Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

My acupuncturist tried to detect my pregnancy from my pulse, lol.. I think I was 5 weeks along at that point (so 1 week late for AF.. or more like 9 days late). She couldn't find the pregnancy pulse but said that my pulse is usually very twangy (like plucking strings on a harp) so that would make it harder to detect early on.

I think you should wait until 11dpo... I got my BFP on a 10miu test at 9dpo... but that was a more sensitive test. I'm pretty sure I would have gotten a line on a 25miu at 11dpo... I got a faint line on a 20miu test that day.

Its soooo easy to become an addict. I was never TOO disappointed by BFNs unless it was 12dpo or something.

Thanks Lisaf, I have decided that I am going to wait until Monday to poas. I figure that as I have gone 19 months without poas I can manage another month. I know that if I start now I will become an addict!

I only test the day my period is due if it hasn't shown signs of coming. So in the last 10 months I used only 3 tests! I'm a waiter because I don't like to see the BFN. Good luck!

My temp is looking promising and I've had some cramping today which is not normal. Last month my LP was only 10 days with spotting starting at 9DPO. I can't wait to see what happens this week!

Thanks Robin, I am going to wait it out with you. My lp increased to 11 days last cycle (not sure whether that was the vitamins or the acupuncture) so my af is due on Monday. I had a bit temp spike yesterday but it has dropped back to where it was the day before. Not sure whether that means anytihng.

I'm trying very hard not to symptom spot, but the day before my temp spike I had some stabbing type pains in my cervix area which I have never experienced before.

Fx for you!

Guera :hi: hi and welcome, I hope the bvits work for you. My temps weren't high when taking the bvits, in fact mine were quite low, I think it changes for each person.
I think you're mainly looking for patterns in your own temp but I wouldnt worry about your pre O temps - as long as you get a shift after O - thats what you're looking for! :winkwink:
Good luck with them on your next cycle!

Hope4amiracle - you definitely have more self control than me - I could easily have slipped into POAS addiction! :blush: Good luck for testing! I have everything crossed for you!! :dust: :dust:

thanks Tink

I do seem to be getting a nice rise, but geez im up to 99.0 today, much higher and Im going to have a fever:wacko: As long as that good ole progesterone is doing its job Im happy.

I suspect I may have a short luteal phase cos I keep spotting 7 dpo up to af. I'm already taking pregnacare? Is it worth trying b6 as well do you think and if so how much is recommended?
Thanks

guera - great spike! That hopefully means you have lots of lovely progesterone making your lining nice and cosy for the egg that should be there any day now.

sugarlove - I think its worth trying, but try a B-complex (B-50 or B-100) instead of just the B6... if you take too much of one B vit, it can make you deficient in the others B12 is important for preventing miscarriage. At least thats what I've read on here.
Just make sure you're not taking too much folic acid since the B-complex vitamins have some and so do the prenatal vits.

Good luck everyone who is approaching ov and waiting for results. :thumbup: I just had first fs appt. decided to take a little break on here coz i had a fabulous b'day and forgot my ttc troubles :drunk: :headspin: :fool: & i think i need time to work on being me again. being happy. I hope u all understand and i thank u sincerely from the bottom of my heart for you welcome, advice support, encouragement and wisdom. :hugs:

I am still really positive but i am going to get all the tests done first before i analyse myself too much. I hope that makes sense. i will keep checking in every once in a while and if anyone wants to pm about the appointment pls do so. Congrats to everyone with their BFPs and I hope yours is just around the corner. :flower:

Thank u again and i will be in touch. I am still taking the low b vit dose.

We understand starbex... we'll miss you, but you definitely have to tell us when you get your BFP or what your FS decides is your issue!

Hi star-bex, totally understand, I am taking a break also, I'm not expecting miracles this cycle, and think I will be able to fit in my 21 day tests before I go off on holiday. Would love to hear about your FS appointment whenever you get time. Happy birthday and have a great break! xx

Thanks Lisaf I will miss u loads but i am keen to know how u all r so i will check in on u all. i am still available to pm. good luck all esp. mrs f u deserve it and portable chick u have been very kind to me. :hugs:

Aaaaw Starbex were going to miss you!! :hugs: Hope everything goes well with the fs - fxed you get your :bfp: soon xxx

Totally understand where you are coming from Starbex! I am thinking about taking a break until our next fs appointment at the end of November if we are not successful this cycle. Need to de-stress and get my life back and focus on being happy rather than drive myself mental with ttc.

Is anger and frustration a sign of pregnancy. If so then I must be pregnant :rofl: I am in such a bad mood today and I can't snap out of it!

Thanks girls, i am so happy for u tinks would like to hear how ur doing in the near future. good luck hope4miracle. miracles can happen and they will for us i am positive. really nervous about the tests but the ltttc have been brill.

contact me any time esp if u r having fs appt. as i know how scary they can be. (and exciting). good luck fellow b vit gals and i hope u all get that BFP soon. :hugs:

O starbex - I also really understand - i also think I've lost myself in this journey. It is really hard to try and keep perspective at times.
I'm gonna miss ur posts on here - u always gave me little smiles and chuckles - and thankyou for ur great support.

I'll be rooting for you BFP along with mine!!!!!

:hugs: :hugs: and :thumbup:

Hi girls

I've been reading this thread on and off all day and it's got me quite excited after a week in which I was getting more and more depressed about TTC. I am 34, have a son of 21 months and have been TTC since January (it took 1 1/2 years to conceive my DS). At the beginning of this attempt, my cycles were all over the place, anything from 28 to 38 days and there didn't seem to be any sign of a BFP: as I was breastfeeding up to mid-May, I figured that maybe that was the culprit. After all, I didn't have my first period till last December, just after my boy's first Bday. Anyway, after Momma's milkbar closed down 4 months ago, I started looking more closely at my cycle using basal body temp readings and ovulation tests. I noticed I was ovulating around day 18/19 and getting my period between days 26/29.

Just recently, I read something about how short luteal phase can stop you getting pregnant and I realised I probably suffered from this. Then, last Sunday, I got a faint positive on 3 tests on CD 30, which made me and my hubby so excited. We started thinking about baby names and laughing at the idea of our DS as a big bro. I figured the line was faint cos I ovulated late and it was still only 11 or 12 DPO. Then on Wednesday I noticed what seemed like the start of the evil witch, so I took my last preggers test. It came out as a BFN and then my period kicked in full on. It was totally gutting for us both and seemed so cruel. I felt even more depressed cos I figured my short luteal phase had something to do with it and I didn't know how to put it right.

Then I found this site.... I was knocking down the doors to get into H&B yesterday and now have my B50 complex and some AC. As it was still CD 2 when I started popping them, I've got fingers crossed for some results this cycle. I hope it starts to work on my luteal phase even if we don't conceive this month. It looks like this thread is laced with baby dust, so maybe adding to it will help too.

Fingers crossed for all of you!!! We'll all hopefully be wearing elasticated jeans before too long....

By the way, do you reckon I should take B100 complex instead of B50? I'm wondering if I made the right choice.

minky - welcome to the site!! This thread is what led me to BnB back in March when googling about low progesterone.
There doesn't seem to be a 'right' dose of B-complex... some people do better on the 50 and some do better on the 100... I chose 100 because some of the earlier posts said that 100 was better for spotting issues.

This thread has been very lucky lately, hope you get some of the luck too!

Just realised you have to go 'advanced' to get those lovely smilies on your post. So , just adding :dust: for you all....

Thanks lisaf. It's great to get such a speedy reply. Here's a big :thumbup: for your little bean. I'm sure he'll be just fine. Your story and all the other stories are so inspiring. It's great to have a place to go and share your story. :hugs:

Its 9dpo and the tiniest bit of brownish tinged CM has appeared...AF is on her way but that means I can start my B50!!!! Hurray!!! Ive been deliberating still ove Soy or AC but as I already ovulate (albeit a bit late), I think its maybe unnecessary at present!

I looking forward to being a true B50 girl!

Well the B-6 seems to be doing its job!:happydance: Last month had a 10 day LP, well Im on 10DPO today and no spotting, temps still high (kind of went flat) and seems like the ole witch will be at bay for at least a couple more days, YAY for that.
I did break down and poas, BFN of course:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->