Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Hi

Just wanted to chirp in and say that I have been taking B50 since Christmas and I ov'ed on day 9 of a 23 day cycle this month, which is something of a minor miracle as I was ovulating on day 15! I can't say that it was definitely the B50 as I think my body is still settling down after the bcp (came off last summer) but even so, it can't have done any harm. So now am well into my first TWW with a 14 day luteal phase :) Yay for the neon pee!!!

Hi

Just wanted to chirp in and say that I have been taking B50 since Christmas and I ov'ed on day 9 of a 23 day cycle this month, which is something of a minor miracle as I was ovulating on day 15! I can't say that it was definitely the B50 as I think my body is still settling down after the bcp (came off last summer) but even so, it can't have done any harm. So now am well into my first TWW with a 14 day luteal phase :) Yay for the neon pee!!!

God that doesn't give you much time to get rid of AF. My period lasted for 10days just there. I would have missed Oing!

Good luck with your 2ww. When are you due on?

well I just figured out my lp is 10 days (23 day cycle) this month. Most cycles have been 23-25 days, but i've not pinpointed ov till now. last cycle was 31days which confused the hell out of me!

Anyway I got myself some 100mg ones from holland and barrat. I'm now wondering whether to just take half or the whole tab...decisions decisions. I hope it brings ov earlier - short cycles are handy for fitting in more tries I suppose! :)

Hope it works out well for you guys xxx

Don't know what to suggest. Have a look back through this thread, I know there are some girls whose cycles have messed up on 100mg but you do have a v short cycle so it might be good??

I'd say go ahead with it and good luck. Is it only B6?

Hi girls, I had a 11day lp last cycle and I am convinced I was pg,but a short lp scuppered it so I am willing to give the vits a go to try for a longer lp or bring ov forward (I don't tend to ov till cd18-20)
Do Tescos sell them? Im not going out today but Ive found some well woman vits in the cupboard and looking at the ingrediants now it says they contain 10mg of the b vitamin. Is this not enough? Ive taken one anyway,untill I can get hold of some b50.

I'd say go ahead with it and good luck. Is it only B6?

Yep, but I've got a multi b vitamin and some folic acid to take as well...or I could take pregnacare. I'll be rattling around with all these pills inside me!

btw, my temps are still very high despite spotting/light flow the last 3 days...do you think it's possible I was pregnant, but I can't keep hold of it because of the short LP? Ie not enough progesterone being produced so AF starts early???? Clutching at straws to why it's so light and early for 3 days with high temps.
Took the b-100 this morning with my other vits, looking forward to fluorescent pee!

Hi girls, I had a 11day lp last cycle and I am convinced I was pg,but a short lp scuppered it so I am willing to give the vits a go to try for a longer lp or bring ov forward (I don't tend to ov till cd18-20)
Do Tescos sell them? Im not going out today but Ive found some well woman vits in the cupboard and looking at the ingrediants now it says they contain 10mg of the b vitamin. Is this not enough? Ive taken one anyway,untill I can get hold of some b50.

Hi, I was taking a boots one but it wasn't strong enough. I got mine from holland and barrett, not expensive. B50 they are called(50mgs of all bvits). Big, orange tablets!!

good luck!

hmm, I got the b100s from Ha and B and they're small and white...how odd! About 3 quid for 90 I think??

Vit B-Complex are huge - mine are at least.

I also have a bottle of B6 100mg - now those are small and white...

My Vit B Complex 50s are huge that I find them hard to swallow but they are not as bad as my evening primrose oil tabs they are even bigger.

God that doesn't give you much time to get rid of AF. My period lasted for 10days just there. I would have missed Oing!

Good luck with your 2ww. When are you due on?

Hi - am due next Tuesday and really struggling with the 2ww! You're right, it could be a bit of an issue with the :witch:, luckily it only lasted 5 days last month. The previous few cycles it had been 7 or 8 days, which really sucked in a 23 day cycle!

Does anyone know, btw, how long you should keep taking the B50 for if you do manage to conceive?

As you may have read I've just started to take B50 since CD11 and now I'm on CD19 and I got my LH surge, which is one day earlier than normal, yeh!

Let's wait and see how long my LP is now, but I do hope I get my :bfp: before that happens though!

FX'd

You can take Vit B all through pregnancy if you want. You don't have to, won't hurt you if you do or don't, but it's commonly prescribed by doctors to help with nausea, so I'm certain you can take it.

As you may have read I've just started to take B50 since CD11 and now I'm on CD19 and I got my LH surge, which is one day earlier than normal, yeh!

Let's wait and see how long my LP is now, but I do hope I get my :bfp: before that happens though!

FX'd

Sounds positive - a step in the right direction, at least!

FX'd

Very promising, I get my LH surge on CD18 last month and I am really hoping I get it on CD17 this month which is tomorrow, fx'd. I started taking it on CD6 of this month so hopeful it has made a difference.

Ooh, Jan34 that's interesting. I think I ov'd a couple of days earlier this month too (although FF isn't certain and I had one odd temp reading). Getting fidgety now waiting until I can test!

You can take Vit B all through pregnancy if you want. You don't have to, won't hurt you if you do or don't, but it's commonly prescribed by doctors to help with nausea, so I'm certain you can take it.

Sorry, I've just re-read the thread and noticed that you have already answered that question about three times :rofl: Thank you for your patience!

I've just noticed that I have been doubling up on folic acid... didn't realise that folate was the same thing (duh), so have been taking 800 mcg a day. I've had a quick look on Google and it doesn't look like it would do much harm, although probably not a great idea over an extended period of time. Does that sound right to you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"