Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Thanks so much for that. I have edited my above post to include my chart (sorry!).

Sorry you've got low progesterone, I really hope the suppositories help you. I've seen them work wonders for a friend of mine.

hey I looked at your chart. It says that almost every single day you adjusted your temp?
I am curious if your positive OPKs at CD25 could have been positive for pregnancy (it would have been 9dpo from a Cd16 ovulation?)
Basically, with all those patches of EWCM and the adjusted temps, its hard to say what is going on, ovulation or not.

Maybe get your blood checked 7 days before your next period to see if your progesterone indicates ovulation?

The problem is, 7 days before my next period is 2 days before ovulation at the moment!! lol

Yes, I do adjust my temp a lot as I wake within 2hrs each day. So they're not way out, but are often out by a maximum of an hour if you see what I mean.

I don't think I'm pregnant as I've just finished a 3 day AF (same as before) so I can't imagine an egg managing to implant and hang on through all of that.

Confusing or what! Anyway I have bought some b-complex vits to make sure I'm getting B12 as well and will try with those now.

Thanks Lisa :)

Just found this HTH!

What foods provide vitamin B6?

Excellent sources of vitamin B6 include spinach, bell peppers, and turnip greens.

Very good food sources of vitamin B6 include garlic, tuna, cauliflower, mustard greens, banana, celery, cabbage, crimini mushrooms, asparagus, broccoli, kale, collard greens, Brussels sprouts, cod and chard.

Oooh nice one, thanks! I eat quite a lot of those things :D

Is anyone else's pee BRIGHT yellow? I know I'm a bit dehydrated but it usually goes darker not bright. I think it might even glow in the dark ;)

B vits DEFINITELY make your pee glow !!! Lol.. its pretty funny.

budda - I mentioned pregnancy that you might have had a chemical pregnancy, not that you still were. OPKs can detect pregnancy and CM changes could also mean pregnancy... so getting that only a few days before your period might have been pregnancy, not ovulation.
I know you can't always temp at the same time, but they STRONGLY recommend that you not adjust your temp more than once in a while, so doing it every day can really make your chart hard to interpret. I wake up and pop my thermometer in then go back to sleep on weekends so that my temp is always the same time... any way you can do that?
If not, then you should really get your progesterone checked at 7dpo... I know you think you ovulate only 3-4 days before your period, but your chart MIGHT be wrong with all those adjustments. Either way, if your period is coming less than 10 days after ovulation, you have no hope of implanting.

I'm not sure how much of this may be interference with your nursing.. prolactin can cause you not to ovulate at all. I'm really not an expert on TTC while nursing.

Thanks for that, I see what you mean.

Well I went back and un-adjusted all the temps from last cycle (honestly, some of them were only adjusted a small amount but still) and it's pretty much the same. I still don't agree with FF who thinks I oved on CD25 (I think CD26) because I had all the awful aches and pains that I had the month before and that definitely WAS ov so...

Yes, as for the BFing - prolactin suppressed progesterone production so I won't get a proper LP until the prolactin starts ebbing. Which is what the vitamins are for. I'm watching my supply very closely and it doesn't seem to have been affected. If it does start to taper off I will stop the vits as BFing is more important to me than another baby at the moment but if I can have my cake and eat it...

Thanks so much for all your help with this Lisa :)

No problem! It must be frustrating to have to choose between the BFing and and a new baby. Thing is... I thought that when you GET pregnant, the milk supply can dry up... so even if you keep it flowing while you are TTC, wouldn't you possibly stop producing milke once you get pregnant? I mean, its not a sure thing, but it can cause contractions etc and a few months in you'll start making the colostrum instead of the breastmilk. Not sure I know what I'm talking about here, just that if BFing is very important to you, a pregnancy could put that at risk, you know?

B vits DEFINITELY make your pee glow !!! Lol.. its pretty funny.

How random, I have a short LP and think I have low progesterone so have been taking B6 and my pee is luminous!!

I actually got very excited once because my pee suddenly STOPPED glowing when I was 7dpo or so... I thought it might be a sign that my body was grabbing extra vit B to support a pregnancy, lol.
Wishful thinking on my part! :)

Hello ladies, this was the post that led me to sign up to B&B - I have read every single post (over a 2-3 days period!). I started taking agnus castus (tincture) and 50mg B6 on day 13 of this cycle. This was my first month of using OPK's, (started using them as I suspected I had a short luteal phase) and so after negatives OPK's up to this point I started taking B6 and AC. (At this point I wasn't aware that some people say that you should stop AC after ovulation). I started temping on day 14 and a week later I was convinced I still hadn't ovulated, but some lovely ladies on here thought that looking at my temps I'd ovulated on day 15. As I hadn't BD'd anywhere around then it was highly unlikely I'd be pg so I continued taking the AC to 'build it up' ready for my next cycle!

I'm also taking Berroca which has more than the RDA of all the B vitamins as well as zinc so this is why I've started with 50mg B6 instead of B-complex, although I may consider this for future cycles.

Anyway, getting back to the point of this rather long, waffly post - I've had spotting for the last 4 days and today is now day 27 with more spotting but no AF yet! Temp dipped this morning and did a pg test just to check (BFN), but it looks like I've extended my luteal phase from 10 days to at least 11 days after taking both AC and B6 for only 2 weeks!!

WOOP! x Fingers crossed for next month!

MrsJersey - glad to hear its working for you. This thread is also what lead me to BnB and I've really enjoyed so much about this site.

Excellent news Mrs Jersey.

And Lisa, you're right, sometimes pregnancy can cause fluctuations in milk but I think most people who stop BFing stop because of the evil tender nipples that pregnancy brings.

I know oxytocin released during BFing sessions is the same hormone that contracts the uterus during labour/afterpains but I figure, if nature means me to get pregnant (and keep it) then it won't be a problem. I know technically I'm messing with nature by taking B vits and AC but still :lol:

Excellent news Mrs Jersey.

And Lisa, you're right, sometimes pregnancy can cause fluctuations in milk but I think most people who stop BFing stop because of the evil tender nipples that pregnancy brings.

I know oxytocin released during BFing sessions is the same hormone that contracts the uterus during labour/afterpains but I figure, if nature means me to get pregnant (and keep it) then it won't be a problem. I know technically I'm messing with nature by taking B vits and AC but still :lol:

Hehe, no judgement here. I understand where you are coming from.. I just remember hearing that you 'can't' BF while pregnant so I looked it up.
At this point I feel nature has failed me :haha: and I'll do whatever it takes to make nature bend to my will and get me pregnant.

Absolutely. And I know Clomid has excellent results but here's hoping your body has been kick-started and will do it naturally now.

I'm on CD13 now but not hopeful that I'll ov any time soon as it was CD26 last time but here's hoping the B vits have done something at least!

I've finally realised that the link to your chart is your ticker (just call me 'lightening' lol) and I'm really sorry about your last cycle :( Fingers crossed today gives you a nice fat +OPK!!!
x

I'm expecting the positive OPK today. Having fertile CM and my temp has stayed down and almost stabilized for the past 3 days. (Seriously considering switching to vaginal temping to see if thats why my temps are all over the place but they weren't THIS bad on the Clomid).
I don't regret the Clomid because I was not ovulating on my own and I ovulated all 4 times and then after those 4 at least once on my own and its looking good for this time also. I'm just so frustrated with my low progesterone.
(US figures are a 5 minimum for ovulation, a 10 is 'normal' for natural cycle and a 15 is normal for stimulated cycles like Clomid).
3rd Clomid cycle, 5dpo my progesterone was 6.5
4th Clomid cycle, 8dpo my progesterone was 8.8
1st natural cycle, 7dpo my progesterone was 6.9

I had started on B vitamins at the start of the 3rd Clomid cycle. So they haven't lengthened my LP or improved my BBT temps or improved my blood progesterone. My spotting has improved but that could also be because I suspect I had a chemical pg on my last 2 cycles. (had some confusing tests that were most likely positive but were not perfectly clear... its a long story, lol). The cycle before last my doctor put me on progesterone suppositories as soon as I got that test so you can see my temp recovered and AF stayed away... got a blood test done after a few days and it was negative though.

It must be so frustrating for you! But that 4th cycle your progesterone was higher so maybe the Clomid has kick started your body or shaken it up a bit or something?

With the suppositories, I always thought they give them to you to use as soon as you've ovulated and then if you test positive after 14 days (or whatever) then let you off them so you can have AF. Clearly I'm wrong but you're right, your pre-ov temps are really rocky! Last cycle were fairly rocky too I suppose but these ones are mountainous! Maybe try vaginal temping if this cycle doesn't happen.

I've never tried it myself as I never knew whether my temps were crazy because I was doing it wrong or because of the BFing. Don't know if you can see this link but this was my long cycle waiting for AF to return after birth. Came off the pill Jan 14th and temped every day since then lol https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/chartgraph_module.php?d=2010-01-14&mode=a&ts=1278134088

Hope you got your +OPK yesterday. Mine today (as of 1245) is a bit stronger so maybe tomorrow! Or maybe it'll make me wait until CD26 again which is more likely...

Your link sent me to one of my own charts.
My temps have been getting less stable since I went off clomid.
Not looking good so far for ovulation. I usually get a positive OPK by now. But on the plus side my temps have been staying low and I'm having some ovulation-area cramping... so maybe I'm just going to O a little late.

Oh sorry about that. It takes me to one of mine so I don't know what's going on there but here it is

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g155/helenrees/Random/chartgraph_modulephp.png

Sorry you've not got a positive OPK yet. Maybe your body will just take a little longer to get it together without the clomid? Fingers crossed for you, the CM and temps are looking promising!!

buddabun - thanks for the PMA... not looking so hot though.. fertile CM seems to be fading away and still no positive OPK.. temp started going up again a little... going to get less stable again perhaps?? Not sure. Big Bummer though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->