Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

whats your fav drink portable? Hopefully cramps means a heavier flow for you? Wouldn't normally wish that on anyone lol

Well have period pains today, coming and going BUT no spotting as yet so have made it to 13 dpo - its a bloody miracle! Was gonna test this morning but due to af cramps didn't bother as assumed I would have started by now. Still think its gonna be a bfn but getting bit impatient now lol

robin I was wondering of its the b vits that have been delaying my ov as have been late oving since started on them, so maybe it has made you ov later?

Ticktock - wot a question! this is my problem i can never decide wot to drink!! then i end up mixing all sorts of things - beer, wine, cocktails, vodka, gin! dear me sounds like i have a problem!!! I just love a good nite out - dont do it as often these days tho!
Thats why I'm so glad AF came today and not tomorrow! I have big plans for tonight - and now (thanks to the courtesy of AF for not keeping me waiting unduly) ttc will hopefully be far from my mind.

U gonna test or just wait it out a bit longer, my best friend had terrible cramps before her BFP - she swore AF was approaching!! Such a bitch isn't it! such a fine line between AF symptoms and BFP symptoms!!

Wotever way, I hope u enjoy ur weekend!!

portable- you are so right about the real world not caring about charts and cycle days etc, lol!!! I love that there are others just as obsessed as me on here!!

Robin - I am betting FF will change its mind... did you have anything that might have raised your temp like exercize or alcohol or anything like that? No fertile CM, no positive OPK... I'd be surprised if you ovulated (and early, and since you have a good OPK brand and aren't a newbie at them).
Very strange, will keep stalking your chart though and see what happens... I would definitely still BD!!

Hi,

I'm new and freaking out. I'm 34 years old and have been TTC for two months. I just started tracking last month with an OPK and found that I have a short luteal phase ~8-9 days. I will be making an appointment with a doctor ASAP, I just want to get this month's data before I go.

But now, I'm thinking back to all the periods I've ever had and realize that my breasts are only tender for maybe 1/3 of them. Does that mean that only those month's I ovulated?
I've been taking 70mgs of B6 everyday but I can't find any real scientific studies that confirms that it lengthens the luteal phase. (I'm a scientist...)

Additionally, I am an american living in Paris and my french isn't good enough to explain all of this to a doctor. So any advice would help.

The CM has always confused me a bit. It was picking up a bit earlier in the week and I told DH to get ready because I suspected a +OPK any day. Well, I never even got a hint of a +, all I had was the control line for all of them, so very much negative. So, I kept marking the CM as C instead of EWCM since I just wasn't sure. Today the CM has lessened.

Sleeping habits haven't changed, had a drink Sunday night but just 1 martini and kind of early in the evening (6pm-ish). It's really weird. I will definitely keep using the OPK and try to fit a few BD's in and I guess wait and see what happens.

I'm not complaining though if the B vits shortened my cycle as long as they increase my LP a bit!

:wave: hello everyone. gosh the 2ww is aful isn't it?! im cd23 of a 25 day cycle but i ov'ed 2 days early so goodness knows when the witch is arriving! 2 days ago started getting the symptoms :blush: as in the unique feeling i get b4 it comes but nothing today.

just wanted to say thank u 2 all for ur best wishes & support about my referal. :hugs:

nice to hear from u lisaf & crissie. :flower:

tick tock 13dpo is excellent! :happydance:

hope mrs f is enjoying herself away in ireland. :D

oh just wanted to add that i think the b vits made ov early. b interesting if i have alonger lp. good luck all of u on the 2ww. :thumbup:

Hi,

I'm new and freaking out. I'm 34 years old and have been TTC for two months. I just started tracking last month with an OPK and found that I have a short luteal phase ~8-9 days. I will be making an appointment with a doctor ASAP, I just want to get this month's data before I go.

But now, I'm thinking back to all the periods I've ever had and realize that my breasts are only tender for maybe 1/3 of them. Does that mean that only those month's I ovulated?
I've been taking 70mgs of B6 everyday but I can't find any real scientific studies that confirms that it lengthens the luteal phase. (I'm a scientist...)

Additionally, I am an american living in Paris and my french isn't good enough to explain all of this to a doctor. So any advice would help.

From what I read in this thread earlier, women had more success taking a B-complex because your body absorbs the B-vits better when it gets them all in equal amounts, otherwise you might end up deficient in some of the other B vits and b12 is thought to be important in preventing miscarriage.

I know what you mean about the scientific studies. I didn't find much evidence, but vitamins are almost never harmful, so I figured it can't hurt. It had really no effect on my LP length which was 12 days, but I did notice less spotting leading up to AF.

Well have period pains today, coming and going BUT no spotting as yet so have made it to 13 dpo - its a bloody miracle! Was gonna test this morning but due to af cramps didn't bother as assumed I would have started by now. Still think its gonna be a bfn but getting bit impatient now lol

Hi Ticktock just wanted to tell you I had terrible cramps with my daughter the night af was due - I was certain she was coming!! So it aint over yet!!(till the :witch: appears! )

Hi to all the girls in the 2ww! Its awful isnt it? I had a temp dip yesterday and now a rise today so Im hoping it was implantation :thumbup:Please chart stalkers can you let me know what you think?
I cant wait to get through this week - one thing I have noticed is my bbs are less sore and having less symptoms than any other month! So we will just have to wait and see!

Bye girls :hi: enjoy the rest of your weekend x

Any news ticktock?

tinks09 i dont know that much about charts as this is my 1st cycle temping but going up & staying high is good. mine is going down very slowly. apparently make sure u temp the same time each morning. mine is 6am so this weekend i have been 2 hrs late waking up! lol good luck & let us know.

i am 11dpo today instead of 9days. no sign of witch yet but temps lowering.

ye Starbex I know about taking the temps at the same time, I have been doing this as I want it to be accurate as poss. I also heard that you should try to do it before sitting up or anything! I just stick my arm out the bed and grab the thermometer off the bedside table and then go back to sleep after!:sleep:

On the luteal phase subject - I think my LP has increased a little this month - only by a day or so but Im sure I O'ed a little earlier.

agh just tested and was :bfp:

am in shock, am prob about 14/15 dpo today, just danced around the bedroom for 10 minutes lol

will take a pic later, is quite a good line on an ic

3rd month on vit b and our first month of ntnp after 5 months of ttc :wacko:

Whoohooo!!!!! CONGRATULTIONS!!!! Fantastic news, that BFP was just hidding in the wings.

So pleased for you, is DH dancing around with you?

Congratulations Ticktock! This is a brilliant thread - what a bumper crop of BFPs we've had recently.

Congrats ticktock!!! :happydance: Wishing you a healthy 9 months! :baby:

FF took my crosshairs away this morning! So, I'm still in the game and waiting for that +OPK. Should be coming sometime this week if I stay true to previous cycles.

Having another really stupidly light AF - grrrr been reading round so much and everything says there is no correlation between the amount of menstral flow and fertility. I just cant help thinking that something is amiss. Dont even need a tampon! just a bitty little pantyliner - and it can last all day!!!! Why dont our bodies come with a user manual?????

hi portablechick sorry to hear ur feeling frustrated. I had 2 day periods until last cycle where it lasted 6 days! I dont know how long u been on b vits but they have defo given me longer visits. sorry i dont know what to say other than we r here 4 u 2 shout GRRRRRRR :hugs:

star bex thanks for sharing that info - this was my first month of b vits so maybe it's just gonna take a bit of time for them to do their work! Thanks for hugs - u girls are great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->