Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

You can take Vit B all through pregnancy if you want. You don't have to, won't hurt you if you do or don't, but it's commonly prescribed by doctors to help with nausea, so I'm certain you can take it.

Sorry, I've just re-read the thread and noticed that you have already answered that question about three times :rofl: Thank you for your patience!

I've just noticed that I have been doubling up on folic acid... didn't realise that folate was the same thing (duh), so have been taking 800 mcg a day. I've had a quick look on Google and it doesn't look like it would do much harm, although probably not a great idea over an extended period of time. Does that sound right to you?

Theres no harm in taking that volume of FA a day. I think you can take up to 1000mcg a day. I was taking 400mcg a day and then it went up to 800mcg as there was also 400mcg in my B50s. But I have stopped taking the FA tablet until after ov. I will be getting 400mcg through my B50s then I'll stop taking them when I ov and go back to the FA.

I take 800mcg everyday and could go up to 1mg easily. Taking less is more of a problem than taking more. Folic Acid is a B vitamin and B vitamins are water soluble. The excess comes out in your pee.

Ooh, Jan34 that's interesting. I think I ov'd a couple of days earlier this month too (although FF isn't certain and I had one odd temp reading). Getting fidgety now waiting until I can test!

I know how you feel Leila Fee. I have 3 days until FF says I can test.... but.... if we've lengthened lp, which is the aim of the vits, I guess we won't really know when we can reliably test! Will you test afer your usual LP length?

I'd test 12dpo earliest if you can wait. What was your previous LP length?

11 days. So I guess 12 is right..... but I just know I won't be able to wait that long! I always think I will and then give in :dohh:

Are you taking B50?

I had an 11 day LP with spotting before I started B Vits. I now have a 14-15 day LP.

Yep - that's the one. Wow - that's a big increase in lp :dance: So.... note to self..... be patient this month. I can see myself getting thru a lot of pee sticks! How long you been taking the B vits for? This is my 1st complete cycle taking them.

I wonder why my signature is not included? You should check my chart. I think maybe 4 cycles ago? Must re-check that though.

Here's the link to my chart on FF:
FF Chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/22629e

Edit: Yup four.

Hi ladies,

I have heard Vitamin B6 is also used to treat PMS (not sure) .... anyone can shed light on this>???

cheers,

Keerthy

Hi Everyone! I came across this site while looking up info on B6. I was so happy to find your thread b/c I too am in the same boat with LP issues. I am currently ttc #2. It took me 1 1/2 yrs to conceive our first child from what I think was LD defect. I am a spotter. Unfortunately I spot from about 3dpo up until af. I just started taking 100 mg of B6 along with my prenatal vitamin and tried vitex this month for the first time. Not sure what is going to come of this, but I would love to stay on and chat with you all if that is okay?!?!
Questions: I didn't take a B-complex b/c I was concerned with the combination of folic acid. My prenatal has 800 in it and if I took the B-complex it was another 400. That concerned me. Should I just keep taking the B6 along with the prenatal or switch to a complex? Also, has anyone read about taking it if you are pregnant? Is 100mg too much once you are pregnant?
Thanks for your help!

Well, I got my LH Surge today, well at 1.30am this morning (the POAS addict in me tested before going to bed). That is one day earlier than last month. Today is CD17 and I got my first + opk last month at CD18. Either that or I have misjudged the first day of my cycle and maybe I am one day ahead of than what I think. It's because I had spotting at the start and I got a little confused at what was CD1.

Babyluv-
1mg or 1000mcg, and that is a very common dosage in prescription prenatals - I asked the pharmacist/chemist early on because I was also taking a high dose of folic acid. I asked my own doctor and she said up to 2mg (2000 mcg) was safe. I know all the B Vits are water soluble and the excess comes out in your pee. Folic Acid is a B vit.

I'd recommend B Complex though - taking similar levels of all B's help your body absorb the other B vits. You waste a lot by taking just B6 alone and taking only one or a few B Vits in high doses alone can cause a deficiency in other B Vits. A deficiency in B12 has been linked to miscarriage.

One question to all ya ladies.... posted this in preg & ovulation tests gallery... but thought I shall ask you guys too....

Can you see a line in these pics...? sorry for the poor quality.... but the pink line was more obvious to naked eye than the cam... and came up within 3-5 mins time line. I am posting pics which I took when the test was working and was still wet!

https://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa27/keerthy83/DSCF2483-1.jpg

https://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa27/keerthy83/DSCF2483.jpg

Any advice? Faint positive or an Evap???? am going mad... :hissy::hissy:

Fingers crossed!!!!!!!

I see a faint line hun

How many dpos are u?

Congratulations

I see a faint line hun

How many dpos are u?

Congratulations

I dunno if it is a positive!!!! trying not to get my hopes up!!!!

I am 9/10/11 DPO..... got OPK + for 2 days!
I used FMU..... and was shocked!

Will keep testing until.. I get an obvious one!

So scared atm!

No definately positive, fx'd for a sticky bean.

Take a FRER to ease your mind but I think it's your month hun, well done.

No definately positive, fx'd for a sticky bean.

Take a FRER to ease your mind but I think it's your month hun, well done.

Hopefully !!!!
I changed from Sanatogen pronatal to Pregnacare conception 4 days back. ,... would that make any difference???
I also started taking B50...... to lengthen my LP (is about 11 - 12 days)

I am scared ..... as yet to accept it!!!!
Will re-test everyother day... n see how it goes!

thanks honey! :hug::hug::hugs::hugs::hug:

Ok this is wierd..I still havn't got hold of any Bcomplex vits,but Im still taking the wellwoman ones,which contain smaller amounts of b vitamins. I usually ov late on in my cycle,around cd18-20..Im cd 10 today and Ive done an opk and there are 2 lines there,came up really fast too!! Not a positive,as they arn;t the same darkness,but still..a start?! Coincidence or what?

Ok this is wierd..I still havn't got hold of any Bcomplex vits,but Im still taking the wellwoman ones,which contain smaller amounts of b vitamins. I usually ov late on in my cycle,around cd18-20..Im cd 10 today and Ive done an opk and there are 2 lines there,came up really fast too!! Not a positive,as they arn;t the same darkness,but still..a start?! Coincidence or what?

It may get darker later or tomorrow. I normally get Ov around CD18-20 and this month I think it may have been CD17/18 and I have been only taking B50's for 12days (started on CD6).

Hi

Just wanted to update on bvits...

Been taking b50 for just over a month. Cycle stayed same length but ov moved from day 18 to day 14.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->