Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Hi,

I am new on here. I have been TTC for a year now, had a mc in April at 7 weeks and no luck since :nope: My luteal phase has been a bit erratic since I miscarried. Spotting starts from 4-7 days after OV until AF arrives (2 weeks after OV even though I am spotting!). My cycles are usually around 35-43 days. I have been using OPKs in previous months so I know when I OV.

So I stumbled across this page when looking on google for info about the luteal phase and found this thread a month ago and decided to buy some B6. I have taken it since day one of my cycle (not from day one of spotting) and I am now on CD33 and - fingers crossed - but there is no spotting yet. Last month it started on about CD35 so I am really hoping it doesn't start in the next couple of days.

Only problem is, I don't know when I ovd as I didn't use my OPKs this month in an attempt to relax! I had EWCM around day 17, but thought this was far too early to OV when I normally do on about CD27. Has anyone found their OV date has shifted that much from the B6?

Also, gave in yesterday :blush: and tested, got a BFN, but on CD32 I think it was probably far too early in my cycle anyway.

Any replies would be appreciated xx

Hi - sorry I cant help. I started the B100 complex this month (on CD1) - im currently on CD12 and i feel like Ov might be happening sooner than usual - its usually CD16 for me (32 day cycle) but ive have pains in stomach/ovary area and some CM noticed too - i will start the OPK's this eve I think - from what Ive read on this thread people have ovulated 1 or 2 days early when they went on the B vitamins - Im hoping they help with my spotting and in turn help me get a BFP.

Good luck - hope you get a BFP too!

Hi everybody,

I started taking Vitamin B6 complex 50 mg for 3 cycles now and my cycle went up from 29/30 days to 35. As my luteal phase was 10/11 days, this was not that big a deal.
Last cycle I started measuring my temperature and using OPKs again and found out that I ovulated on CD 19 but I had a luteal phase of 19 days as well! This is of course not what I want. I am now considering going for 25 mg, does anyone have experience with this dosage?

Thanks!

Greetings from rainy Holland

Hi Guys! I started ttc three cycles ago.. First cycle I was a novice at all things relating to charting etc.. I only took a pregnancy vitamin which made me HIDEOUSLY sick.. So I stopped that and started just taking Folic Acid.. Then cottoned onto zinc.. And then last cycle I was on zinc, folic acid, and a b complex (Blackmores Executive Stress I think it is).. In cycle #1 I had a LP of 9 days.. useless.. And ovulated on day 22 - dumb. Then in cycle #2 (25mg B6 which was in the vitamin) I had a LP of 11 days.. And Ovulated on day 16 YIPPEE!! Now, I'm on Cycle #3, which I've taken all the same vitamins, but have now incorporated B6 totalling 75mg.. And I'm either ovulating today, or tomorrow, so day 13 or 14! Lets hope the LP is a good 14 days this cycle, or better still, a BFP!!!!!!!!!!!

I was worried about the risks associated with taking copious amounts of B6, so I thought I'd gradually increase the dosage - fx it is working this cycle!!

Hi All
I've only stumbled on this thread today and am so glad I have. DH and I have been ttc for the past 5 months now, this is the 6th cycle. Started taking agnus castus last month after reading about it having fertility benefits, it definitely helped as I usually break out in spots mid cycle and towards AF but no spots this month, unfortunately still got AF on Sunday, only 9 day luteal phase, ovulated day 19, af on day 28. So I've gone and bought myself Vitamin B6 but now have noticed it should be a b 50 complex so have ordered some from Holland & Barretts. Started Vit B6 on CD 4, fingers crossed it lengthens my lp and makes me ov earlier. Can anyone advise how much B6 to take? Took 100mg today as I need to length my LP quite a bit. Also Dr's appointment on Monday 2nd Nov about LP but worried I'll be given the brush off as only been trying since June. So glad to have found this thread as I now feel a bit more in control and that there is something I can do to lengthen it. Also ordered Zita West's book too so fingers crossed we all get BFP soon!!!! Out of interest does anyone know whether you should take Agnus castus after Ovulation?
Thanks Jen

Hi All
I've only stumbled on this thread today and am so glad I have. DH and I have been ttc for the past 5 months now, this is the 6th cycle. Started taking agnus castus last month after reading about it having fertility benefits, it definitely helped as I usually break out in spots mid cycle and towards AF but no spots this month, unfortunately still got AF on Sunday, only 9 day luteal phase, ovulated day 19, af on day 28. So I've gone and bought myself Vitamin B6 but now have noticed it should be a b 50 complex so have ordered some from Holland & Barretts. Started Vit B6 on CD 4, fingers crossed it lengthens my lp and makes me ov earlier. Can anyone advise how much B6 to take? Took 100mg today as I need to length my LP quite a bit. Also Dr's appointment on Monday 2nd Nov about LP but worried I'll be given the brush off as only been trying since June. So glad to have found this thread as I now feel a bit more in control and that there is something I can do to lengthen it. Also ordered Zita West's book too so fingers crossed we all get BFP soon!!!! Out of interest does anyone know whether you should take Agnus castus after Ovulation?
Thanks Jen

hi welcome, also a newbe here :cloud9:
No you must stop talkng AC when you ovulate. best use an ovultion stick to find out when you ov

So after ovulation obviously there is a chance you will become pregnant and if you continue to taking agnus castus after ovulation and you ARE pregnant it can cause complications. So I think most people don't want to risk it and stop taking agnus castus at ovulation.
hth

Hi!

Just thought I'd update my B6 experience from above....

This cycle I started taking 75mg of B6 and I got my :bfp: at 10DPO!

Worked for me, would certainly recommend it to lengthen LP!

GOODLUCK!!

Hi!

GOODLUCK!!

Exactly as I did and it worked for me as well! :) Magic, or what?

Good Luck to all y'all! :)

Hey everyone,

I had a dodgy LP too and was spotting up to six days before AF arrived. After reading this entire thread I took B50's for the first cycle and increased my LP by 2 days (I also ovulated a day earlier) then B100's for the second cycle (ovulated another day earlier) and got my BFP at 12dpo. I am six weeks today!

Hey everyone, ended up going down to Holland & Barretts and bought myself the B100 timed release tablets. Start OPK on Saturday and I'm so full of hope now after reading all the positive stories on this. Thanks Snowdrops will def stop taking the AC once I get a positive OPK. Really hope I ovultate earlier this month either that or a longer luteal phase would love it to be 12 - 14 days. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us still looking for a BFP!

Hi!

GOODLUCK!!

Congratulations Alix...feel so hopeful now!

Hi Jen

I started taking the B100 complex on CD1 of this cycle - Im currently 10DPO so waiting for AF to show or to get my BFP - Im hoping the B100 help with my spotting - it usually happens 4/5 days before AF and 3 days after - Im due to start spotting this evening or tomorrow so if it doesnt happen then Ill be happy - mind you ill prob drive myself mad thinking Im pregnant...

I woke this am early with pains though - as if the witch had arrvied but nothing yet - but I have a feeling she's on route - i hate her.... :haha:

You and me both RebaRezzelba! I'm lucky in that I don't have a problem with spotting but a 9 day luteal phase just isn't long enough...keep thinking to myself every month I could have conceived but there is no chance of implantation with such a short LP! So frustrating! Dreading the doctors appointment also, have any of you's been to your GP's regarding TTC? If so what was the first appointment like and where they in anyway helpful?

Hi jen - Yes I went to the doc after 6 months actively TTC (cos I was NTNP for a year previously - so basically 18 months). The first appointment was fine - she asks about your periods and general health. Then she sets up appointments to get bloods done - usally the day21 test to see progesterone levels - mine was low (but that could be beacuse I spot and went for the test far too early but who knows). Anyway that resulted in me and DH getting an appointment with a FS - DH had the SA done - all fine there - quite good actually. I had more bloods done - CD1 and CD3 for Estrodial and LH hormones - again all fine - and had an ultra sound of ovaries - they were fine, had STD tests done -none found - so basically its unexplained - nightmare.

So I take EPO and B100 complex now - hope they work.

Hi All

Im hoping someone can help or give me advice.

We have been ttc for 3 months now, first cycle 67 days and my luteal phase was 10 days 2nd cycle 42 days luteal phase was 10 days, 3rd cycle 32 days and luteal phase was 8 days.

Im really concerned I have a problem with my luteal phase as it is quite short and it got even worse this month from 10-8 even though I took 100mg B6 to help improve it. Im using OV sticks so Im quiet sure of my ovulation day etc.

What should the luteal phase be? And do you think I should see a doctor?

Love petal

Hey RebaRezzelba
I hope they are as nice with me, I've read some other threads where people have said they've just been told to come back when it's been a year or 18 months. My aunt has unexplained infertility and was trying for ten years and eventually had a gorgeous baby boy, she has since miscarried twice and the doctors have more or less said the same, that there is nothing wrong with her or her husband and it's just unexplained. Depending on how the B100 complex and AC work I'll definitely be advising her to try them! I'll be over the moon this month if my LP is even a day or two longer!! FX'd!!!!

Hi All

Im hoping someone can help or give me advice.

We have been ttc for 3 months now, first cycle 67 days and my luteal phase was 10 days 2nd cycle 42 days luteal phase was 10 days, 3rd cycle 32 days and luteal phase was 8 days.

Im really concerned I have a problem with my luteal phase as it is quite short and it got even worse this month from 10-8 even though I took 100mg B6 to help improve it. Im using OV sticks so Im quiet sure of my ovulation day etc.

What should the luteal phase be? And do you think I should see a doctor?

Love petal

Hi Petal
Are you taking B6 by itself or with is it B50 OR B100 Complex? You have to take the complex one as it can be dangerous just taking B6 on it's own. The luteal phase according to doctors should be anywhere from 10 - 14 days. 10 days is quite low though ideally it should be 12 - 14 days. If you aren't using a B Complex I would. You could also maybe try Agnus Castus up until you ovulate, it's supposed to help with bringing forward Ovulation and regulating the cycle. I've been taking AC since last month's cycle and have started taking B100 Complex since yesterday (CD4). I usually ovulate on CD19 and my LP is only 9 days (28 day cycle). I've read so many positive stories here regarding Vit B so I'm really hoping my LP willl length itself by at least a day this month! As for the doctors I'm really not sure, I've booked an appointment for myself for Monday 2nd November after only ttc for the past 6 months. You are apparently not supposed to go until after 12 mths - 18 mths of ttc but there is no way I could wait that length of time to find out if anything is wrong :nope:

Jen

:blush:
oops, so i must take vitB6 with Bcomplex?
i take AC with B6 in the moring up and B12 in the evening to ov time,

and then just B6 in the moring and B12 in the evening, after ov time.

so must take B100 complex to go with both or just B6 or balance B100 complex with B6 & B12

gosh hope this sound mind twisting lol...

ok i have just seen this thread. what do i need to take to get pregnant or should i say keep little egg in there and not have a mc or a period?? i have heard so many different things. please help thanks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->