Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

I am Cla, if I got them done this morning then it will be around the 23rd this month to find out the results. AF is due on the 22nd if I'm going by my usual cycle but I ov'd earlier this month (CD17) so if it comes on the 22nd then I'll have gone up to 11DPO rather than my usual 9! That would be great. I just started taking the B100 straight away rather than the B50 because my LP is so short. I think I remember people further back through the forum who got their B Vit's from Tesco's I think they were just the same (not as big as the H&B ones, they look like horse tranquilisers!). I just realised in my previous post I was saying I've another 9/11 days to go to find out how long the luteal phase is but forgot I ov earlier this month so it won't be the same! Duh me!!!
xo Jen

hope you had a good weekend. i have just read your post how are you feeling this afternoon and are there any changes

Im extra moody too, and crying a lot, but not boohoo trying, just tears. Too ashamed to say what reduced me too tears as its a crap tv show!! ha ha,

Im extra moody too, and crying a lot, but not boohoo trying, just tears. Too ashamed to say what reduced me too tears as its a crap tv show!! ha ha,

im really sorry you are feeling crap its horrible what we have to go throw. i have just read one of your posts and i was just wondering how you are getting on with the vits soory to be noisy:flower:

I am Cla, if I got them done this morning then it will be around the 23rd this month to find out the results. AF is due on the 22nd if I'm going by my usual cycle but I ov'd earlier this month (CD17) so if it comes on the 22nd then I'll have gone up to 11DPO rather than my usual 9! That would be great. I just started taking the B100 straight away rather than the B50 because my LP is so short. I think I remember people further back through the forum who got their B Vit's from Tesco's I think they were just the same (not as big as the H&B ones, they look like horse tranquilisers!). I just realised in my previous post I was saying I've another 9/11 days to go to find out how long the luteal phase is but forgot I ov earlier this month so it won't be the same! Duh me!!!
xo Jen

hope you had a good weekend. i have just read your post how are you feeling this afternoon and are there any changes

Hey Cla
The weekend was fine except for really bad mood swings! My poor husband is scared to do anything for fear of me losing the head. No idea why! I'm putting it down to the increase in progesterone compared to normal (means the B Vit must be working:happydance:) Felt crampy yesterday though and a bit out of sorts, also a bit crampy today pm on and off (again putting it down to the increased progesterone!) I'm now 6dpo (CD23). Wondering if AF is going to come 9 dpo this month again which would be Friday 20th or whether the B Vit's will push it up to 12-14 which would make it Sunday 22nd or Tuesday, 24th???? Oh I hate the 2WW, trying not to symptom spot is a complete nightmare!!! Trying to ignore it all as don't want to build my hopes up! :ignore:
How are things with you?? Did you get the other B Vits??
xo Jen

No, not nosey at all!!
I started the vits to hopefully stop the spotting that I get anything from 5 days before AF, so its a bit early to tell yet.
If Im gonna start spotting it will be from thursday or fri, so fingers crossed it wont happen!!
I will let you know x

hope everybody is ok. just another stupid question from me . does the b vit have to be a 50 or 100. because i got some yesterday and they are just bvit complex

If you check the bottle you'll find that the levels of b-vitamins are pretty low. From what I've read, you need at least 50mg of each B vit to make a difference to your LP (I looked at SUperdrugs B-vits and they were at negligible levels). Not sure who else sdoes them in 50mg and 100mg tabs but I'd recommedn you get some. H&B are very good.
Abi x

xo Jen

Hey Cla
The weekend was fine except for really bad mood swings! My poor husband is scared to do anything for fear of me losing the head. No idea why! I'm putting it down to the increase in progesterone compared to normal (means the B Vit must be working:happydance:) Felt crampy yesterday though and a bit out of sorts, also a bit crampy today pm on and off (again putting it down to the increased progesterone!) I'm now 6dpo (CD23). Wondering if AF is going to come 9 dpo this month again which would be Friday 20th or whether the B Vit's will push it up to 12-14 which would make it Sunday 22nd or Tuesday, 24th???? Oh I hate the 2WW, trying not to symptom spot is a complete nightmare!!! Trying to ignore it all as don't want to build my hopes up! :ignore:
How are things with you?? Did you get the other B Vits??
xo Jen

i will keep everything crossed for you, if it works for you i might have a chance. i didnt get chance to go and get any. mom and dad having a few probs so i havent had the chance to go anywhere. but im still taking the tesco one just in case. when i was taking vit b6 i had really mad pmt now i know what it is now you have said you have got it

Yep def must be the increase in progesterone levels, out of interest has anyone else noticed after ov that their neon pee has now changed and not looking neon anymore?? Still taking the Vit B100 Complex so just curious to know if anyone else has noticed the same??? Thinking more of it must be being absorbed than before. Literally only noticed it today though was the same old neon colour yesterday but changed today...odd!
xo Jen

Yes, mine is just neon for a bit, then goes back to normal now!

Hi girls

my H&B b-50 came this morning i am do to ovulate any time now and i'm on day 25 of my cycle normally around 34 days should i start taking the vitamins today or wait till next cycle surely they won't have any affect on this cycle will they so should i wait till next

thanks x

Oh that's a relief Char thought it was just me! Hey Katie if I were you i would just take them now, they don't do any harm during the pregnancy and they are often used to relieve morning sickness. You've nothing to lose, so may as well!
xo Jen

Kate, go for it - it certainly can't hurt to take them now and you'll feel like you're doing something to help yourself.

Jen, I'm glad you're feeling better about things now. Sounds like you're having some real mood swings - your poor husband! Let's keep our fingers crossed that at the very least we have long enough lp's now!

I've kept it in mind that someone said a long way back on this thread that their wee faded a lot post-ovulation. To be honest, mine still seems to be pretty neon at the moment, although possibly it fades by the morning (I'm taking it at breakfast time). It strikes me that if wee becomes less neon-coloured it's because the body is absorbing more of the b-vits to keep up our progesterone levels.

Abi x

Has anybody taking B-100 noticed creamy cm post-ov? Mine usually dries up after a few days and then I get the odd spot of it before the hag arrives. I'm getting creamy cm every day and I'm 10dpo now. I'm wondering if it's a B-vits thing or a pregnancy symptom (although I'm not pregnancy spotting, just interested).
Abi x

Hey Abi
No I've not noticed any, some last week and over the weekend but pretty dry otherwise. I was thinking the same, it must be a lighter colour because more is being absorbed to keep progesterone levels up. That is hopefully a good sign meaning a longer luteal phase! :happydance: I don't think my mood swings are as bad as they were over the weekend and last week. I'm desperately trying not to symptom spot. Did that last month and was so disappointed when AF came! I've been taking my B100's at breakfast time too, it seems to be more the afternoon the colour fades. Wasn't going to buy any ovulation sticks for next month but think I might do, depending on the results from my day 21 test. I'll be over the moon if AF doesn't come till next Wed, that'll be a 14 day luteal phase:cloud9:
xo Jen

Hi everyone.

I noticed this thread and thought i would share with you a happy story. I was diagnosed with endo and a short luteal phase and as a result of short luteal phase i had spot bleeding from ovulation to first day of period. Docs said nothing tthey could do and hopefully in time i would conceive if not i would be looking to ivf. Anyway I heard about vitex and b6 being good for luteal phase and progesterone deficiency. I took 100mg of B6 Complex for my entire cycle and vitex from ovulation onwards as well as pregnacare supplement. I did not spot bleed in that cyce and I am happy to say that I am now 38 weeks pregnant. I just wanted to share some of this with you and give you ladies some hope because I know when I was bleeding and not getting any answers i felt like i was never going to get anywhere. Anyway hope this helps !!!!:hugs::hugs:

Hi everyone.

I noticed this thread and thought i would share with you a happy story. I was diagnosed with endo and a short luteal phase and as a result of short luteal phase i had spot bleeding from ovulation to first day of period. Docs said nothing tthey could do and hopefully in time i would conceive if not i would be looking to ivf. Anyway I heard about vitex and b6 being good for luteal phase and progesterone deficiency. I took 100mg of B6 Complex for my entire cycle and vitex from ovulation onwards as well as pregnacare supplement. I did not spot bleed in that cyce and I am happy to say that I am now 38 weeks pregnant. I just wanted to share some of this with you and give you ladies some hope because I know when I was bleeding and not getting any answers i felt like i was never going to get anywhere. Anyway hope this helps !!!!:hugs::hugs:

this really gives me hope thank you for sharing this story!! I really worry about my spotting but my fs isnt concerned at all :( i get it for rougly 3 days b4 af fully arrives altho last mth was 4 days....i also get bad back ache about 5-7 dpo so im sure somethings not right!!! would you recommend me taking the vit b compex tablets from holland & barratt?? I have had tests done which shows good progesterone level on day 21 but im wondering if there is anyway my fs would refer me to have another bloodtest after day 21 ( eg day 28 ) to check...im sure my levels are dropping too quickly :( What is vitex? Congratulations.....what an exciting christmas you will have this year :) xx

Sorry I meant is it a type of agnus castus?

Creamy cm isn't a sign of pregnancy. Sodding witch got me this afternoon. Only a 9-day LP!!! Still, hopefully this cycle it will lengthen further. Cycle 14!!!
Started the agnus castus and evening primrose oil this afternoon, on top of the B-100.

char63 - yep, vitex and agnus castus are one and the same. I've read, though, that you should only take it from cd1 up until ovulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->