Vitamin D deficiency and infertility

I am taking high dose vit d at the moment as my dr told me I was deficient. My number was 4...
I'm hoping it will make some differences in my cycle

Me too! Although my number was around 12. Just finished 3 months of pills so going back to get retested in a couple weeks.

I don't know if it was the cause or not, but after 6 miscarriages, I started taking vitamin d because I was deficient, and after that I had a successful pregnancy. Get tested. Because of my case, my RE started testing all his patients for vitamin d levels.

Yes ladies! Get tested, I am so glad this thread is still going. Vitamin D3 is such an important "hormone" in the body. There are so many functions it helps with in the body.

It is best absorbed when taken with vitamin K, so what I like to do is find a supplement that has both already there or you can also find out what foods are highest in vitamin K and make sure you eat them when you take your D3.

I too have a tilt cervix, so how does doggy style work when they say elevate your hips?? I was never told to do that, so I'm curious.. And another problem when I do doggy I get shooting pains if the hubby goes to deep or hits something (Sorry TMI) is that normal with a tilt cervix?

And I was in the ER the other night and the doc gave me D3 and I'm supposed to take calcium too... Never knew D3 is soo important to getting pregnant...

I just found a bottle of Vit D in my cupboard today.....I just remembered that I am Vit D Deficient as well but I never talk to my GP about TTC soooo I better start taking it now! Crap!

Hey! Don't worry I just remembered I had a tilted cervix and realized I should be baby making doggie style lol...get on that Vitamin D and make sure its D3.

I too have a tilt cervix, so how does doggy style work when they say elevate your hips?? I was never told to do that, so I'm curious.. And another problem when I do doggy I get shooting pains if the hubby goes to deep or hits something (Sorry TMI) is that normal with a tilt cervix?

And I was in the ER the other night and the doc gave me D3 and I'm supposed to take calcium too... Never knew D3 is soo important to getting pregnant...

I just found a bottle of Vit D in my cupboard today.....I just remembered that I am Vit D Deficient as well but I never talk to my GP about TTC soooo I better start taking it now! Crap!

Hey! Don't worry I just remembered I had a tilted cervix and realized I should be baby making doggie style lol...get on that Vitamin D and make sure its D3.

Hey! just wondering why they want you to take calcium. I heard most people have too much calcium because it is found in most foods. IF you have low calcium its probably related to low vit D. Once your D is up calcium will go up also.

I am not sure about doggy style with elevating the hips. I just tried it the standard way. I think I have felt that shooting pain before, I am only guessing that it could be related...also it can just be that your partner is able to go deeper so maybe that's why it is more intense.

its all worth a try.
Good luck to you!

I'm not sure why she order the calcium, she said just use tums.. That is the fastest way to get calcium into my system.. I just went to the ER for my hand that was swollen, and she went off on D3 and Calcium... Have an appointment on Monday, last time I got checked for my D3 it was two points from normal.. Soo.. I have no clue what is going on... Would it be best to get a soft cup so nothing spills out.. I'm sick of ttc, I just want that baby girl... It's been 3 years for trying and then my son is gonna be 8 in May and my stepson is 13... Seems like we waited to long that it isn't gonna happen.. And do you have to do doggy to get pregnant?

Hey! just wondering why they want you to take calcium. I heard most people have too much calcium because it is found in most foods. IF you have low calcium its probably related to low vit D. Once your D is up calcium will go up also.

I am not sure about doggy style with elevating the hips. I just tried it the standard way. I think I have felt that shooting pain before, I am only guessing that it could be related...also it can just be that your partner is able to go deeper so maybe that's why it is more intense.

its all worth a try.
Good luck to you!

Thank you ladies for sharing your stories- we've been TTC'ing for ~2 years and everything is coming back normal. I have just had my vitamin D levels checked and they came back at 33 in the middle of July after a beach vacation.

I've had bone problems with low vitamin D levels in the past and they do go up in the summer, so I was probably deficient in the winter. The last time I had them checked in February a few years back they were at 26. I fell off the wagon with calcium and vitamin d, so I'm going to take a supplement even if the doctor doesn't order it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->