Vitamin K Injection

I really resent the so called health proffesionals comment. I will go to Uni for 3 years of hard work. I think I would have earned the right to be given respect for that and not 'so called'

Are you attending Uni for the status in the end? If so, that's sad. :nope: I've now completed several 7 years for two degrees and consider myself no more above anyone else on this thread. Equality is key, not superiority.

I beg your pardon?

An education will never teach people manners and empathy, obviously.

I do not think I am above anyone

But I think the nurses and doctors etc work bloody hard to get to where they are and throughout their career. They diseve a bit of respect for that. We go into our job because we have a passion.

We all know you are going into the NHS for the right reasons Heather, don't start justifying yourself xxx

Well the impression you gained was wrong. My previosu post was about being annoyed that health proffesionals are sometimes overlooked i.e how much work they do and how hard they have worked to get there. The NHS staff are over worked and under staffed. They disever alot more respect that 'so called'
xx

Can you refrain from making personal digs at eachother on a discussion thread, they are neither polite nor constructive to the topic

But so are immune systems :shrug:

vitamin K has nothing to do with the immune system...... if you baby is deficient in vit K then they at risk of serious bleeding regardless of a fully functioning immune sytem.

but at the end of the day, it's your choice.

xxx

so many of you say that you would never forgive yourself if you did not vaccinate and your baby caught a illness....

but that goes for both arguments! I would never forgive myself if I caused an illness that could have been prevented by allowing it to be vaccinated!
apart from the autism debate and the mercury in the vaccine....vaccines have proven links with increased rates of asthma and diabetes....these are major and livelong illnesses compared to some very minor childhood illnesses we vaccinate against.....

each make their on decision, but please don't believe that the "other side" is not also acting the the best interest of their child!

please give your evidence for this as I don't think this is true
x

omg! some of the comments are so rude. aidans mummy i have seen you on other vaccine threads etc you always make valid and POLITE points and i think you'll be great as a healthcare proffessional :D

Thank you winegums. If I remember correctly you are in the proffession?
xx

Morning everyone.

Just for the record i'm not a conspiracy theorist! I just think you have to go down that way of thinking sometimes to get all the info you need as there is always two sides.....

Now this is OT again and I am aware that it is an internet link, but it is also from a national newspaper. I do know you can't believe everything you read from either..but, does this not seem quite wrong to you?

https://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/176880

I hope it doesn't start another heated debate....and I think my 'pumping baby full of mercury' comment will haunt me forever! :blush: but i'd just like to know your thoughts on it really and wether you believe it to be true or not.

Thanks!

It scares me to think what will start happening if people continue refusing what medical professionals advise us to do :wacko:

So called medical professionals aren't always right by a long shot.

The sooner people start to realise that the better. Like you said they are only advising and in a lot of cases their advice isn't what's best for us personally.

I think people should question things more rather than refusing first.

So called medical professionals? They ARE medical professionals, they have studied and completed their course and have experience, they have been trained to save lives and look after people - if they had some hidden agenda then that would go against everything a medical professional does.
I will never ever believe anything otherwise.

All these consipiracy theories about the government/NHS/Polic are just ridiculous :lol:

Good for you!

You must have been one of the lucky ones who've had great care throughout your life and never been wrongly diagnosed! Or had to take pills which weren't necessary which the "fabulous medical professional" wrongly gave you because they "thought" they should and then later realised that they were wrong and you'd been taking something for nothing.

Just because they have completed a course does NOT mean they are always right - get into the real world! They still kill people, make big mistakes, have disciplinary meetings etc. Yes they have medical licenses and I've got a driving licence - that doesn't mean that I drive the same way as everyone else that has a driving licence or will make the same decisions as everyone else that can drive when I'm on the road. Yeah, I've been there, learned how to do it etc, that doesn't mean I'll always do it right!!!!!

A good example for you - Medical professionals who are trained to help people be able to get pregnant who then tell someone they need a hysterectomy and then all of a sudden change their mind a month later? Give me a break...

I think you should respect peoples opinions on how they feel about their medical care and the practitioners caring for them because your care is different from each individual person on here.

Midwives are constantly apologising to me because they've done something wrong or something is missing from my notes, not got the necessary equipment, don't understand something in my notes, wrote something down wrong. It's a joke.

I've even been sent to see the consultant who then asked me "how is your pelvic floor healing?" "what?" "well we've got it down that you had previous pelvic floor surgery" "nope" "oh, ok it must be wrong, off you go home then and we'll swap you back to midwife led care"

Maybe is you had a life full of medical professionals being wrong and making mistakes then you would question everything too.

Don't be so shallow and have some respect.

And maybe you shouldn't judge every signel health proffessional on your experiances. You may have had some bad experiaces but some are bloody good at their job and want nothing more than to provide the best care they can. People in socitey today seem to tar everyone with the same brush over some bad expriances. I have exprianced bad health care but i would not make out they are all bad. As I have also experianced some amazing health care that was second to none where the nurses and doctors were amazing and really cared for me.

It seems today everyone is quick to judge without looking at people as individuals and more of a group. You get good and bad in all proffessions but people seem to concentrate on the negative.

I have seen it happen as a teen mum and to me it seems to happen throughout life. I wish people could be more open minded :nope:

ETA: I am sorry you have had bad experiances but we are notall bad. Alot do their job well and the minority make it bad

x

Judgements are based lifelong care and now on the protection of my child. And that's all us mothers are set out to do. It must be nice to trust them but each to their own.

Morning everyone.

Just for the record i'm not a conspiracy theorist! I just think you have to go down that way of thinking sometimes to get all the info you need as there is always two sides.....

Now this is OT again and I am aware that it is an internet link, but it is also from a national newspaper. I do know you can't believe everything you read from either..but, does this not seem quite wrong to you?

I hope it doesn't start another heated debate....and I think my 'pumping baby full of mercury' comment will haunt me forever! :blush: but i'd just like to know your thoughts on it really and wether you believe it to be true or not.

Thanks!

The article shows nothing new. It is good to get the information out there that if they do the heel prick test and you don't ask directly for it to be burned, they can do whatever they want with the blood samples. While I don't think there is much sinister plans into the storing of the blood samples, it is a good idea that the parents know that they will store it unless you say not to. Read everything you are given carefully because if you say yes to it, that is your consent and they probably wont ask again.

It may be a bit far-fetched to say that they are using the samples to keep an eye on everyone in a big-brother type way but if you feel that way and choose to go with the gunthie heel prick, ask them to dispose of the blood samples.

Judements can be based on some that you have constantly experainced. But it doesn't make them right. Fro example I know someone that has met nothing but badyoung mums and has not good experiacnes with them and she based a whole opinion of young mums on that and it wasn't nice. But I have met nothing but good young mums and she was shocked to see teh other side

When my son was in hopsital at 3 months old after having a fit. I have never seen such dedicated nurses. When my friend had a premture baby they pulled her back from the brink and cared for her every need. The nurses and doctors were dedicated to saving her life and they did that.

Like I said we base opinions on life experiances but it doesn't make it right. I think everyone needs to look at people as individuals and give them a chance before dimissing them before they have a chance.

I mean I hope when I walk into a room in the future to treat a child the parents can trust me if not I will gain their trust and show them (hopefully) what good nursing is. And make sure they are happy with their child care etc
xx

Like I said we base opinions on life experiances but it doesn't make it right. I think everyone needs to look at people as individuals and give them a chance before dimissing them before they have a chance.

xx

I completely agree, I'm just saying how I personally feel and that is to put up a barrier and to make sure I completely know the facts before I let them near myself or child. Once any questions have been answered properly and I can trust that the decision doctors/nurses have made is right for me then I'm happy with that. I just don't automatically go with what they say due to previous care.

I also think that the flip side of the aforementioned (tar them all with the same brush) should also be applicable to saying that they are all good at care though because they have completed a degree and gained a medical licence as such. Not all are bad or wrong, but not all are good and right. And that is why questioning things can only be beneficial to us as mothers.

Morning everyone.

Thanks!

Parents should definitely be made aware of blood being stored.

I think it's good you question them. I will love a mother to ask me questions etc. It is obvious you have had some extremely bad care. I am truly sorry for that and ashamed that the nurses doctors involved let it happen.

I really hope your birth is a postive experiance. And ask questions all the time don't ever feel you can't and they have to answere truthfully :hugs:
xx

I think it's good you question them. I will love a mother to ask me questions etc. It is obvious you have had some extremely bad care. I am truly sorry for that and ashamed that the nurses doctors involved let it happen.

I really hope yoru birth is a postive experiance. And ask questions all the time don't ever feelyou can't and they have to answere truefully :hugs:
xx

Thank you.

I just think it's wrong that people automatically trust doctors nurses just because of what they are without actually questioning things and fully understanding what is happening and why it's happening.

I luckily have found that the student midwives have treated me better than actual midwives. So this does give me confidence that the future generation are understanding quality and continuity of care better than the current carers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->