Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Hi there
Am new here but would love to join in this thread - it is so interesting! I have read it from start to finish. I am experiencing what I believe to be a LPD.
My story in brief: 12 yrs BCP. Stopped Dec 2008. Went with the flow - 2nd cycle off BCP - BFP. 12 week USS - blighted ovum (April 2009) 3 weeks later D&C. Ever since(6 months) irregular periods - long cycles, shortening LP. This month spotting 3DPO. Sooooo frustrated especially because Dr says just relax it will all settle down eventually. Blood results today for LP progesterone - 5.5 - finally I have a result to prove there is a problem!!!! I feel relief! CD2 today - have started Vitamin B complex with approx 50mg of each B vitamin. Can't wait to see if it works, fingers crossed for us all XXX

Bells1980:dust:

This will be my first post so I'm not sure I'm doing it correctly. First off I want to say I'm sorry Jen. Dont give up! I am 33 years old and have been ttc for the last 17 months. I stumbled on this site last month on cd 6 and read it front to back. I went out and bought vitamin b100 complex slow release capsules from walmart. Friday morning I got my BFP! I don't know you guys but I wanted to let you know not to give up hope, it can happen. Over the last 17 months I have tried EVERYTHING outside of going to an RE. The ONLY thing I did this month was take vit b100 complex!

congratulations!! i got my vit b complex pills yesterday....i got the 50...can anyone tell me if thats the right amount? or should i go for the 100's? do i take them all through cycle til af shows up? on clomid & epo too...i realise i need to stop epo by the time i ov every mth x

Hi there DancingKatie
I believe that you can start with 50mg and if it doesn't work then increase it to 100mg next cycle. You can take it all cycle long although some people stop it after ovulation because it helps with follicle development
Bells1980

Happy days, got the chart added! Thanks Abi! Yesterday's temperature was wrong as I forgot to take it before getting out of bed but today's was correct as I remembered this morning. Definitlely have noticed an improvment in my cramps not sure whether that's the b vits or agnus castus...maybe both! :thumbup:
XO Jen

Happy days, got the chart added! Thanks Abi! Yesterday's temperature was wrong as I forgot to take it before getting out of bed but today's was correct as I remembered this morning. Definitlely have noticed an improvment in my cramps not sure whether that's the b vits or agnus castus...maybe both! :thumbup:
XO Jen

You're not kidding yesterday's temp was wrong! :rofl: Mine can fluctuate a lot - acupuncturist is very interested in seeing my temp charts; she told me they will tell her a lot about what's gong on in my reproductive system (those weren't her words though).
Glad the AC seems to be working - I wouldn't be surprised if it's helped to relieve your cramps a lot; just think what it's done for our skin!

Dancingkaty1 - from what I've read on here the strength you take depends on how much you need to lengthen your LP - 50mg for a lp of 10-11 days, 100mg for less was what someone further back on here said, which makes sense. I guess the 50mg will just take longer, if you want to take the lower dose. Just see how you go with it. It's simple enough to take 2 a day if change your mind later.
Be aware of the neon yellow wee!
Abi x

Taking the b-vits have officially delayed my period! I have never been lat for my AF, and Im now a day late, so annoyed.

Taking the b-vits have officially delayed my period! I have never been lat for my AF, and Im now a day late, so annoyed.

Yeah, Char me too, mine was 3 days late, but it gave me a 14 day LP so I'll take it!

Are you sure you're not going to come on today? You said last week you were expecting AF today, or does she always visit first thing? Maybe she's only delayed by a few hours. There is a chance the B-vits might change your cycle - but if that gives you a BFP it can only be a good thing, right? Try to be positive - no spotting!! :thumbup:
Abi x

Yeah, Char me too, mine was 3 days late, but it gave me a 14 day LP so I'll take it!

Hey Bellamamma,
I had a squizz at your chart earlier and noticed you had a good long LP - brilliant! Go B-Vits! :thumbup: :happydance:
Abi x

oh i hope the vit b pills dont make my cycle longer & af late!! my cycles are usually 31 days....altho this mth it was 30 ( dunno if clomid or epo made it come day early?? spotting came when i thought it would tho...just had 1 day less of spotting & more brown discharge!! yuck!!!) if its 30 again i will be due on wed 23rd dec....dont wanna be late & get hopes up then come on christmas day or boxing day!!! :( xx

Dancingkaty1 - from what I've read on here the strength you take depends on how much you need to lengthen your LP - 50mg for a lp of 10-11 days, 100mg for less was what someone further back on here said, which makes sense. I guess the 50mg will just take longer, if you want to take the lower dose. Just see how you go with it. It's simple enough to take 2 a day if change your mind later.
Be aware of the neon yellow wee!
Abi x[/QUOTE]

my lp this mth was 13 days but 11 if u count the 2 days of spotting i got b4....so i will try the 50 vit b.....u think?? I hope ive got the right ones from holland & barrett....they are in a blue bottle... & the pills are a yellowey orangey colour.....it says mega b 50 vit b complex caplets.....i saw some where on here bout taking slow release ones....are these slow release....have i got the right ones?? x

You've got the right ones Dancingkaty! 50 sounds good for you as you don't need to much lenghthening of the LP! good luck!

Yep, they sound right to me. I'm using the B-100 slow release - I figure slow release are good because they are absorbed by the body at a slower rate and to my mind that means your body can use them more efficiently.
Abi x

hope everybody is feeling ok. i FINALY got to go and get my vit b complex yesterday, i cant believe the size of them. i was just wondering it is ok for me to still take the b6 vit with them:dohh:

Good luck DancingKaty! I think you'll definitely notice an improvement in the spotting! Look at all the success stories on here so just keep thinking PMA! That is brilliant Bellamamma the B Vits must be working well for you! I'm really interested in trying the accupunture and reflexology now Abi. Did you get the Zita West book yet? I was reading through it on Sunday whilst feeling sorry for myself...again! LOL! She mentioned reflexology and accupuncture. She seems to be put a lot of faith in Traditional Chinese Medicine, and uses reflexology and accupuncture as part of her treatment for patients so there must be something in it! I'll maybe think about it after Christmas and New Year.
xo Jen

hope everybody is feeling ok. i FINALY got to go and get my vit b complex yesterday, i cant believe the size of them. i was just wondering it is ok for me to still take the b6 vit with them:dohh:

Hey Cla
Did you get the B100 or B50? I wouldn't recommend taking an additional B6 vit with them just in case you overdose yourself on the B6 and become deficient in any of the other ones. Did you get the Holland & Barrett complex? I read somewhere that apparently the b vits are supposed to increase serotonin levels, wish they would hurry up and kick in as I'm fed up feeling miserable! LOL!
XO Jen

Hey Cla
Did you get the B100 or B50? I wouldn't recommend taking an additional B6 vit with them just in case you overdose yourself on the B6 and become deficient in any of the other ones. Did you get the Holland & Barrett complex? I read somewhere that apparently the b vits are supposed to increase serotonin levels, wish they would hurry up and kick in as I'm fed up feeling miserable! LOL!
XO Jen

do you feel anybetter today? i got the b100 i thought the higher the better and i got them from holland and barrett and they where the complex ones. does it relly increase your serotonin, i need a lot of that. u will be alright in a couple of days just the the witch out of the way the you can try again. hows it going with your temps

Hey Cla
XO Jen

do you feel anybetter today? i got the b100 i thought the higher the better and i got them from holland and barrett and they where the complex ones. does it relly increase your serotonin, i need a lot of that. u will be alright in a couple of days just the the witch out of the way the you can try again. hows it going with your temps

Yeah I'm feeling a lot better than I was yesterday. Going to the doctors tomorrow, thinking they may put me on antidepressants as I'm just finding everything a real struggle. Hate feeling down all the time, believe me I'm a completely normal, rational person but since we've started ttc I'm slowly losing the plot with every month that passes. My period coming every month I can cope with but it has literally been the past three months that loads of my friends have been getting pregnant at the drop of a hat and that's what I'm finding really tough going. Last time I was at the doctors he had suggested anti depressants at a low dose as I was saying everything was a bit of struggle but I declined his offer...wishing I had taken it up now ffs! :dohh: That's why it's nice coming on here and knowing that everyone is feeling just like me and that I'm not a horrible person for feeling jealous or miserable everytime someone else announces their pregnant! :hugs: It makes me feel like less of a bitch! :hissy: I've decided to go out on Friday night and get well and truly :drunk: Tired of behaving myself every month, think I need to blow of some steam and what better way than with a glass of merlot in one hand :haha:
xo Jen

Hey Cla
XO Jen

Yeah I'm feeling a lot better than I was yesterday. Going to the doctors tomorrow, thinking they may put me on antidepressants as I'm just finding everything a real struggle. Hate feeling down all the time, believe me I'm a completely normal, rational person but since we've started ttc I'm slowly losing the plot with every month that passes. My period coming every month I can cope with but it has literally been the past three months that loads of my friends have been getting pregnant at the drop of a hat and that's what I'm finding really tough going. Last time I was at the doctors he had suggested anti depressants at a low dose as I was saying everything was a bit of struggle but I declined his offer...wishing I had taken it up now ffs! :dohh: That's why it's nice coming on here and knowing that everyone is feeling just like me and that I'm not a horrible person for feeling jealous or miserable everytime someone else announces their pregnant! :hugs: It makes me feel like less of a bitch! :hissy: I've decided to go out on Friday night and get well and truly :drunk: Tired of behaving myself every month, think I need to blow of some steam and what better way than with a glass of merlot in one hand :haha:
xo Jen

oh dear i really feel for you. i cant believe how much presure we put ourselfs under when trying to have a baby.i bet your blood tests are on your mind as well so that cant be helping. it took me 7 years to get around my other half to try for another because he didnt want another he said one was enough and he got a boy so that was it.:growlmad:you have got nothing to lose going to the doctors even if you just have a talk with them and as for friday night i dont blame you as long as you have a drink for me:thumbup: and dont forget a drink for the other hand

I know Cla, I don't want my other hand feeling left out! LOL! I am thinking about the blood tests too more that I hurry up and wish they would come back! Oh well I'll get my results next Monday all being well. I've not been drinking in so long I'll probably have one and end up getting terribly drunk, oh well means a cheap night as well as a productive one! Bring on the :wine:
That must be really frustrating for you that it's taken so long to convince the OH to try but on the plus side at least now he's changed his mind. Hoping it won't take long of the BD to get a BFP have my fingers crossed! :hugs: You should take a look at my chart, too funny,:rofl: Think I've def got the hang of it now though!
XO Jen

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"