Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Creamy cm isn't a sign of pregnancy. Sodding witch got me this afternoon. Only a 9-day LP!!! Still, hopefully this cycle it will lengthen further. Cycle 14!!!
Started the agnus castus and evening primrose oil this afternoon, on top of the B-100.

char63 - yep, vitex and agnus castus are one and the same. I've read, though, that you should only take it from cd1 up until ovulation.

Oh Abi, I'm so sorry :hugs: Still no sign for me, no cramping or anything at all now, and no mood swings either so really doubt it'll be a BFP this month. Here's to next month for us and hoping for a Christmas BFP! :hugs:
XO Jen

Hi everyone.

I noticed this thread and thought i would share with you a happy story. I was diagnosed with endo and a short luteal phase and as a result of short luteal phase i had spot bleeding from ovulation to first day of period. Docs said nothing tthey could do and hopefully in time i would conceive if not i would be looking to ivf. Anyway I heard about vitex and b6 being good for luteal phase and progesterone deficiency. I took 100mg of B6 Complex for my entire cycle and vitex from ovulation onwards as well as pregnacare supplement. I did not spot bleed in that cyce and I am happy to say that I am now 38 weeks pregnant. I just wanted to share some of this with you and give you ladies some hope because I know when I was bleeding and not getting any answers i felt like i was never going to get anywhere. Anyway hope this helps !!!!:hugs::hugs:

oh that is great news . storys like that give us all hope. i wish you the best of luck in the next couple of weeks:flower:

Creamy cm isn't a sign of pregnancy. Sodding witch got me this afternoon. Only a 9-day LP!!! Still, hopefully this cycle it will lengthen further. Cycle 14!!!
Started the agnus castus and evening primrose oil this afternoon, on top of the B-100.

char63 - yep, vitex and agnus castus are one and the same. I've read, though, that you should only take it from cd1 up until ovulation.

Oh Abi, I'm so sorry :hugs: Still no sign for me, no cramping or anything at all now, and no mood swings either so really doubt it'll be a BFP this month. Here's to next month for us and hoping for a Christmas BFP! :hugs:
XO Jen

I hope you're not out Jen. I knew I wasn't pregnant but it's still disappointing to have it confirmed by a nasty old hag! Maybe we'll be doing a christmad happydance, eh? :happydance:
Abi x

LOL, love the happy dance smiley, they make me laugh! No still not out but not holding my breath either. Mood swings have completely gone, no cm at all and everything else feels the same as it usually does. No cramping or bloating either but I wouldn't be expecting it until a day or two before AF which will be tomorrow or Saturday or possibly Sunday or maybe Monday :shrug:depending on how the B Vits affect this cycle. Have stocked up on painkillers in anticipation...I get awful cramps usually!
xo Jen

I used to get cramps before I had #1 - every so often I'd have a few shocking months where painkillers and hot water bottles didn't work all that well and the pain would make me vomit. I started having reflexology shortly before I got pregnant, had massage instead for awhile after I fell pregnant and after 12 weeks started having it again through my pregnancy and still have it now (she misses out the area of the foot that represents my uterus if I see her post-ov). A combination of baby and reflexology has cured me of the cramps - I get nothing now. They eased up a lot before I got pregnant as well. If you don't fancy reflexology (which is marvellously relaxing and good for you on tons of levels) then accupuncture is supposd ot be fantastic too, and proven to help with fertility issues. I'm thinking of trying it soon.
I read in the thread about natural ways to increase fertility that cramps can be a sign of blockage (nothing that will stop you getting preggo though!) - will bump up the thread so you can see it. Reflexology deffo did something to help! Cramps and bloating are nasty, I sympathise :hugs:
Abi x

Oooh I should maybe think of getting the reflexology or accupunture then. The Zita West book I read said that you really shouldn't have any cramps from your period and that is a sign of an imbalance or problems. I've suffered from terrible cramps most of my life and they would usually make me sick if I don't take painkillers as soon as I feel the first twinges. Still no sign this month, no bloating or cramps...yet! :thumbup:
xo Jen

Hi girls,
Im 5 days before my AF is due, so waiting to see if the spotting is gonna start or if the B vits have worked. Ive had a massive dip in temps today, so looks like I might start the freakin spotting!! Really peed off!!

Hi girls,
Im 5 days before my AF is due, so waiting to see if the spotting is gonna start or if the B vits have worked. Ive had a massive dip in temps today, so looks like I might start the freakin spotting!! Really peed off!!

Oh no, well fingers crossed it doesn't! I'm 9dpo today (that's how long my luteal phase usually lasts for!) so just waiting to see if it'll start tomorrow. FX'd it doesn't as it'll mean the B vits are working! :happydance: Good luck!
xo Jen

Argh! Starting to feel cramps...think AF is imminent! Here's to next month!!

Oooh I should maybe think of getting the reflexology or accupunture then. The Zita West book I read said that you really shouldn't have any cramps from your period and that is a sign of an imbalance or problems. I've suffered from terrible cramps most of my life and they would usually make me sick if I don't take painkillers as soon as I feel the first twinges. Still no sign this month, no bloating or cramps...yet! :thumbup:
xo Jen

Yep, def try reflexology or acupuncture (think I spelt it wrong last time and I'm really anal about spelling).
Come to think of it I think most of the info I was reading came from the Zita West book. Maybe I should try getting hold of a copy!

Sorry you can feel the hag coming Jen - hope you hold her off for another day! I'd hoped my lp might be longer than 9 days, but as it was 8 days last cycle I suppose it's an improvement. Maybe they'll kick in in our first full cycles od taking them - I only started on cd4 last month.

Char, sorry you can feel the hag coming too. Hope you manage to hold her off for a while.

Go B Vits!!

Well still no sign of AF! Though today is still early! This is 10dpo, was convinced it was coming yesterday as I was getting general crampy feeling but no sign as yet. It would be brilliant to get up to 12-14 days I'll be over the moon! :happydance: Yes Abi def get the Zita West book, I ordered it at the end of last month and read it from cover to cover within one night. It just makes a lot of sense and she explains everything. If I was a celebrity I would definitely be paying to go see her!
xox

Well Char
Any spotting yet? Really hope not! :thumbup: I'm starting to feel quite bloated today, hoping it's not the :witch: I'm really, really hoping she doesn't come today as that will be one full day added to my LP! :yipee:
xo Jen

Well still no sign of AF! Though today is still early! This is 10dpo, was convinced it was coming yesterday as I was getting general crampy feeling but no sign as yet. It would be brilliant to get up to 12-14 days I'll be over the moon! :happydance: Yes Abi def get the Zita West book, I ordered it at the end of last month and read it from cover to cover within one night. It just makes a lot of sense and she explains everything. If I was a celebrity I would definitely be paying to go see her!
xox

i have just read still no sign of spotting, is there any sign this afternoon. you havent got long to get your results either.

Hey Char and Jen, hope the spotting's holding off and you get over 10 days of LP. :hugs: I think 6 weeks of too much B6 (150mg) is taking a bit of sorting out for the B-100's, which is why I only got 9 days. Way to go, sabotaging myself! :dohh:
Am trying acupuncture for the first time on monday - hopefully she can also sort out my morning snot problem (for some reason that seems a grimmer discussion subject than cm!) so I can get back to doing my yoga every morning. And this had precisely WHAT to do with B vits?!
Abi x
I'll have a look at getting the Zita West book x

Abster and Jen,
No spotting yet from me!! Yay! Im due AF on Tues, so Im pleased. Will let u know what happens x

Well girls still nothing. Thought I was feeling bloated earlier but no cramps and now I don't feel bloated. Think that's a good sign but now I'm wondering did I really ovulate on CD17, maybe I imagine the mid cycle pain and I actually ovulated later (CD19 as usual!) which would mean I wouldn't be due until Sunday anyway but now I'm just confused :shrug: Will have to wait and see what the weekend brings...hopefully no :witch: Really trying not to symptom spot either, not much too spot though which is why I'm pretty sure I won't have a :bfp: this month, but I'm excited to see how much longer the LP lasts for...time will tell! I think this cycle you will see a big improvement Abi especially if you are taking the agnus castus too. My results will be back next Friday Cla,(I'm so impatient, I rang today even though I knew she told me to wait 10 working days but thought I would chance my arm!) Curious to see what they will say...knowing my luck I've prob not ovulated at all this cycle:rofl:
XO Jen

Jen, why don't you try temping and doing a chart? Fertilityfriend.com is very good - and I find it helpful to know what my cycle's doing.
Think you might be right about the agnus castus - the spots I get on my neck when AF arrives (as if she isn't lovely enough on her own, she gives you a few ruddy great love bites! Great.) dried up almost straight away - I got home from the weekend at 12-ish on monday to find my parcel of goodies and managed to get 2 doses in by bedtime. The tincture tastes funny, but not too unpleasant.

Seems that the B-vits are workin greally well for the two of you, Jen and Char. There's still every chance AF might not arrive. I don't think it's a good idea to give anybody false hope, because I know that the moment I let my self think I might poss be pregnant it's going to be an awful blow when AF turns up and slaps me round the face, but you're not out until she turns up. And Char, I know FF says that implantation dips aren't necessarily anything of the sort and can appear on every type of chart, but yours looks mighty fine. :hugs:

Update - well, the Vitamin B6 seems to work wonders! My spotting didn't start until 14dpo this month! AF hasn't come on fully yet but feel it, hopefully she's not delayed as well! Am very happy about the longer LP, and hope it will help me get pg!

I'm pleased to hear it's working for you bellamama! :thumbup: Really hope it helps you to get pregnant very soon.
Abi x

Well girls, that's me out, the witch arrived yesterday morning like clockwork! Hey Abi got myself a fertility thermometer on Saturday so started it on Sunday and already forgot to do it this morning! Was in dreadful state yesterday though, as if AF arriving on her own isn't bad enough my best friend told me she was pregnant. It wasn't planned and she was pretty upset about it. She was commenting on how unfair it was that we had been trying so long and still weren't pregnant and she didn't even plan it and she was. Have to say I just completely bottled up everything until I got home and then just ended up bawling. Life just seems so unfair sometimes. At least I'll be getting my results back next Monday from the blood tests. Feel I'm a little further on since last month but honestly finding it so tough when everyone seems to be getting pregnant except for me. Started back on the agnus castus yesterday (decided to up the dose to two tablets per day rather than one) and the epo. At least I think my luteal phase increased up to 11 days. That's a good sign must means the b vits are working. Oh and also bought some robitussin this month as well. Figured it couldn't hurt, so will take two teaspoons of that from next monday.
xo Jen

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"