Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

congrats tinks thats great this thread is so lucky ive been keeping an eye on this thread for a while and carnt believe how many bfps ive read...

i take vit b6 so fx the bfps keep coming xxxx

just wondering i take pregnacare conception it has some b vits in it so im taking extra vit b6 does anyone think i should take b50 complex instead of just b6?

shell - lol, you have to post to get the luck, :rofl: now you're in the running! ;)

thanks lisaf i did post a while ago when u ,merry, and crissie got ur bfps .....

just hope the luck keeps rubbing off!

taking soy again this cycle to to help strengthen ov...

did u take clomid the cycle u got ur bfp?
and how long was u on b vits before getting ur bfp?

I was on my B-100 complex for 3 or 4 full cycles I think... I know I switched to an extended release version on the last cycle or two. I was doing acupuncture for most of that time too.. helped enormously with the stress!

I was on clomid for my BFP cycle... that had a much bigger effect on my progesterone issues than anything else... I was finally on a 100mg dose for the first time as the 50mg had no affect on my progesterone levels compared ot my natural cycles.

think i might try b50 complex if im not sucessful this time as im only taking b6 extra on top of pregnacare conception ..whats is the extended release version? are they beter?

my fs wont give my clomid till i lost 3 and half stone and its so hard i ve lost a stone so far so im trying the soy for a few cycles as its ment to be natures clomid!

shell - I know the UK doctors are a lot stricter about BMI and clomid... I'm WAY over the limit they make you girls get down to... so frustrating that you have to lose the weight first etc...
I switched to the extended release as I was getting tons of bright yellow pee mid-day, but by evening it was normal pee color... I figured even though I was taking the B-100, that I was pissing away most of the vitamins right away... so I switched to extended release to give my body more time to absorb more of it,... if that makes sense.

From what I read earlier in this thread, you actually absorb the B6 better if you take a balanced dose of all the B vitamins, and you don't end up deficient in any on B vit when you take the complex.... and B12 is important to preventing miscarriage, so I went for the complex (plus it gives me my extra folic acid I need)

just popped in to say congrats tinks! I hope it's sinking in! such super news and hopefully keeping the BFP run coming!

Oh my gosh another one!! yay :happydance: congrats tinks09!!!! So pleased for you. & ticktock nice to hear form u too. I really wish I was joining u all as i feel we have come a long way together. :flower:

Still, welcome (again) to shell. I am taking the same pregnacare as u & I am taking very low dose B vit complex. B6 & B12 r excellent however i keep reading how u benefit more from a complex as they complement all the other in the b group. I am not worried about taking the preconception tablets aswell. If u get too much vitamin u pee it out dont u?! :wacko:

Anyway this thread is excellent & for those still trying, keep working on the BFPs ladies our time will come. :thumbup:

thanks hun think im going to get b50 complex time release ones at the weekend xx

what cd are u on hun or what part in ur cycle?

we need to catch the bfp girls up and get ours now!!

Thanks for all the messages girls , its starting to sink in but have still been thinking the test was a dud! lol will test again to make sure :winkwink:

Ticktock - Im super excited! we must be due around the same time - ff said my date is 28th May. I hope you and the other preggaz girls wont mind me gatecrashing the bump buddies thread!

Starbex , portablechick, Mrsf, shell and all the other girls still waiting - keep them :bfp:s coming - were on a roll!!! :happydance::headspin:

Thanks for all your support girls - I will definitely still be poppin in to help you all in the way youve helped me :hugs:

Hi Shell I'm on CD 2 got the stupid witch visitor staying, even tho she is not welcome. doesnt get the message each month. Good luck to u. How long u been trying? Where r u in cycle?

At least I can have a drink :wine: on my 30th birthday on saturday. Ganna stop thinking about ttc this wkend. Not happy about getting to 30 with not 1 BFP. :nope:

starbex - yay to drinking!!! Lol.. I've been invited to a knit-fest at a friends house in February... which apparently is a bit of a drink-fest too... as I'll be quite a bit along by then... not sure it will be fun to have all the drunk ladies around, lol!! Its out of town and a sleep-over event for me so it will stink to be the only sober one!

Also, you have to lock the door, turn off the house lights and refuse to answer the door to keep the witch out!

I wanted to share too that the pharmacist laughed in my face when I asked if the amount in my multivitamin would push me over the safety threshhold for Bvits, lol.
Your body does get rid of the excess in urine, but you don't want to go over double the maximum recommended amount or anything, you know?

Thanks for that Lisaf. My b vits r such a low dose i think they go well with the prenatals. I plan to take all my tablets, charts & even my monitor to the fs!

Wow a knit fest sounds fun. yeah u will be quite far along by then, what an exciting thought. do u have edd yet?

Starbex , happy birthday for the weekend :cake: The big 3-0 eh? have a great time and lots of :wine: xx

star bex im 9dpo today had a big temp fall so af is on its way realy early like last month!!! gggrrr well ive been on metformin for bout 7 wks now and it seems to be having effect on my cycles as my lp is now 9days not 14/15 like it used too thats why im taking extra vitb6 but now going to take the b50 complex and im getting some progestrone cream to see if thats helps my lp...so feeling abit crappy that my cycles gone wappy. on a positive note ive just rang up a ladies gym and join tomo to help shift some pounds as im finding it hard with pcos ....

thats enuff of me moaning now hope ur all ok xxx

sorry bout the temp drop shell - though I think thats about when my temp dropped and I got my BFP the next day? Gosh the LPD is so frustrating because you can't get your hopes up about stuff like that! I still hope the witch stays away and its a BFP for you too... so much luck in this thread.
I'd tell your doc about the metformin's effect on your LP... that doesn't sound good to me.

Starbex - I have it down as May 5th... doc wrote May 4th as I measured 1 day ahead on my last scan... but on this scan I was one day behind my May 5th date, lol... a 3 day variation is totally normal, just funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->