Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Ahhh a true POAS addict :haha:

I think DH is getting worried about me, I tend to mention somthing about TTC everyday to him, he said I shouldn't stress myself out. I keep telling him I'm not stressed and that I'm just fasinated about how everything works and getting to know my body etc. But he's not convinced, I think I'm stressing him out, and he's staring to feel pressured. :(

I'm not sure he'll ever really understand how I feel, is it a guy thing? He says that woman are more preoccupied about having kids than men. I tried to tell him that there are loads of men that are dying to have kids. I don't think he wants this as much as I do. Maybe he says these things because he's worried that it won't happen?

Anyway, he's been dropping these comments for a while now and I just had to vent.

Thanks for listening...

What is a poas addiction?

I know how you feel about your other half being not as into ttc as we are on here. I think it's because it's our bodies, we get reminded of ttc every day and have some sort of symptoms due to hormones every day. Seemingly for me the days after ovulation I break out in spots, that's new to me and while exciting also a pita!

I talk to DH about it last night, he said he really does want us to have a child and it's not just all me. I think the SA result has changed his attitude. Before he was like why chart, why worry it'll just happen. I think this is due to his first child being an accident, he thought of course it would happen. He also didn't realise that if we don't BD on the day of ovulation that the chances of conception are lower. At least he knows now and hopefully next cycle will understand more why I'm so interested in cycles etc.
It did help talking to him, not sur it would help with your other half? Is he a talker or the silent type. Maybe he is just feeling left out that your body is doing all these amazing thongs and his isn't giving him any signs at all:)

poas = pee on a stick :) I'm addicted in that I have the urge to poas when I logically know there really is no use to doing it. I buy HPTs and OPKs in bulk and test multiple times a day. Always using ICs of course. I figure I spend about the cost of 2 FRERs on all my sticks a month... so I don't feel too bad.

Carrie - I think Merry is right - TTC is something that is on our minds 24/7 (and being a BnB addict just feeds the obsession). We're constantly watching our bodies for all kinds of signs, taking our temps etc... When in the 2ww we are on high alert for symptoms.
Guys just have to make sure they perform when required, then wait to hear if a test is positive.
Though my DH is less patient than I am for the HPTs... every month he asks me about 5dpo 'so have you taken a test yet'? And I have to remind him and explain when the earliest a test could possibly come up etc etc.

I don't talk to him about it every day because I dont' think he could stand it... I cannot for example use the word 'mucus' with him, I have to remember to call it 'fluid' or else he ends the conversation right then and there :haha:
Early on he told me that maybe I shouldn't be online, that it was just upsetting me, making me obsess more... I burst into hysterical tears, lol.. this online community is how I stay sane and keep from pestering him too much.

I have let him be the guide... if he's curious or if I'm stressing out and he asks why, I'll give him a little mini education.

Hi Merry I don't think the cbfm works for everyone. some times i get nothing but lows then a peak. nothing wrong with opk strips even cheap ones. i have started temping as the cbfm doesn't guarentee u ov anyway.

crissie i am sorry to hear ur mood is low. don't know what to say to cheer u up but i will just send u a :hugs:

i agree with researching because i have leant so much about ov'ing & about my body. thanks to u lovely ladies i have learnt that my lp is only 10 days. well ladies, nothing to report. even went surfing today! fx fx fx 1st month using b vit complex (cheap one). but please dont get to excited for me i gave up symptom spotting months ago as i have been trying for 1.5 yrs now. u cud say i am spotting changes after taking b vit complex and if witchy rat stays away i would have increased my lp by at least a day. wooohooo! baby dust to all.

ps. lisaf u amaze me with ur knowledge. thanks

star-bex - thanks, I've always been a know-it-all ;) I expect to be the same when I'm pregnant, lol. Thank goodness for the internet and the wealth of knowledge out there, I don't have the patience for the library!

I passed on the cbfm because I found OPKs that worked well for me - figure its a lot cheaper (though who knows... if it takes me much longer TTCing, I may spend the price of a monitor anyway!)

Well i think AF is on her way as had a bit of blood stained browny CM just now, which means my LP would be only 6 days this months without the B6, i dont know whether to start the b6 again or use a vit B complex???
What would you guys recommend?
I'm expecting AF to start properly in the morning, and its my birthday :'(

could it be implantation bleeding?
I know its a lot to hope for.
I do wonder if the late ovulation might have somehow been responsible for the short LP? And that might not have been related to the B vits at all? :(

Jazzy - I started taking vit b complex recently and during this cycle and found I have ov'd much later than usual too. I'm now praying that AF doesn't arrive in the next few days as predicted, as this would be my shortest luteal phase ever!

Hey Jazzy, it's best to take B6 with B12 so a complex is much better than B6 on it's own. It's not good to take it on it's own.

Anyway Lisaf could be right, your delay could be unrelated.:flower:

Well i think AF is on her way as had a bit of blood stained browny CM just now, which means my LP would be only 6 days this months without the B6, i dont know whether to start the b6 again or use a vit B complex???
What would you guys recommend?
I'm expecting AF to start properly in the morning, and its my birthday :'(

I would say use a complex as the complement each other, I read there can be problems just taking the one b vit. Causes an imbalnce of them and problems.

Sorry it didn't work out for you this cycle, :hugs: Also you could try changing your doseage, 100mg or 50mg depending on what you were taking before. Good luck

Hey guys!
Good to see such positive vibes. Lisaf congrats on your test results! Like merry I'm not too sure what it means but it sounds good! Your chart is looking good fingers crossed for a BFP for you in a couple days!!
Crissie hope the spotting stays away! :af:

Nothing much happening with me, we went to vertigo bar last night in Bank - nice view! Shared a bottle of wine with DH, since AF is upon me thought I would have a drink. Good times! :drunk:

Hmmmm wine. Glad you had a good night out, nice to let your hair down.:thumbup:

I had a rather stressful day at work when the doctor dropped and broke a piece of equipment half way thorugh surgery!!! It all went ok in the end but drove me half mad! So I went to borough market and got some yummy egg custard tarts. Naughty but sooooo nice :):haha:

Merry, Lisaf thanks so much for the advise guys, feeling much better after the pep talk, really needed that. I think it's best to lay low on the TTC talk with DH, and you're right this website really helps to let it out IYKWIM. :flower: :hugs:

Star-bex thanks hun, I so felt that hug! :kiss:

hi every1 i was just wondering if anyone could help me ive just taken my 2nd round of clomid 50 mg and just got my 21 day progesterone test results bck and i am at 28 my doc says that she would like them to be at 30 so has upped my clomid to 100mg from next month....altho she didnt let me know what this means does 28 mean i wont have ovulated been lookin it up and sum say alot less is ok so confused?? any help would be greatful...im not charting as stressed out enough with it all!!!lol thanks gals.xx

hey teza - 28 means you ovulated for sure. Women who don't ovulate get 2s or lower!
I'm a little surprised they're going to up the dose when your'e just a little shy of the 'normal' amount of 30 but that is what they seem to do over in the UK.
First its important that your bloodwork be done 7 days after ovulation, not just day 21. If you ovulated later than CD14, then your bloodwork should be done a little later - one possible explanation for the 28 result.

If you look at my charts, you'll see I've been ovulating but my progesterone has been very low (I'm in the US so I'll try to convert all my numbers so they make sense to the UK scale).
On 2 clomid cycles of 50mg, I got a 13 and a 17.2 ... both clearly ovulatory on my charts (click the purple bar in my siggy for a link to my charts). Then I had 2 natural cycles, got 13.8 and 8.4... both still ovulatory as my temp shifted and AF followed on time.

They upped my clomid dose to 100mg this time, and I got a 30.4 yesterday!

Let me know if you have any questions, I've researched this thing to death!!

Hey guys, how are we all? Lisaf did you poas today as well, eagerly waiting to hear the result even though it is probably a bit early? Hope I don't develop this addiction next week!

My temps are a little low again today, hovering above my coverline. Guess that means my progesterone levels are kinda low. O well one thing at a time, I ovulated so that's good. Even ff thinks so:) also it rated my bd timings as good. So that makes me feel better.

Also lisaf you are right, if I wasn't ttc and had unprotected sex that close to ovulation I would be panicing by now! You are a sage indeed.
Inkdchick my thoughts and prayers are with you, I hope that your health issues clear up soon. After all you have gone through you must be so strong, I haveno doubt you will sort your heart out in no time :) :hug:

hello everyone, i wish i knew more on charting & levels to give out advice but i dont. Altho i have read this entire thread and it is better to take a complex rather than on its own. B6 & B12 are the very good guys but folic acid is in there as well so a complex is good to take.

I have started with such a low dose and AF is at least a day late. no sign of her today - touch wood - she may arrive later. but i hope not! either way i have lengthened my lp which is what i wanted. does anyone think it could be a placebo effect?

crissie glad u feel better after the pep talk. it is better to vent on here & give DH a break but also good to let him know how u feel too. we r always here to listen. :hugs:

merry warning about becomming a poas addict. i personally am not as i have had far too many bfns. i know some ppl that poas at least three times a day!

oh what a journey us ttcers go thru!

Hi Ladies
Everyones charts looking good! Hope AF stays away for all of you!
Crissie I know what you mean about talking to your DH about this all. I do it as well. I know I shouldn't, but its on my mind and I just naturally talk to him about everything, so its difficult not to.
Guys I was wondering, for all you ladies on clomid or seeing a doctor or FS, when did you first see a doctor? I'm only in month 4 after coming off the pill, so I know I should let my body settle down, but my luteal phase is 6-7 days!! Thats not so good. How long would you give it before going to see someone?

Thanks alot lisaf!! youve defo put my mind at ease I thought 28 was a good number so was abit took back when she said I was going to be upping my dose. And as you said I do have a longer cycle myne is 34 days so I think I should have a chat with her about this...theres just so much to take in I had no idea what I was doing last month as it was my first round so you just do what your told really dont you!!lol...thanks for the advise much appreciated.x

I went after 6 months but wasvtold to come back a few months later. I think they say 6 months to get the bc hormones out of your system. Also they are more likely to take note if you take your temp charts with you and can show a problem. If I were you I would go after 6 months, but if it's bothering you so go any way. Get their advice, it's better to get the ball rolling. Better now to be told wait a few months than be told in later!
That seems to be a standard answer and depends on the doc!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->