Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

I'm spotting too 10 dpo, execting full flow sometime soon. Seriously getting fed up of not getting pg now! looks like might have gone from 9 - 10 day luteal phase on first month of vits, i'm toying with pulling out the AC again when af comes, only did 7 days last month so may have another go!

Jo x

tell me about it i feel the same way. i fed up with people getting preg when i cant even go a full cycle with out bloody spotting:growlmad::growlmad:

Hey Cla and Jo
I'm really sorry you's are having a crap time at the minute! I totally know where you are coming from, it seems like every tom, dick and harry and their dog is just falling pregnant with no difficulties at all. Grrr, sorry but it makes you feel like slapping them and shouting why is everything to easy for you and why are things so hard for us! I honestly understand as that's how I felt all last week! :hugs:Are you on the b50's or b100's? You should maybe think about upping the dose if its a lower one you are taking. You could try the agnus castus, black cohosh or dong quai as it's supposed to help balance hormone levels. I really would advise you's to get the book Abi recommended to me, The Infertility Cure by Randine Lewis. I'm still reading it but it has so much information in there on herbs which can help balance hormones and massage and acupuncture techniques which will help. I've my first session tomorrow with a TCM practitioner. I'm super confident this is going to work. Even reading the book has helped to calm me and just not feel so negative about everything. I think reading the book would really help you's both. Even if you don't go for the acupuncture you could try to find someone who can also do the bowen technique as it's non invasive...no needles involved!

:growlmad:
Hey Cla and Jo
I'm really sorry you's are having a crap time at the minute! I totally know where you are coming from, it seems like every tom, dick and harry and their dog is just falling pregnant with no difficulties at all. Grrr, sorry but it makes you feel like slapping them and shouting why is everything to easy for you and why are things so hard for us! I honestly understand as that's how I felt all last week! :hugs:Are you on the b50's or b100's? You should maybe think about upping the dose if its a lower one you are taking. You could try the agnus castus, black cohosh or dong quai as it's supposed to help balance hormone levels. I really would advise you's to get the book Abi recommended to me, The Infertility Cure by Randine Lewis. I'm still reading it but it has so much information in there on herbs which can help balance hormones and massage and acupuncture techniques which will help. I've my first session tomorrow with a TCM practitioner. I'm super confident this is going to work. Even reading the book has helped to calm me and just not feel so negative about everything. I think reading the book would really help you's both. Even if you don't go for the acupuncture you could try to find someone who can also do the bowen technique as it's non invasive...no needles involved!

its everywhere you look babys bumps and more babys. even my bloody rabbits had babys it just takes the piss lol. :wacko::wacko:

:hugs: Oh Cla, LOL, that's really funny. I'm the same everywhere I look. Last week I was looking at all the pregnant women and mothers and babies and wondering did they have any troubles or did it just happen the first month for them. I truly believe that noone who has not gone through what everyone on this thread has gone through will ever understand the grief, pain, stress and utter heartbreak that each monthly bleed brings. It's really hard not to keep going and be positive but I was thinking last night about the way I used to be, not worrying about anything except for work things maybe and money occasionally but in general I just felt so much healthier and happier back then. So I'm taking the approach this month that I'm not going to stress about the whole babymaking process. I do truly believe that all of us on this forum will get our BFP's sooner or later but we can't put a deadline on when it'll happen and just have to stay as positive as possible each cycle. I think you should def look into the bowen technique if you're not fond of needles. As it'll help relax and calm you. :hugs:
xo Jen

:hugs: Oh Cla, LOL, that's really funny. I'm the same everywhere I look. Last week I was looking at all the pregnant women and mothers and babies and wondering did they have any troubles or did it just happen the first month for them. I truly believe that noone who has not gone through what everyone on this thread has gone through will ever understand the grief, pain, stress and utter heartbreak that each monthly bleed brings. It's really hard not to keep going and be positive but I was thinking last night about the way I used to be, not worrying about anything except for work things maybe and money occasionally but in general I just felt so much healthier and happier back then. So I'm taking the approach this month that I'm not going to stress about the whole babymaking process. I do truly believe that all of us on this forum will get our BFP's sooner or later but we can't put a deadline on when it'll happen and just have to stay as positive as possible each cycle. I think you should def look into the bowen technique if you're not fond of needles. As it'll help relax and calm you. :hugs:
xo Jen

you are so nice, i think the same is all stress to much and that doesnt help but it takes so much of your life when ttc. i really do hope you get somewhere tomorrow night and that very soon you get a bfp xx:hugs:

xo Jen

you are so nice, i think the same is all stress to much and that doesnt help but it takes so much of your life when ttc. i really do hope you get somewhere tomorrow night and that very soon you get a bfp xx:hugs:

You too Cla, if it weren't for everyone on this forum I would have gone insane by now! LOL! I know it takes over everything, I don't think I've properly concentrated in work one day since we started ttc and I'm sure that everyone else is the same. Unless you are actually talking about ttc, you are thinking about it constantly! It really is a nightmare. I'll let you know how tomorrow night goes.
Jen xo

Thanks for the comparison. That was exactly what I needed to know. I will definitely be ordering the Randine Lewis book.
Lisa

Hi ladies,

Looking for some advice. I started B6 50 on CD 2, I have had OV like cramps since CD 1 but over the past 2 days they've gotten worse and since yesterday CD 13 I've had bright pink bleeding not much at all its mainly spotting , I usually spot brown but not until at least CD 22.

I started taking the B6 to help with spotting pre AF. I haven't a clue whats going on I've being using OPKs since CD 8 incase I OV'd earlier this month, usually OV CD 13, but the line is not getting darker so don't think I'm gonna OV this month. It's just headwrecking I've been taking this to help with spotting and now I've started spotting earlier than ever before and the pains are very strong like AF cramps. I did have a very light AF last cycle could I possibly be getting AF again because of this.

Sorry for rant but all advice appreciated.:nope:

Sorry you're having a stressful time piperhalliwel. From what I've read I think it's better to take a vit B complex than just B6, although having said that some people on here just take B6 and are fine with it.
Have you thought of getting the book I've been going on about? The INfertility Cure, by Randine Lewis - it's all about the effects of Traditional Chinese Medicine on infertility and it's inspirational. All sorts of information adn suggestions. I have great faith that acupuncture will help me. Do you think it's something you could go for?

I find OPK's useless. I chart,so I' know I'm oving, but have never had a +opk. Would you try charting? Might help you a bit.

Sorry I can't be any more help than this piperhalliwel
Abi x

Thanks for the comparison. That was exactly what I needed to know. I will definitely be ordering the Randine Lewis book.
Lisa

Let me know what you think Lisa. I think the traditional chinese medicine approach is the way forward! Good luck!
xo Jen

good luck fo 2night jen:hugs:

hope everbody is ok. just wondering how everybody is getting on with there vits bs. well im 24 days in to this cycle and yeterday after spotting since day 14 i finally thought i had my af last night:happydance:, but today eveything seems to have stopped surly i cant have a coulpe of hours as my af. unless its waiting to come back on my due day which is tuesday. i havent got a clue:dohh: as anybody got any ideas. oh and ive ordered some ovalation strips off ebay to see when i do ov and if i do:nope:

Hi cla this is my first cycle of bvits, tho I was a week late starting them so just after af. i'm 11dpo today (usually have 9 day Lp) i've been having a beige tinted cm when wiping for since night before last so was sure af was on way, I feel its just bvits holding it off and trying very hard not to get optimistic and start talking about implantation because i'm very sure its not. At the same time wish af would just come now and I can have my day 2 bloods done!

Do you usually spot like that? I normally have brown discharge for about 12 hours before AF so this is different for me! Mind you i had 7 days AC too before I got scared and stopped them so that could have done something too thinking about it!

Jo x

Hi cla this is my first cycle of bvits, tho I was a week late starting them so just after af. i'm 11dpo today (usually have 9 day Lp) i've been having a beige tinted cm when wiping for since night before last so was sure af was on way, I feel its just bvits holding it off and trying very hard not to get optimistic and start talking about implantation because i'm very sure its not. At the same time wish af would just come now and I can have my day 2 bloods done!

Do you usually spot like that? I normally have brown discharge for about 12 hours before AF so this is different for me! Mind you i had 7 days AC too before I got scared and stopped them so that could have done something too thinking about it!

Jo x

how sad are we wanting our af to come, me more so. i dont usally spot this soon but i dont no if stress as helped it as well. do you think the ac helped. i might try a full cycle on the b vits complex as i only started them about day 10, to see if they do anything then i might try the ac as well

sounds quite familiar to what I did. Started b.vits and AC on cd 7, stopped the AC by cd 13 and just carried on with the vits. I woudn't imagine the vits making us spot, AC has got very mixed reviews. I can't decide wether or not to give it a proper go this month.

Well good luck to us both, if by some miracle we didn't have a next cycle that would be even better! I'm upping my vit dose from 50mg to 100mg, might just do that a month before try AC again???

x

sounds quite familiar to what I did. Started b.vits and AC on cd 7, stopped the AC by cd 13 and just carried on with the vits. I woudn't imagine the vits making us spot, AC has got very mixed reviews. I can't decide wether or not to give it a proper go this month.

Well good luck to us both, if by some miracle we didn't have a next cycle that would be even better! I'm upping my vit dose from 50mg to 100mg, might just do that a month before try AC again???

x

good luck. dont forget to let us know how you are getting on:hugs:

Soz if this has been answered but it was takin ages to trawl through this thread.
I googled monthly mouth ulcers, which I get badly, and saw that there is a link to menstruation and low progesterone so I went and bought vit b complex
to get some in my body and started it asap. This was on cd 23. I was expecting af on cd28 which was yesterday but nothing.
I know vit b can lenghten lp but would it have affect in such a short period of time?

I think that's really unlikely as B vits do their most useful work in the follicular phase, before ovulation. Are your cycles always the same length? Mine have always been 25, 27 or 31 days.
They should definitely be helpful in your next cycle though, if you have one! (PMA all the way)
Abi x

thanks for the reply Abi,
thats what i thought. My last 3 cycles have been 28 days thanks to agnus castus which regulated me, but this is not 100% i suppose.
thing is, this is killing me with curiosity. i just think i'm not pregnant but i'm not testing cos i dont want the disappointment so was just gonna wait til af comes (obv is i get to next week, this may change.) I've had other months where i've had a lot more symptom-like things than this month also.

good luck fo 2night jen:hugs:

Hey Cla
My appointment was cancelled at the last minute, the girl wasn't well so it's been reorganised until next Thursday. Gutted! Was hoping the earlier in the cycle I started to get it the quicker the response would be. Oh well, next Thursday seems like ages away but it'll roll round quick enough! Hope you're ok!
xo Jen

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->