Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

good luck fo 2night jen:hugs:

Hey Cla
My appointment was cancelled at the last minute, the girl wasn't well so it's been reorganised until next Thursday. Gutted! Was hoping the earlier in the cycle I started to get it the quicker the response would be. Oh well, next Thursday seems like ages away but it'll roll round quick enough! Hope you're ok!
xo Jen

im really sorry i bet you was gutted anyone would be and you was looking forward to it. im ok i thought my af came wednesday night but it went thursday morning. but today ive started spotting again today so i think it should be here in the next couple of days as my body feels crap:growlmad:. ive ordered some ovalation sticks off ebay to see if i can get anywhere with them this time, im not going to give up:growlmad: just wondering are you still doing your temps

good luck fo 2night jen:hugs:

Hey Cla
My appointment was cancelled at the last minute, the girl wasn't well so it's been reorganised until next Thursday. Gutted! Was hoping the earlier in the cycle I started to get it the quicker the response would be. Oh well, next Thursday seems like ages away but it'll roll round quick enough! Hope you're ok!
xo Jen

im really sorry i bet you was gutted anyone would be and you was looking forward to it. im ok i thought my af came wednesday night but it went thursday morning. but today ive started spotting again today so i think it should be here in the next couple of days as my body feels crap:growlmad:. ive ordered some ovalation sticks off ebay to see if i can get anywhere with them this time, im not going to give up:growlmad: just wondering are you still doing your temps

Yeah I have, I forgot at the weekend but started them again and from what I can see my temps are all over the place. That would def suggest hormonal inbalance. The acupuncture will sort that out though. Roll on next Thursday!
xo Jen

hey girls,

:witch: arrived at 3 this morning, actually woke me up with god awful stomach cramps :growlmad:

On a more positive note that means even without a full cycle of bvits my LP did increase from 9days to 11 days, shame about the spotting for a few days but I'm happy we going in right direction!!!

also had dr's appointment this morning, she did cd 2 blood test (early though she said it wouldn't matter) and also she made me an appointment with gynae at hospital for 2 weeks time. So this is happening much faster than I thought it would i'm pretty happy - just need to convince hubby now to get that :spermy: test or they won't see us! oh and I need to get my foof out again for a chlamydia swob some time after af. :blush:

JO x

keep me informed girlies as im not even having AF atm because of me being on the depo injection so im still awaiting AF im thinking about taking 1000mg of vit c to see if this induces my period

Hi Gals
Jen so sorry to hear you appointment was cancelled but its only another week - not long to wait. Sorry to all those who got your AF but great to hear things are starting to improve - ie - lengthening LP!!!
I began Vitamin B complex (50mg of all) half way through last cycle so not sure if it has worked with LP yet but I can tell you it seems to have had a positive effect in other things!!! I didn't get any cramping or bloating last AF which was great as I usually look like I am 3 months preggers and have everyone watching my belly and asking if I am!!! Very uncomfortable. My gums have stopped bleeding, which I had had happening everyday, I would only have to step into a hot shower - was ready to go to the dentist as it was getting worse. And my hair is starting to grow - I have what is called Alopacia where I loose clumps of hair for no reason and it is completely bald in patches - well since taking the Vit B it has started to grow back am so excited!!!
Anyone else have other good things happen since taking Vit B???
Bells

Wow, sounds like you were really deficient in B vits - what an amazing change! That's fantastic news, bells.
Abi x

Hey girlies

i am at 9DPO and don't believe i'm preggers this month, besides the BFN i got this morn there is no implantation spotting, bleeding, or cramps and i don't even have sore boobs so i'm pretty sure this month isn't the month. On the upside however i usually get bad period pain on 9DPO (at night) because i usually get my period on 10DPO and so far i have no pains at all which means i think the B-Vits are working i think. even tho the pains would probably start tonight not now but i'm trying to pretend SOMETHING good is happening because i'm fairly crushed at the moment because i know i'm not preggers. I've been ignoring the feelings all day but i think they're going to hit me any moment and i'm going to spend all night upset :cry:

oh betheney :hugs: try and stay positive, your not out until :witch: arrives! and if she does arrive then like you said your LP will be longer, I have increased 2 days on mine in first month of bvit, tho had 3 days of spotting before af.

I felt the same as you but 4 days into AF I feel better, pulled out the AC again too, I really do think I have hormonal imbalance I'm hoping it will help with!

So keep O:) theres still a good chance its your month!

Jo x

Hi, this might have been asked in this thread somewhere but I don't have time to read the whole thing, lol. Once Bvits have worked their magic, ie they've taken my luteal phase from 10 to 12 days, do you stop taking them or continue?

Hey there All
Betheney - hi sweetie try to remain positive, 9DPO is a little too early to be testing anyway and alot of gals don't get any pregnancy symptoms till later on - I know when I was pregnant (before my MC) I didn't get any sympotoms till I was at least 8 weeks.

Jo Jo-M - great news with you extending your LP!!! Well done. How much Vitamin B were you taking and was it in a complex or just B6? Good luck with the AC - it just made me cramp and spot so I stopped it.

Lindsayscoob - I am not 100% sure but I think you sho7uld keep taking the Vitamin B6 even if your LP has increased - there is a chance if you stopp you will go back to spotting early. You can safely take Vitamin B in early pregnancy - not sure what does but. They say it even helps with morning sickness.

As for me well still waiting for O am CD15 now so hope it happens soon and hoping for a BFP this month.

Bells1980

Hi Bells

I Started taking b6 20mg on its own at about cd5 then increased to 50mg after about 5 days and added in a b complex but it was from boots and not strong enough. It weird though because I started AC at the same time as bvit but stopped it after less than a week. I had extra spotting at end of AF but about 2 days, thats why I stopped it. But then I had 3 days spotting before AF this time even though LP had increased, I usually have brown spotting for 12 hours- not 3 days.

OOh now i'm all confused again about taking AC. Maybe I should have a month without it but i've taken 2 already??? Do you think it was the few AC I took thats caused this extra spotting?

Jo x

hope everybody is ok. well what can i say i STILL havent had af and its due today or tomorrow.and spotting there is a tiny bit. i had some ovalation tests come so i thought i would have a go and two lines have only come up, this cant be right can it even when i have been spotting.please help:wacko::wacko:i done 3 of them and they are all the same

hope everybody is ok. well what can i say i STILL havent had af and its due today or tomorrow.and spotting there is a tiny bit. i had some ovalation tests come so i thought i would have a go and two lines have only come up, this cant be right can it even when i have been spotting.please help:wacko::wacko:i done 3 of them and they are all the same

Hey Cla
I don't know, I've never used the opk's that close to AF. When I was doing them two lines only ever showed up the closer I got to Ov then after that they faded away. In hindsight don't know if it was because I wasn't ovulating in the first place or what the craic was. I wouldn't do anymore if I were you and just wait and see what happens in the next few days. All I've been thinking is why haven't I been ovulating???? More importantly when the hell am I going to start ovulating????? :growlmad: I've scoured the internet looking to see how having been on the pill affects ovulation and I can't find anything half way relevant. All I keep reading is that you can try straight away but some it takes up to 12 months to rectify itself. However in all these cases the individuals haven't had any AF! I always get AF (28 day cycle usually) since I stopped them in May. So frustrating!
xo Jen

Hey Cla
I don't know, I've never used the opk's that close to AF. When I was doing them two lines only ever showed up the closer I got to Ov then after that they faded away. In hindsight don't know if it was because I wasn't ovulating in the first place or what the craic was. I wouldn't do anymore if I were you and just wait and see what happens in the next few days. All I've been thinking is why haven't I been ovulating???? More importantly when the hell am I going to start ovulating????? :growlmad: I've scoured the internet looking to see how having been on the pill affects ovulation and I can't find anything half way relevant. All I keep reading is that you can try straight away but some it takes up to 12 months to rectify itself. However in all these cases the individuals haven't had any AF! I always get AF (28 day cycle usually) since I stopped them in May. So frustrating!
xo Jen

i had them come in the post so i thought wat the hell. ive done 3 altogether and they are all the same. but the thing is i have stopped spotting now. i havent got a clue. i know when you take the pill you think everything will be ok, but when you come of it thats when the s**t its t fan . your body isnt the same again:nope:

Just wanted to post my experience with b vitamins so far.

I started taking Nature Made Balanced B-50 complex about 4 days before my current cycle started. This supplement contains 50 mg of Vitamin B6 along with a balanced amount of the other B vitamins. My prenatal also contains 25 mg of Vitamin B6 so total I'm getting 75 mg.

I'm on day 19 of my cycle and recieved my first Peak reading with my Clear Blue Fertility Monitor. This would indicate I will ovulate tomorrow (will cross check with cervical mucus and basal body temperature signs to confirm).

If I truly do ovulate tomorrow, that will be 2 days sooner than I did the past 2 cycles which is good news for my luteal phase which is on the short end of things.

Also, with the last 2 cycles I spotted for about 4 days before AF arrived. I know that could mean a progesterone problem so I'm really curious to see if the B vitamins help to lessen the number of days of spotting.

Will keep you posted and thank you all for the great advice and help!

If I keep taking the BVits do I run the risk of extending my luteal phase too much? I'm worrying about every little thing, everyone here is so knowledgeable its great. And even if people don't know everyone is at least thinking and worrying about the same stuff!!

If I keep taking the BVits do I run the risk of extending my luteal phase too much? I'm worrying about every little thing, everyone here is so knowledgeable its great. And even if people don't know everyone is at least thinking and worrying about the same stuff!!

You should keep taking them at the same dose you found that works well for you, if you stop taking them, you risk going back to short luteal phase. If you keep taking the same dose, it shouldn't keep lengthening more, but stay the same. If it does lenghthen it too much, decrease the dose! Good luck!

Cla, I've heard that OPKs can show a positive if you're pregnant... or they could be dodgy... I know, from yhe sublime to the ridiculous!
Abi x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"