Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Tinks i forgot u were taking AC - how did u take? just up to ov or right the way through?

Hi Portablechick, I took 800mg until 7dpo, a lot of girls stop at O but I took Lisaf's advice cos I wanted to keep my progesterone high. Holland and barrett do a 400mg one.

I think these bfps are creeping closer for you all girls, youre all having improvements in your LP's so its gotta be good :thumbup:

As far as Ive heard, you cant really have too much folic acid, my B50 complex has 400ug and Im still taking 2 of them and my prenatal, I read up on it a bit and couldnt find anything saying it was unsafe to take this amount.

Good luck to all you girls who are waiting for O , go catch them eggies!! :kiss:

Thanks Tinks - I'd actually been thinking about that - so reckon I'll go with that plan too for now

So nice of u girls to keep popping back - i hope all is going well with the pregnancies.

I cant believe i'm almost in the 2ww again! I am not -- repeat not testing this month until at least 14 dpo - i demented myself last month from 7dpo and felt like a big stupid depressed a-hole as a result!

Think there will be a few O's due round here in the near future so ladies get down to that randy rumba and enjoy
:dust: :dust:

Morning ladies,

I wasn't sure where to post as I am after some advice, I have posted here a couple of times and you all seem so knowledgeable and there have been so many BFP's recently that this seemed the best place.

I have never poas before because I don't want to set myself up for disppointment. I got 2 free hpt's sent to me and the temptation is getting the better of me. Do you think that 10dpo is too early to test? The hpt's are 25miu - not sure what that means. I am 6dpo today and 10dpo will be Saturday for me.

This is my first full cycle on B6 and I had a lap & dye earlier this month. Since yesterday I have been getting a lot of very creamy CM and I had a temp spike this morning. What do you think my chances are?

Hi Hope4amiracle, I tested at 11dpo and got quite a strong line, I think I probably would have got a faint+ at 9 or 10 dpo but I didnt want to test too early and get a neg! There is a pic in the gallery for you to take a look

i think tests range from 25 - 40 miu with 25 being the most sensitive - I used a FRER (First Response) which are 25 (I think) :huh:

So I think you will probably be ok to test at 10dpo if you want :shrug: Good luck! and not to to get you too excited but I noticed a lot more creamy discharge after O on that cycle.That temp spike could be implantation! :winkwink:Fxed for you and lots of :dust:

Thanks Tinks. I am really trying not to get my hopes up but when I spoke to the FS after my lap & dye he said that a lot of women suddenly become pregnant following the procedure because they relax knowing that nothing is wrong with them. OH and I have now had all of our tests back and there is nothing wrong with either of us so fx.

I've been stalking the B Vit gals to see how you are all getting on with your pregnancies so hopefully myself and the other lovely ladies from this thread can all join you very soon!

I hope all you girls will be joining us soon!! Good luck

:dust::dust:

Hi Hope4amiracle, I would say test the day after AF would be due if she hasn't arrived. I noticed your longest LP is 11 days so I would test on CD 12. That's what I did, also the temps staying high were an obvious good sign. If you really can't wait though go for CD10 - why not! :thumbup:

Good Luck! :dust: I'm feeling positive for you!

:kiss:

FF is telling me to test on Monday. I may see if I can hold out until then. It's a killer having hpt's sitting the bathroom. That is the reason I have never bought them before because I could quite easily become an addict.

I am also having acupuncture tomorrow so I will see what my therapist says. I have read that they can sometimes spot pregnancies from your pulse.

My acupuncturist tried to detect my pregnancy from my pulse, lol.. I think I was 5 weeks along at that point (so 1 week late for AF.. or more like 9 days late). She couldn't find the pregnancy pulse but said that my pulse is usually very twangy (like plucking strings on a harp) so that would make it harder to detect early on.

I think you should wait until 11dpo... I got my BFP on a 10miu test at 9dpo... but that was a more sensitive test. I'm pretty sure I would have gotten a line on a 25miu at 11dpo... I got a faint line on a 20miu test that day.

Its soooo easy to become an addict. I was never TOO disappointed by BFNs unless it was 12dpo or something.

I only test the day my period is due if it hasn't shown signs of coming. So in the last 10 months I used only 3 tests! I'm a waiter because I don't like to see the BFN. Good luck!

My temp is looking promising and I've had some cramping today which is not normal. Last month my LP was only 10 days with spotting starting at 9DPO. I can't wait to see what happens this week!

so excited robin!!!! FX'd!!!!!

The ONLY plus side to a short LP is that you aren't in limbo that long :haha:
I think the cramping is a great sign though.. just my opinion! :)

May I join you ladies?

Ive been researching B6 for awhile now and this thread always comes up.

I had my Mirena IUD removed on Aug 10th and last month had a super short cycle with a LP of only 10days. So in addition to some herbs Ive been taking b6 this cycle (not as consistent as I should be), hoping it will do the trick.

Guera, I had my Mirena taken out in August too and had an LP of 10 days. Im going to take VitB6 from next cycle. Good luck!

ok everyone I have a question about b6.

Ive been taking b-6 100mgs this cycle along with 50mcg of b12 and my prenatal has 800mg of folic acid.
So I just purchased a B50 blend, it has 50mg of B6 and 50mcs of b12 and 800mg of folic acid.

Should I take just the b50 and not the prenatals, that would be 1600mgs of folic acid, and what about the b-6? Is 150mg too much to take or would the 50mgs be too little. Im all confused now.

hmmm... I'm not sure Guera.
All the B-complexs I saw had 400 of folic acid.
I stopped taking the prenatals because they made me sick and have been taking a daily multivitimin which has 400 of folic acid
So between the 2 I get 800..
I know up to 1000 is safe, I THINK some doctors have okayed 2000 for some women.... but I'm not sure if that amount is safe for everyone.

thanks lisaf,
see that is my issue. I just happened to buy the only damn one that is HIGH FOLIC ACID, maybe I should return it and get one with only 400mgs.
Do you think I should keep taking the 100mg b6 or just stick with the b50?

oh and I was also wondering if anyone of you b6 ladies have noticed high bbt on the cycles you have taken it?
My pre o temps are around 98.0, seems crazy high to me.

My BBTs were a little spiky all over, but I don't think the B vits had anything to do with it?

I don't know what you should do... depends on your financial situation.. if $ isn't an issue, I'd go get the lower folic acid one.
From what I read earlier, its better to get all the B vits in equal amounts, though B12 is the other important pregnancy one, so if you're taking a B6 and a B12 you might be fine with just that.

Found this on a google search
5. Can women get too much folic acid?

Folic acid has no known toxic level. If you were to eat a bowl of fully fortified cereal (400 micrograms), take 400 micrograms (0.4 milligram) folic acid supplement, and eat fortified foods and foods rich in folate, women of reproductive age would not have a problem with too much folic acid. Even in very high amounts folic acid is non-toxic. Nevertheless, it is recommended that women consume no more than 1,000 micrograms of synthetic folic acid a day. Large amounts of folic acid may hide the ability to quickly diagnose pernicious anemia, a rare vitamin B-12 deficiency. This condition primarily affects the elderly population and, in some cases, can lead to neurological damage. Today, doctors can use a simple definitive test to check for a B-12 deficiency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->