Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

I'm now 11 DPO with very little spotting! I'm super happy with that! I had 8 or 9 day LPs with about 4 days of spotting prior to that! I'm taking B100 complex and this has been my first full month using it. So far, I'm loving it, and have had no unwanted side effects. Definitely love the water weight loss!!

I'm now 11 DPO with very little spotting! I'm super happy with that! I had 8 or 9 day LPs with about 4 days of spotting prior to that! I'm taking B100 complex and this has been my first full month using it. So far, I'm loving it, and have had no unwanted side effects. Definitely love the water weight loss!!

That's excellent. Congrats.
Yeah, the weight loss was definitely something I noticed, during the week or so that I took the 100 mg B-Complex.
I didn't realize it was just water weight, though.
The vitamins were keeping me awake and making me shaky; I thought they were making me lose actual weight.
I was relieved when the few pounds I had dropped came back almost immediately after i quit taking the stuff!

Anyway, i'm glad it's working for you!

:dust:

Glad to hear it's working so well for you, welshkiwi and squirrelgirl. It's been great for some women and looks like it really agrees with you.
Abi x

hi ladies, i was told that i ad high prolcatin, wasnt told how high it was tho. i have been reading ur comments and brought myself some complex b from holland and barrett. i have only got the 50 tho as my LP is normally 14-16. i just wondered how long it has taken you ladies to get ur bfp from using the b-vits?? xxx

im currently 14dpo and due today but no sign yet, i kno its early but i cant help but get excited, iv had so many symptoms this month its unreal.. fingers crossed :)

Hi ladies

I wonder if anyone can help me - i'm a bit confused!

I have bought 2 types of vit B complex, but reading the ingredients, they seem to have very low levels of B6.

box 1 has 4mg B6 (plus 5mg B1, 1mg B2, and 50mg B3)
box 2 has 3mg B6 (plus 4mg B1, 3mg B2 and 40mg B3)

The dose on the boxes says take 3 a day, which would only make 9-12mg of actual B6. This isn't enough is it? Everyone is talking about 50-200mg doses. I would have to take a whole box! Or is the 50mg dose of the whole lot, so therefore just 1 pill? :wacko:

In your B complex packs, what is the actual dose of B6, and what other B vits are included. I'm wondering whether I will have to get something British shipped in.....

Also, do you take it every day or only in LP?

Thanks! :flower:

Hey Magic,
You can take B-complex throughout your cycle. I've read that it does most of its work in your follicular phase but everybody I know who takes it takes it all the time.

Holland & Barrett might be your best bet - they do 50 and 100mg caps. You take one a day. You can't get the strong ones in many places. I take H&B Mega B-100mg Timed-Release.
These are 100 mg of every Bvit, except B12 (100mcg), Folic acid 400mcg and Biotin (100mcg).
I'd imagine there are other suppliers - I know there are some in the states the american girls use - but all the others I looked at were far too low, like the ones you bought.

Abi x

Wow - they must be huge!!

Hmmmm. Will need to do some sourcing...

And no wonder it had no effect when I took them a year or so ago for the same reason! Never looked at the actual numbers then!

Just wanted to come back and update here. I used a B100 complex for the first time in January to try to lengthen my 9 day luteal phase. I happened to get pregnant that cycle! :cloud9: Unsure whether it was due to the B vits or not, but thought it was relevant here. :)

Has anyone had any 'neurological' problems whilst taking Vit B complex ???

Could it cause sciatica-type pain / syptoms just down one side (left) and a constant mild-moderate headache ?

Thanks x

Hi ladies!
Wow, this thread is long, but very helpful!
Here's my situation. I had a baby 8 months ago. AF came back at 5 months PP, but is crazy irregular (O'ed at cd24 cycle #1, cd 33 cycle #2, and my LP is only 10 days). We want to TTC baby#2, but this irregular cycle is not helping. I have to add that im still breastfeeding 5-7 times a day.
I just started B50 this morning (after reading about half of this thread last night... thankfully, as i was about to go get B6 only at the healthfood store this morning)

So, my questions
Any of you used a B complex while nursing? Did it affect your supply at all? If it did, were you able to reverse it by stopping the vits?

The pills are too big for me to swallow (Im a wimp when it comes to pills). Is it ok if i open the capsule and mix the powder with some food?

Anybody has used B50 (or 100) at the same time as vitex?

Is it ok for me to use EPO at the same time? My CM is almost non existant. Does B6 also help with CM?

Thanks ladies.
I'll come back to update the thread on how B6 is helping me (or not...)

hello, i lurk a lot, but don't post much, so please forgive the long post...

i'm on my second cycle of taking b50. before, my cycles were 28/29 days long, and i think i was ovulating on cd18 (i'm guessing from physical signs only, i don't monitor my temps and i've never had much luck with ovulation tests.), so my lp was roughly 10 days long, and i was spotting for the last couple of days.

my first cycle on b50 was 33 days long, and i think i ovulated on cd21, so my lp was 12 days, with only one day of spotting.

i'm currently on cd28 of my second cycle on b50 and i think i'm ovulating today. so the first half of my cycle seems to be increasing... my lp was longer than usual last cycle, and may well be longer this cycle (i'll have to wait and see), but has anyone else experienced much later ovulation whilst taking b50?

i'm not sure whether to continue taking it to see if it settles down? or to stop taking it?

i came off the pill in August and although my periods became quite regular after the first couple of cycles (which were quite long), my lp was short and i had lots of spotting and i'm not convinced they'd settled down properly...

any advice would be very much appreciated. i read lots about lp being lengthened with b6, but nothing about the first half of the cycle becoming so much longer! not really sure what to do for the best :( i have considered trying b100 instead... see if a higher dose would have a more positive effect and settle things down... but i'm not sure.

sorry for rambling!! once i get started, i tend to go on a bit!

I was really hoping this month would be it, but can some one have a look at my chart. I started taking B complex vitamins at the start of my cycle but after Ive ovulated my temps are really high looks great but Ive had a few BFN so I think it because if the Vitamins and not a BFP (this is my first month temping as well). can any one let me know if this can happen or have I any chance! I'm due AF tomorrow

Just wanted to come back and update here. I used a B100 complex for the first time in January to try to lengthen my 9 day luteal phase. I happened to get pregnant that cycle! :cloud9: Unsure whether it was due to the B vits or not, but thought it was relevant here. :)

you have given me hope! did you temp at all :flower:

Congrats on BFP:flower:

I'm trying to read this thread all the way through, only at page 38 though so I wanted to jump forward to post.

I had my Mirena IUD removed in Sept, had one period start naturally with 6 days of spotting before. Its a long story as to how that period went (I'll add it to my journal when I get over the fact that I typed out my whole story so far only to time out and lose it all!).

Anyway I didn't ovulate after that and my doc put me on Clomid. I've had 2 cycles on Clomid and for both of them, my temp started falling at 9-10dpo and I spot for 3 days leading up to AF. Prior to all of this, I didn't used to spot before a period. Clomid is supposed to lengthen the LP so I figure the 6 days of spotting dropped to 3 thanks to the Clomid.

This last time, my temp dropped on 9dpo and stayed right above my coverline for days, dropping .02F several days in a row. My own doctor is on vacation and the doc covering for him won't consider progesterone treatment.

I'm trying a B100 vit this cycle and will update but I just HATE that the doctor didn't care about my low temps and spotting. He said he wouldn't prescribe anything unless I had multiple early miscarriages. There's a reason I stopped seeing him and went to a new doctor...

Hi everyone!

Thought it was time to revive this post as there have been so many success stories and it could help loads of you out there. For me it has been fab as my irregular cycles have now become regular and I feel fab! :thumbup:
Not trying for a :baby: but the B50 complex has helped me with regulating my periods and my general wellbeing.
What have you got to lose? GIVE IT A GO!!
:dust: to everyone

Hey all, update for me. It seems I ovulated CD17 this cycle, so not much change there for me so far with the B100 vits. My CM was very different this cycle though and I seemed to get fertile CM for longer than previous cycles so I'm not sure what this means and if its related to the vitamins or maybe this being my 3rd round of Clomid.

Will update when I get to 11dpo since thats when the spotting usually starts.

Just found out that i have a 6-7day LP, prob due to hypothyroidism. TSH is in norm range now so doc doen't want to increase dose but not low enough for me to have a normal LP so it seems.

Just found out that B6 could help so am going to give it a go. Fingers crossed for next month's AF coming later!

Hi ladies.... this has been a really interesting read... have learnt A LOT... I was more concerned about actually ovulating...and catching it in time... I didn't realise that the length of the actaul luteal phase was an issue too... what a bummer... so having only worked it out once (don't know when I ovulated last month!)... my LP was only 6 days long which obviously isn't good.... so reading this thread, I gather Vit B6 tablets are the way forward?.. I already take the pregnacare conceiving Wellwomen tablets so will see how much B6 is in that.. otherwise can anyone suggest how much B6 I should take... and what other recommendations do you have please?...

Any advice would be appreciated x

Girls just make sure you take a supplement with all the B vitamins in it and not just one on its own. its better that way. so look for Bcomplex I got mine in Tesco :flower:

Girls just make sure you take a supplement with all the B vitamins in it and not just one on its own. its better that way. so look for Bcomplex I got mine in Tesco :flower:

Just wondering which ones you got from Tesco, is it their own brand, how many mg of the B6 are in that? Have you found them useful?
Curious as I was looking their vit range the other day and ended up confused so just wandered to the sweetie section lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->