Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Hey Guys

I have been off feeling sorry for myself the last few days, after 3 months of 6 day luteal phases. :dohh:
I had a read about VitB on the web and noticed some people have said the B Vits actually made their cycle worse. While I was having a bit of a sob the other day DH said I should just stop taking tablets (except folic acid) and see what my cycle does. I have been stuffing my body with tablets ever since I came off the pill 4 months ago so I decided this month to take his advice and have just been taking folic acid and nothing else. Its now CD6 for me, AF has just finished and I just went to the loo and noticed..... very definite EWCM!!! On CD6!!

MrsF I hope you're feeling a bit better now, I thought you might be feeling a bit down when you wernt around, were all here for you when you're having them moments hun :hugs:

Of course you arent a lost cause, its still very early days yet - but you might have a point that your body needs to readjust after stopping the pill , and it could need a rest from everything :shrug:
Great news about the EWCM, do you normally get any or is it just later in your cycle? keep an eye on it and get started on the OPKs if it continues - you could be gearing up to O! I would still go and see the doctor - in any case it will get the ball rolling as it can be a long process and they could say its too early to be referred , at least then its on record if you need to see a fs in the future :winkwink:

Hi ladies well my temp went back up today in 11dpo :)

Last night in bed I had the most strangest and horrible feeling down there that I was going to have the worst af ever but nothing at the mo was shocked my temp went up it was took 20mins early than normal 36.65 which is my highest temp on my chart but I've just been toilet had wash etc and it's now 36.90 so least I no it's Reading right! Guess il see what tomo brings now wether af gets me before more dropped temps!!! Sorry if I sound that I'm on a downer it's just u get so used to thinking not going gd when ttc always af turning up gets to ya sometimes ...
Just need to find some pma off gym later but il be careful just incase fx!

hi, just checking in
been cutting down on bnb a bit - tryin to keep stressing over ttc down abit! Still on AC, month 2 now. Taking b vits and epo til ov plus have added grapefuit juice into the mixture. Prob be about more later in the month - only on cd8 and still a low on the cbfm

Mrs F sorry u been a bit down - I think it sounds like a good plan, especially if it helps u relax. Might do this myself next cycle as i'm off on hols and i'll end up paying extra luggage allowance if i take all my ttc stuff with me! Seems like we're in similar place in r cycles so hopefully we can do the 2ww together!

Hi to all the new ladies hope this lucky thread rubs off on us all!
:dust:

I started posting this yesterday and then got distracted.

A study just came out in a highly respected journal that shows that the bacterium that causes ulcers (H. pylori) is actually made more infectious by Vitamin B6. While the study was done in mice, our take home message is: If you've had an ulcer think twice about taking Vitamin B6. Here's the link:
(actually, the website won't let me post the link...so google h pylori vitamin B6 and scroll down until you see a link for nature)

Welshkiwi- You are NOT too old!!! Wipe that thought right out of your mind. Plenty of women get pregnant in their late thirties! I hope to be one of them. Regarding your neon pee mystery: I've been trying to do some reading on pubmed (a database containing all published scientific studies)... so we'll see if I dig something up.

In other news: I thought my AF was delaying because of my recent (8 days) quest into the Vitamin B6 world, but nope, turns out I'm pregnant!!! Or so said a faint band on the test I took this morning.... I hope it sticks!!!
This means I got pregnant with and LP of 8-9 days!!

Welshkiwi- All I've been able to find is that the more progesterone you have the more B6 you store. Increase in muscle mass could lead to more B6 being pulled from the blood. Have you been exercising more? Or maybe your body caught up to the B6 and producing more progesterone.

FYI-The study I am relying on was done on rats. here's the title if you want to google: Vitamin B-6 metabolism in the pregnant rat: effect of progesterone on the (re)distribution in maternal vitamin B-6 stores

dr_ish...you seem very similar to me researching the value of various TTC meds etc! Congrats on your positive test! Have you been taking anything else as well as Vit B?

So where's the role for AC and Epo and Maca ladies? Im getting all the tablets and their benefits mixed up!!!!

Im so glad I found this thread!!!

Shell - That is a very promising temp jump! FX for you!

Dr-ish - Congrats on your BFP!

I have a hard time remembering what all the supplements do too. I remember I looked into EPO in the very beginning of my cycle, but now I can't remember why. I think the AC is supposed to help you O if you have delayed O, sort of a cycle stabalizer. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me!

Ooooh, then it sounds like AC might be good for me...I have a 28 day cycle but Ov on CD18 which is a bit too late for my liking. Thanks robin!

Welshkiwi- All I've been able to find is that the more progesterone you have the more B6 you store. Increase in muscle mass could lead to more B6 being pulled from the blood. Have you been exercising more? Or maybe your body caught up to the B6 and producing more progesterone.

FYI-The study I am relying on was done on rats. here's the title if you want to google: Vitamin B-6 metabolism in the pregnant rat: effect of progesterone on the (re)distribution in maternal vitamin B-6 stores

Congrats dr-ish on your pregnancy! Many thanks for that info on progesterone- although my extreme laziness means that I have not been exercising- :haha: Neon pee has started to return today but (tmi alert) it is rather smelly and for the past two days I have been constipated- and I am never constipated. This was the first cycle in over a year where I know I have ovulated- really wet CM for 5 days before + opk and then ewcm until ov. Still think I am too old to catch the eggy again though but fingers crossed. :dust:to everyone xx

Congrats Dr Ish! Thanks tinks and portablechick, I did end up keeping my doctors appointment, which went ok, she didn't think my charts were anything to worry about but she did say luteal phase should be 14 days instead of 6, but said "thats ok, thats probably just you". Anyway, I told her I had been trying for 7 months (instead of 5) and she said she would refer me to FS after 12 months only, but she did say I could get a 21 day test done, and when I said "what if I ov on day 21?" she said I could get it done a few days later. What do you girls think, when should I get this test done if I have a 6 day luteal phase?? Anyway I am off to Oz and Malaysia this month so will have to get these done the following month. So at least I've got the ball rolling :) yaaaayyy

Hey Guys

I have been off feeling sorry for myself the last few days, after 3 months of 6 day luteal phases. :dohh:
I had a read about VitB on the web and noticed some people have said the B Vits actually made their cycle worse. While I was having a bit of a sob the other day DH said I should just stop taking tablets (except folic acid) and see what my cycle does. I have been stuffing my body with tablets ever since I came off the pill 4 months ago so I decided this month to take his advice and have just been taking folic acid and nothing else. Its now CD6 for me, AF has just finished and I just went to the loo and noticed..... very definite EWCM!!! On CD6!!

MrsF I hope you're feeling a bit better now, I thought you might be feeling a bit down when you wernt around, were all here for you when you're having them moments hun :hugs:

Of course you arent a lost cause, its still very early days yet - but you might have a point that your body needs to readjust after stopping the pill , and it could need a rest from everything :shrug:
Great news about the EWCM, do you normally get any or is it just later in your cycle? keep an eye on it and get started on the OPKs if it continues - you could be gearing up to O! I would still go and see the doctor - in any case it will get the ball rolling as it can be a long process and they could say its too early to be referred , at least then its on record if you need to see a fs in the future :winkwink:

Thanks so much tinks :hugs: I am still hoping my body is readjusting, and I did keep my doctors appointment just in case, I came to the same conclusion as you, if my body doesn't sort itself out at least I've got the ball rolling to see someone. EWCM doesn't seem to be around today so I don't know whats going on. I don't usually get it on CD6, usually only 5 days before I ov, and I ov around CD19-22.

I think I am just going to chill a bit this month, maybe start charting again when I get back from Oz. Thanks again guys you are all lovely.

hi, just checking in
been cutting down on bnb a bit - tryin to keep stressing over ttc down abit! Still on AC, month 2 now. Taking b vits and epo til ov plus have added grapefuit juice into the mixture. Prob be about more later in the month - only on cd8 and still a low on the cbfm

Mrs F sorry u been a bit down - I think it sounds like a good plan, especially if it helps u relax. Might do this myself next cycle as i'm off on hols and i'll end up paying extra luggage allowance if i take all my ttc stuff with me! Seems like we're in similar place in r cycles so hopefully we can do the 2ww together!

Hi to all the new ladies hope this lucky thread rubs off on us all!
:dust:

Looks like we are definitely in similar places, as I am relaxing and also off on hols this month! Where are you off to? We can do the 2ww on a beach somewhere! Yeeeeahhhhh!! :happydance:

congrats dr-ish xxx

thanks robin...next few days will see what happens! are u taking/using progestrone supplement of some kind as i noticed a p sign on ur chart?

Shell, yeah I'm using Emerita Natural Progesterone Cream. I found out about it during some research on LPD. I get bad PMS (headaches, moodiness, tired, etc) and it's supposed to help. Bonus if it lengthens my LP!

MrsF, I'm surprised your Dr wasn't more concerned over your 6 day LP. As for when to schedule testing, I would guess 3-4 days into your LP would be best. Since that's in the middle, that's when your progesterone should be at its highest. Have fun on your hols!

Thanks everyone for all your well-wishes! I still can't believe it! I don't actually feel any different... I hope that's not a bad sign. My breast are a little tender, but not like I've read about...hmmmm...

Can someone clear up for me what all the abbreviations mean?

BFP- something something positive
DH- something husband
EWCM-something something cervical mucus?
CD#- what does the CD stand for?
AC-no clue...

big fat positive
DH? hubby??
Egg white cervical mucous (the type you want at ovulation)
Cycle Day (usually before O, then after Ovuation it is DPO (Days past ovulation)
AC - no clue!!!????

BFP- Big Fat Positive
DH- Dear Husband
EWCM- Egg White Cervical Mucus
CD#- Cycle Day
AC-Agnus Castus (herbal supplement also known as Chaste Berry or Vitex)

congrats on the BFP dr_ish!

I think we have some girls showing promising signs! hope we get some more BFPs here soon!!

Mrs F - I'd got 5dpo for the progesterone test... I know it will be low, but its the closest to 7dpo you will probably get.. Thats what I'd do

Hi I got my bfp today I'm so happy and scared thow

Thanks to bvits and soy

holy COW!!!! I was so hopeful for you shell!!! (see? you started posting more and got some of the luck in here!)
This is crazy good luck in this thread lately!!!!!!

I'm in total shock my tummys doing summer saults! Oh is over the moon and now I have the best present for my bday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->