Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

I am on CD 14 of a 24 day cycle. Due to OV today according to OPK and CBFM.

I usually take vit b complex but forgot this month. Should i start taking it today?

Paranoid that implantation won't happen or my LP will go wonky (usually 11 days) because i didn't take vitB.

Any advice??

anyone??

debgreasby: Yes, from what I have read in this thread, and I have read it ALL, TWICE. *lol* you can start to take you b-complex now! You don't have to start at CD1. You can start anytine in your cycle! :) Good luck.

Hi ladies!

What an interesting thread! I would like to join if I may!

I have long irregular cycles (anything form 32-53 days) with a 12/13 day luteal phase, and spotting anything from 9/10 DPO (although this cycles spotting was from 5DPO).

i have tried vitex to shorten the cycle but doesnt seem to work and hasnt addressed the spotting. I would like to give B-Complex a try - what dosage to you recommend to start with? 50mg?

We are TTC #1 and my cycles really are not helping!!! Has anyone had/heard to Vit b complex improving irregular cycles/shortening cycles as this would be very welcome!

xx
Yes, I would start with B-50 complex. If you don't notice any difference you can upgrade to 75 or 100 next cycle. :) About the cycle lenght IIäm not so sure, So I'll pass that on to someone else to answer!

I recently started taking a B 50 complex to hopefully help with spotting before periods/ a possible LPD. We had a miscarriage in August. I believe it is responsible for the diarrhea I've been having the last couple days, as it started when I began taking the B 50. Has anyone else had this trouble? Also, I believe it is making me abnormally tired! These seem to be rare symptoms, from what I have read on this site, so I wanted to just ask and see if anyone else has experienced this. Thanks for your input!

Ok - I've just read this thread from cover to cover and i'm confused.

I think I have a short LP so I want to start taking B6. Hubby bought B complex but it had 2mg of each vit so he took it back and swapped for straight B6 in 10mg tablets.

So I had read 50mg a day and that's what I was going to take. Then I read here about needing B12 to offset it! So do I need to go and buy some B12 vitamins too? Is it even possible to get them in standalone form or do I need to choose a different B complex?

:shrug:

I started a vitB100 complex (I have read here that it is better to take the complex to balance all the vits) three months ago after my m/c and I can tell that it has made a big difference.

I used to start spotting around dpo10, with AF coming at dpo13, nothing too bad, but convinced myself m/c was due to low progesterone. Anyway, after three months taking the pills, I now don't spot at all and AF starts on dpo14 or 15, so a significant improvement.

I had headaches when I first started and I am pretty sure they were linked to the vit. I shifted to the slow release pills and that stopped right away. I don't think it affected my bowel habits.

I started a vitB100 complex (I have read here that it is better to take the complex to balance all the vits) three months ago after my m/c and I can tell that it has made a big difference.

I used to start spotting around dpo10, with AF coming at dpo13, nothing too bad, but convinced myself m/c was due to low progesterone. Anyway, after three months taking the pills, I now don't spot at all and AF starts on dpo14 or 15, so a significant improvement.

I had headaches when I first started and I am pretty sure they were linked to the vit. I shifted to the slow release pills and that stopped right away. I don't think it affected my bowel habits.

Hi FBbaby

I see you said you spot around dpo10 and then get AF dpo13 - i am similar. I start spotting at dpo11 and get AF at dpo15 - i usually have 4 days of spotting (I'm on day 3 at the moment) and then get AF for 3 days and then get another 3 days of spotting after AF. Which means my period last a min of 10 days (sometimes 11 or 12 depending on the spotting). Anyway I would like to try the B vitamins to see if it would help cos Ive been TTC for 22 months now and Im convinced its the LPD thats causing it to not happen. Can you tell me what vitamins you are taking and where you got them. It would be much appreciated.

Thanks
R

I take the VitB 100 complex slow release from Holland and Barratt.

I have to post 3 more posts until I can link and show images... so please excuse my spam

https://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv133/jenny79h/postest2.jpg

This is what I got the first months with B6. I only took B6 75mg/dag. Plus prenatals, grapefruitjuice and used pre-seed. I started spotting (very little and mor creamy than usual) at 8 DPO and it kept on until 10 DPO and on 11 DPO I got a bfp and no more spottings so far (2 days). ;-) I am totallt off now. Both me and DH have felt very discuraged lately and because of the spottings that started on monday i thought it was over for this month. But no.. :) YAY!

Here's my chart!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Bjornis

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I started taking Vitamin B complex 50mg last week (mid-cycle) after encountering average 9 days luteal phases for the past few cycles and according to my figures and also FF was due to see AF yesterday but still no sign other than a few cramps (and definately not pregnant:winkwink:).
I cant believe i have seen a difference in a few days and hope i will ovulate before day 17 next month.

Once again many thanks, im not TTC until next year but this has set my mind at rest now:thumbup:

This is what I got the first months with B6. I only took B6 75mg/dag. Plus prenatals, grapefruitjuice and used pre-seed. I started spotting (very little and mor creamy than usual) at 8 DPO and it kept on until 10 DPO and on 11 DPO I got a bfp and no more spottings so far (2 days). ;-) I am totallt off now. Both me and DH have felt very discuraged lately and because of the spottings that started on monday i thought it was over for this month. But no.. :) YAY!

Here's my chart!

Hi - I was just wondering how long you were trying before you got your BFP?

Thanks

Here's my chart!

thats great well done it work for me also and i only took 50 complex it really does work,congrats again.xxx

Hi - I was just wondering how long you were trying before you got your BFP?

Thanks

We hade been trying since april and had a chemical in june. Faint bfp 8 dpo and af came on 9 dpo. First month with B6 though! :)
Good luck to you!!

:dust:

OMG, my answer was so weird. In june I got the chemical. And september was my first month on B6. :) That was what I was trying to say.

i took vit b6 this cycle after having my last 2 cycles with 9 day lp. this cycle, i got a full 11 days! yippee!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->