Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

I know what you girls mean about the warnings from birth control. I was told up to the day I had my Mirena removed that I could get pregnant the moment it is out of me (the main reason I chose this birth control and the reason I didn't get it removed ahead of time)... though there isn't any evidence that the IUD messes with fertility afterwards, some doctors still think you have to give it a few months after removal for your body to get back into the swing of things.

Soy is called 'nature's clomid' by some. It really should not be taken unless you know your thyroid is fine and it seems to help some women but has no effect or worsens some women's cycles.

My acupuncturist put me on Vitex which she says helps with progesterone after ovualation which would help your LP. Maybe consider that? It can't be taken with clomid or anything, but it helps some. I also have read a bit about Maca helping.

If you're still only a few months off BCP then I'd wait though... you really want your body to get back to normal on its own... because the last thing you need is anything else messing you up! Then you won't know if its the BCP, an underlying fertility issue, or the herbs you tried, lol!

Hey Mrs F, sounds like we're in the same boat. Why didn't 'they' tell us it would take a while to get the BCP out of our systems? Everytime my O day moves forward I get all excited thinking this will mean my luteal phase will be longer but that's never the case. It seems like my cycle just seems to get shorter lol. And I've been on BCP since I was 18, mainly because I had acne and went onto Diane to contol it. It certainly fixed that problem. Now that's coming back! :blush: TMI! Greasy hair, zitty back and fat red spots on my face :( yuk.

Oh well, if it all ends in a :baby: it's worth it! Aug will be our acctual 1st month TTC officially so fingers crossed. Thought I'd give myself a few months to chart and get to know my body a bit, and lucky I did cause if we go by the 'textbook' days of when to BD it might never happen.

Mybe the cramps are O pains? I have never felt those so wouldn't know. Hope you O soon..., I'll keep an eye on your chart. :) I read the soy forum just out of interest, and I think I read that if you're ovulating and your luteal phase is of a 'normal' length then you shouldn't take it case it could screw things up. I thought of taking it to fix my luteal phase but I think I might give myself a few more cycles off BCP and TTC for a few months before I go down that route. It's a little more drastic than vit B and I don't want to mess too much with my cycle just yet.

Lisaf good luck with the higher dose of Clomid and the HCG!

Merry, hang in there, hope your DH's SA goes well, how long before you get the results?

The Dr. messed him around, so he went in the morning and then had to go back later. They gave him a pot and some info. He is going to take the sample to the lab tomorrow, so should hear back within the week but not sure exactly. Hopefully it will be a nice sample, fully fertile and swimming.

I went over to my friend this evening, a group of us get together for craft night. My friend has a 9 month old baby, was dreading it to be honest and thought about cancelling. I went in the end and got to hold and play with the baby. It made me really want to have a baby more but also made me realise that even if I don't ever have a child that I can still have children in my life. That sounds a little like I'm giving up hope, which I'm not but I need to realise that I'm not only about being a mother. There is more to me than that and focussing on one part of my life like I have been for the last few days is not healthy.

Hos is the music course going Crissie? I think residential courses can be great fun but very tiring. You missed a beautiful day in London today, I see on your avatar thing thats where your from. I spent most of it in my office but it was lovely. :hugs:

Hi from Durham, just fell into bed, the course is going ok. I often feel like I don't fit in though, things can become a bit pretentious... Tonights lecture was tourture! Had no idea what he was going on about, just had to pretend lol.

Merry you are so lucky to have had a lovely day, here it's a bit cooler, having to wear a cardi and a jacket... I'm acctually South African and have been living in London for just over 5 years. I still really feel the cold :cold:!

Well hope your DH's swimmers are swimming strong for the sample. And you're so right about trying not to let TTC take over. But I know how hard that can be. When you want a baby it's hard to have patience. BTW craft night? What you making?

Hey Lisaf, I've just started Maca this cycle and making my DH take it too. I decided to try it cause after researching it, found out it's not a herb or berry like vitex but acctually a food so it doesn't affect your glands directly. You can take it right through your cycle and there are no known side effects. Thought why not, it's also supposed to increase your Libido and general energy levels. And it's been know to possibly increase your EWCM, which I have none of. Will let you guys know how I get on with it this cyle.

Ok, got to :sleep: now. Bye for now :hug:

Yeah craft night is a weekly feature of my week, some girly friends sit around trying to make stuff:) I'm currently knitting a cardi for myself but have temp stopped that to make a quick pair of baby booties for my friend who is expecting her first.
If you nod every so often in lectures people assume you are following:) sure you'll do great.
Interested to see if the maca has an effect on CM as that is some thing I also lack. Giving the honey and cinnamon eating a go, I love honey but haven't eaten it too much as been trying to avoid sweet things but any excuse for eating honey I'll take. Gad cinnamon omlette with honey for breakfast. Tasted great.
Not sure still when we get the results for SA but prayingits all fine.

The B50 B-complex vitamin I just got has the following vitamin amounts:

Vitamin B1 50 mg
Vitamin B2 50 mg
Vitamin B3 50 mg
Vitamin B6 50 mg
Folic Acid 400 mcg
Vitamin B12 50 mcg
Biotin 50 mcg
Pantothenic Acid 50 mg

(Notice that some amounts are in mg, or milligrams, and other amounts are in mcg, or micrograms.)

Is it OK to take this B-complex while on a two week wait?

medicine - should be totally fine. Those are pretty low doses. Some doctors even recommend vit B for morning sickness so its obviously safe for pregnancy.

The only thing to worry about are mega-doses... 200mg+
You might also want to check and make sure you're not overdoing the folic acid. Lots of prenatals are pretty high already. Up to 1000 should be safe, more than that and you should just double-check with your doctor.

medicine - should be totally fine. Those are pretty low doses. Some doctors even recommend vit B for morning sickness so its obviously safe for pregnancy.

The only thing to worry about are mega-doses... 200mg+
You might also want to check and make sure you're not overdoing the folic acid. Lots of prenatals are pretty high already. Up to 1000 should be safe, more than that and you should just double-check with your doctor.

Thanks for the reply. I think that the folic acid dose would be 1200 mcg. What would result from taking too much folic acid?

That much folic acid should be fine, up to 2000 is generally ok. I agree with my friend above about the safe levels of b vits. Please report back on any changes you notice:) Good luck to you

I should add that I got 2000 as an ok level from a book but your doc will give you much better advice than me!

Hi everyone, just wanted to say for any new people reading this thread that I started taking a vitamin b complex (just tescos own) last month and it stopped my usual 2-3 days of spotting and my lp went up to 14 days from 12 and I normally spotted around 10/11 dpo!!

so even though the old witch arrrived at least she arrived without spotting! Have been taking maca too which could have contributed but had been on that 2 months previously so reckon it was the vit b. Am 11dpo today so waiting to see what happens this cycle.

Was sooooo worried about my spotting, thinking the worse and am glad I found this thread so thanks to who started it!

And Chrissie, regarding the maca and ewcm, I normally either take EPO or drink grapefruit juice to help with ewcm and this month I didn't take either of those as didn't have any and still had loads of ewcm which I reckon was the maca so hope it helps you!

Thanks ticktock glad to hear some +ve feed back. Hopefully the bit b will help us all, fx for all of us

Thanks ticktock! I have the same problem with the 9/10 day LP of which 3 days is spoting and I've been on the b's for one and a half cycles, nothing changed this last cycle. Now on the maca so will see. Guess it dosn't work for everyone or maybe it takes a while to kick in.

Have you just come off BCP? I wonder if that could be the reason for all this, and our bodies are just adjusting? But it's been 3 months and I've charted for all three and it looks like it's a pattern.

Good luck for this cycle, hope it's the one :)

Hey Merry, baby booties cute, you must knit really well, thoes are difficult things to make, unlike a scarf, which is probably all I could manage :haha:

thanks chrissie, hope its my cycle too!

I think the maca and vit b are the right combination for me so its prob about finding the right combo for you. I also drink rapberry leaf tea up til ov and its helped a little bit but didn't do much on its on but all together I think I've found my cocktail lol

I came of bcp nearly 2 yrs ago and wasn't ttc so didn't take much notice of my lp but my cycles did take a long time to settle down in terms of length. I'd been on it for over 10 yrs as had such bad periods as a teen. I had a short stint on the depo injection but the less said about that the better lol it as EVIL!!!!

wish I had paid more attention to my cycles now lol but I was told can take a year for the bcp to fully get out of our systems so prob will take a few months for cycles to even out.

Hi Ladies

Ticktock I'm so glad you figured out the right combination for you. Hoping there is a big fat positive test around the corner for you!

Chrissie I am interested to see how you go with maca, I might add that to my cocktail next month if you have success with it.

Well I have good news! I got some EWCM this morning which is 3-4 days earlier than last month!! Hoping this means my ov date will move forward and my luteal phase extends. Watch this space!

Chrissie I definitely think my problems are due to being on BCP for so long. Hoping my body sorts itself out quickly. I published my chart from last month on fertility friend and it stands out half a mile when I look through the chart gallery. Its such a sad little chart with its 6 day luteal phase and low temps!! Hopefully my body can do better this month. My temps have been a little more erratic this month which I am hoping is a good sign.

I was explaining to OH yesterday about whats going on with my body, because I have been so miserable I think he thought we had zero chance for kids! I told him its ok, I am ovulating which is the main thing and that my body probably needs a few months to get into gear again. He said if there were any vitamins I needed we should work out what foods are rich in those vitamins and we could eat them together. Then he made me breakfast in bed this morning. What a star!

Ok I have rambled on enough, I will let you ladies know how I get on with ov in a few days. Fingers crossed my body is picking up.

Baby dust to you all, I really like this thread and I know we will all succeed!! :thumbup:

Also I forgot to say - Chrissie best of luck with your first month actually trying! How fantastic would it be if your luteal phase extends by a couple days due to the maca and you get your BFP first month! Fingers crossed for you xx

Mrs F. You said your temps are low, can I ask what they generally are? My temps are generally 36.2 C but this morning was 35.8, which I think is usually low. Just want to compare with others. I think I have had one thermal shift where it went up to 36.8 degrees for a few days but it wasn't convincing enough to believe I ovulated.
I have the day off work for no reason today, having the girlies round tomorrow night for movies and pop corn :) DH away for weekend. So have a weekend of chilling and cheering myself up in store. Going to the Bath Spa Sunday as well!

Hey Merry sounds like a great weekend you have in store! :thumbup:

Last month my temps pre-o were around 36.2 and then after o were 36.6. They were only up that high for 5 days or so. Does my link to the chart in my sig show last months or just this months? I definitely ovulated, as I had EWCM, positive OPK and the thermal shift, which FF picked up, but the thermal shift wasn't that great really, so it mustn't have been a very strong egg.

This month I have had a bit more variation in my pre-o temps, they have gone a bit lower and a bit higher than last month. Hoping this is an improvement but I guess I won't know until after Ov or until AF arrives.

Today I wanted to buy some B6 , but the shop only have Vitamin B complex, is this ok?

Also I have had one really low temp like your 35.8 before but it was when I stayed in a hotel room. Was anything different today? I think a bit of variation is a good thing from looking at charts of regular cycles. They tend to go up and down a bit more than my chart did last month. But I have only been charting for 1.5 months so I don't really know anything!

Hi TaNasha, it is better to buy the complex than the B6 on its own. B6 on its own I believe it not good as you need the other vitamins to balance it. Are you trying to lengthen your luteal phase? If so make sure you buy a B50-complex (or B100-complex depending on how strong a dose you want).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->