I'll be at 11-13 days.

Hi ladies,
It seems my questions are endless but please bear with me :blush:. This was my first month on B50 complex. I got my BFP last week and am still using it, both out of habit and also thinking it is keeping spotting off!
I tried to read through the pages but there are so many of them. So I'd like to ask, is it safe to continue the b50 after a BFP? I also take a prenatal which has 800 mcg folic acid but minimal amounts of the other b's!
I also tried to google but the answers seem to go both ways. So would really appreciate some insight...

i have heard that b complex helps with energy and nausea, and my dr said it was fine to take (sometimes even prescribed). so i say yes, keep taking it. and CONGRATS!

Thank you both ladies! So continuing with the miracle pill :)

Congrats ece!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance: It is great to find someone who has used it for one month and got a bfp.

Which brand did you buy and what was the quantity of the ingredients.

Hi Tella,

Thanks for the well wishes. I used Solgar's Vitamin B-Complex "50", since it was the only one I could find in Turkey. It has 50 mg of many B's, but 25 mg B6, 21 mg Choline, 50 mcg B12 and biotin, and 400 mcg folic acid. I also took a prenatal which has minimal amounts of B's but 800 mcg folic acid.

With that said, in fact it was our first month TTC again, so I'm not sure if it did something for the BFP or not. I had a partial molar pregnancy earlier this year and had to wait until August. In the meantime, I figured out my luteal phase was short, and my progesterone tested low the previous month. So I decided to give it a shot.

But I've read in this thread that many women got excellent results with it. Hope it brings you a sticky BFP :)

Thank you so much for the details, i hope i can also have some luck now and get a sticky before the "benefits" of the M/C and D&C is over.

I found the product here in SA must just find where to buy it LOL
How many tablets did you take daily?

First month on the BComplex is past, AF started today. WIll be monitoring this cycle so will know if it has started to help with earlier O and longer LP.

I've read and re read this whole post sooooo many times in the last 6 weeks, and just wanted to add a post of encouragement for anyone else reading.

I started charting in June/July this year, in the hope of starting TTC around Christmas time, we decided until then we were going to NTNP. I got pregnant the first cycle of charting which unfortunately ended in a chemical :( I noticed on the next couple of cycles charting that my LP was ridiculously short (between 5-8 days!)
Ever helpful google brought me to this thread and I decided to try taking B100 complex and EPO (only up to ov with the EPO) this cycle to see if I could increase my LP and/or bring my ov date forward (average ov was CD16/17). I ov'd on CD14 (with a fallback dip at 2DPO), had a HUGE dip below coverline at 8DPO followed by a spike at 9DPO (possible implantation dip?) and this morning - 10DPO I got a faint, but clear :bfp: :happydance:

I firmly believe the combination of B-complex and EPO made the difference this month, and I hope this post will give encouragement to others reading and wondering whether to give it a try :)

Congratulations! You can keep taking the B complex, it helps with energy and morning sickness too!

I've read and re read this whole post sooooo many times in the last 6 weeks, and just wanted to add a post of encouragement for anyone else reading.

I started charting in June/July this year, in the hope of starting TTC around Christmas time, we decided until then we were going to NTNP. I got pregnant the first cycle of charting which unfortunately ended in a chemical :( I noticed on the next couple of cycles charting that my LP was ridiculously short (between 5-8 days!)
Ever helpful google brought me to this thread and I decided to try taking B100 complex and EPO (only up to ov with the EPO) this cycle to see if I could increase my LP and/or bring my ov date forward (average ov was CD16/17). I ov'd on CD14 (with a fallback dip at 2DPO), had a HUGE dip below coverline at 8DPO followed by a spike at 9DPO (possible implantation dip?) and this morning - 10DPO I got a faint, but clear :bfp: :happydance:

I firmly believe the combination of B-complex and EPO made the difference this month, and I hope this post will give encouragement to others reading and wondering whether to give it a try :)

HUGE CONGRATS!!! H&H 9 months for you!!!!! Its very encouraging to see BFPs where the B Complex has made a difference. This is my second month on it and O was still only on CD21 but im hoping for a decent LP. I know 12day LP isnt that bad but is till prefer a 13 or 14. And i must say that last cycle i had no spotting prior to AF like the previous few months.

2nd month on BComplex and my lp was 13 days with minor spotting. Im happy that its made a difference and I dont have to worry about my LP anymore. Hoping for a bfp now, hoping the b12 will now start bringing my O forward.

2nd month on BComplex and my lp was 13 days with minor spotting. Im happy that its made a difference and I dont have to worry about my LP anymore. Hoping for a bfp now, hoping the b12 will now start bringing my O forward.

Hi - I stalk.:)
Good luck tella...hope your get your bfp love.:thumbup:

:) :) :) xxx

P.s ...I stopped all my vit b and complex last cycle...I was on it for too long so I plan to start up again in January if doc allows it in my new protocol.
Hope I get my bfp before then tho lol...

Hi - I stalk.:)
Good luck tella...hope your get your bfp love.:thumbup:

P.s ...I stopped all my vit b and complex last cycle...I was on it for too long so I plan to start up again in January if doc allows it in my new protocol.
Hope I get my bfp before then tho lol...

Thanks :flow: I really hope that you get yours to especially before all the tests and needles and stuff its all horrible. But if it brings the rainbow then i will do it all over again.

Why do you say you have been on it for to long? THis is only month 2 but i just assumed that because its a vitamin you can stay on it for as long as you want. All i know is that you shouldnt take more than 100mg of b6 per day as it might cause nerve damage. So considering food intake im stopping at 50mg per tablet.

Hi there tella...I read somewhere about taking high doses for longer than six months is not recommended...it noticed my temps started jumping all over the place on month 6 but scrapped that chart as that perhaps it was a one off but the flowing cycle was the same...
So I stopped them and now my temps are nice and normall again..
I decided I will have a 3month break off them and then maybe go back on it in January if my doc gives the thumbs up.

I originally started taking it bc it raises progesterone in the tww aswell...

Good luck love...I truly wish you all the best...:flower:

I was thinking maybe i should start temping again just to see what they doing again. Havent temped for over a year now as the anticipation was killing me and causing more stress than good.

So i got a CBFM instead and that is so much better. But i think im gonna give it a try again next month with the Femara.

What dosage did you take?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->