Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Dr_ish and Shell - Congratulations!! :happydance::happydance::headspin:

I cant believe how lucky this thread is!

By the way Dr_Ish - AC means Agnus Castus - some of the girls on here take it with the bvits

MrsF - I hope the luck continues for you and the other girls! have a brill time on your hols:plane: Just relax and then you can take a fresh look at it when you return all bronzed and chilled out! I know youre having a break off the pills at the mo, but have you been taking Agnus Castus? Ive been reading its good for bringing on O earlier, so might be worth a try :shrug: I was taking it with the bvits and it never done me any harm.

Portable chick - hope you also have a great time sunning yourself on the beach:icecream:

Thanks Tinks and Mrs F - hols not til next month - but looking forward to it is half the fun!
Tinks i forgot u were taking AC - how did u take? just up to ov or right the way through?

Can't believe how many BFP's are popping up here! Congratulations to everyone!!!
One question can i pleeeeease be next??????????????!!!!!!!!

Shell, yeah I'm using Emerita Natural Progesterone Cream. I found out about it during some research on LPD. I get bad PMS (headaches, moodiness, tired, etc) and it's supposed to help. Bonus if it lengthens my LP!

MrsF, I'm surprised your Dr wasn't more concerned over your 6 day LP. As for when to schedule testing, I would guess 3-4 days into your LP would be best. Since that's in the middle, that's when your progesterone should be at its highest. Have fun on your hols!

Yeah I think she didn't know too much about it, but thanks to you ladies I was expecting that. At least she authorised my tests and I can schedule it when I like. Thanks for your suggestion (and lisaf's) on when to go, I really appreciate it. Question: If she refers me to a FS when we've been trying for a year, does that mean I see someone straight away? Or is it likely I will have to wait a further X months to see someone?

Hi ladies, I've finally bought some Vit B 50 complex today. When should I take it ? I'm 4DPO today so it's not worth it this cycle is it? Would it be worth taking soy isoflavones or agnus castus with it? I was going to buy some soy but freaked out a bit about it!!!

Yay Shell! I wish a healthy 9 months for you!

I started taking my B complex about 7/8DPO last cycle. Obviously it didn't help that cycle but I at least got it in my system before this cycle started. Personally, I would go with AC before the soy. From what I've read on here, you take those before O and then stop.

Mrs F - I've heard there is still a wait after you get the referral... that its about when they have an availble spot open. I know when seeing an FS how important it is to be seen on specific cycle days etc (unless they send you out to other labs for the tests/scans), so it can be a matter of fitting your cycle in...

MrsPop - I believe the AC might be a safer thing to try first? Just my thoughts and from experiences I saw other girls have... the soy is a little scary to me and seen some girls end up with really messed up cycles from it... AC can mess up some people, but not as bad? Just based on girls I know what what happened to them though.. not scientific by any means. I never tried the soy because I know its not always safe for everyone to take soy (if you have a thyroid issue soy can cause big problems, etc)

When you take the B vits are up to you... taking it now shouldn't have any effect either positive or negative, but could prep you nicely for your next cycle (if you need it ;)) .. it takes a bit for your body to get used to absorbing the vits and get the proper levels in your system, so I'd say start now.

hi ladies, iv been taking pregnecare conception for 4 months and after charting my temps for 2 months iv descovered i have a 10 day leutal. I want to try b6 but not sure wether to get b50 complex instead of just the b6 on its own,dont you have to take the same amount of b12 with it aswell. also any1 know if its ok to carry on taking my pregnecare along with it? congrats to evryone with bfp,im feeling a bit more hopefull for next cycle now xxxxxx

prenatals do not have large amounts of b vitamins... so its ok to take them with the B complex (my pharmacist laughed at me when I asked if the prentals and b vits would be too much together... then they told me it was fine)
And yes, the complex is the 'better' one to take from what I've read. :)

Thanks lisaf, the b50 complex from holland and barretts looks good but it also contains the same amount of folic acid as pregnecare(400ug) so im a bit worried that 800 would be too much x

I've also got the Holland & Barratt B50 complex and I've been taking pregnacare also. 800ug of folic acid isn't dangerous, but I'm just going to stick with the B50 complex for next cycle. I'm not going to use AC or Soy for next cycle for now.

Over here, some of the prenatal vitamins have 800 of folic acid.
I beleive you can safely take up to 1000 and even over that with a doctor's care/permission.

As a doc, I know the dose of folic acid is 5mg for alcoholics!

Lisaf, did you use anything else apart from Vit B? x

I was on clomid too, lol .. I think that did the most for my progesterone.. I had low prog on my 4 previous cycles that I had blood tests for, then finally hit normal thanks to 100mg clomid and got my BFP...
I still take the Bvits though and hope its one reason why my morning sickness has been so very mild.

holy cow! my cbfm is telling me i am peaking - - it's day 10, wtf??!!??!! after my text book cyle last month i was hoping things would settle down - seems i'm still all over the place - dont think i've ever ov'd this early before. Could it be AC or the b vits? o well, have bd'd the last 2 days so squeeze one more in today and maybe one tomorrow and then on to the 2ww ( already !!)

I'm back after a brilliant b'day! Congrats to shell. wow another BFP!
I take prenatals and b vit complex and i think its fine. Takes a while for it all to get in your system and for your cycles to settle. I noticed an increased luteal phase from 9 to 11 in the first cycle.

good luck to everyone this cycle. portablechick get going! :winkwink: My cbfm said i was peaking on cd13 instead of 15 so i know how shocked u feel.

Some ladies at work are also TTC and some have had good success from using FertilityBlend which balances hormones and regulates hormone levels and menstrual cycles and fertility naturally.

I had a look at the Nuvida website and alot of women have had very good improvements with low progestrone levels using their product. The clinical studies done on the product are amazing so ladies I think we should give this product a try. I'm buying the Ovumax today, think I will buy the Fertilityblend for hubby and myself as well.

Will let you know how it goes.

Some ladies at work are also TTC and some have had good success from using FertilityBlend which balances hormones and regulates hormone levels and menstrual cycles and fertility naturally.

I had a look at the Nuvida website and alot of women have had very good improvements with low progestrone levels using their product. The clinical studies done on the product are amazing so ladies I think we should give this product a try. I'm buying the Ovumax today, think I will buy the Fertilityblend for hubby and myself as well.

Will let you know how it goes.

not heard of it so would like to know how u get on. thanks.

I was always afraid of those other herbal mixes since I didn't know how they're react with the vitamins I was already taking. Thats just me, ultra paranoid though :)
My brother was hospitalized at one point because of the reaction of some over-the-counter supplement with his prescription medications (my mom wouldn't tell me what supplement it was, so there is only one logical conclusion to draw :dohh:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->