Vitamin K Injection

A student MW delivered Aidan and I totally agree. She was amazing

Hopefully us student nurses can make a step towards change :) In fact lets hope all the new students in the different branches can
xx

It scares me to think what will start happening if people continue refusing what medical professionals advise us to do :wacko:

So called medical professionals aren't always right by a long shot.

The sooner people start to realise that the better. Like you said they are only advising and in a lot of cases their advice isn't what's best for us personally.

I think people should question things more rather than refusing first.

So called medical professionals? They ARE medical professionals, they have studied and completed their course and have experience, they have been trained to save lives and look after people - if they had some hidden agenda then that would go against everything a medical professional does.
I will never ever believe anything otherwise.

All these consipiracy theories about the government/NHS/Polic are just ridiculous :lol:

Good for you!

You must have been one of the lucky ones who've had great care throughout your life and never been wrongly diagnosed! Or had to take pills which weren't necessary which the "fabulous medical professional" wrongly gave you because they "thought" they should and then later realised that they were wrong and you'd been taking something for nothing.

Just because they have completed a course does NOT mean they are always right - get into the real world! They still kill people, make big mistakes, have disciplinary meetings etc. Yes they have medical licenses and I've got a driving licence - that doesn't mean that I drive the same way as everyone else that has a driving licence or will make the same decisions as everyone else that can drive when I'm on the road. Yeah, I've been there, learned how to do it etc, that doesn't mean I'll always do it right!!!!!

A good example for you - Medical professionals who are trained to help people be able to get pregnant who then tell someone they need a hysterectomy and then all of a sudden change their mind a month later? Give me a break...

I think you should respect peoples opinions on how they feel about their medical care and the practitioners caring for them because your care is different from each individual person on here.

Midwives are constantly apologising to me because they've done something wrong or something is missing from my notes, not got the necessary equipment, don't understand something in my notes, wrote something down wrong. It's a joke.

I've even been sent to see the consultant who then asked me "how is your pelvic floor healing?" "what?" "well we've got it down that you had previous pelvic floor surgery" "nope" "oh, ok it must be wrong, off you go home then and we'll swap you back to midwife led care"

Maybe is you had a life full of medical professionals being wrong and making mistakes then you would question everything too.

Don't be so shallow and have some respect.

I've had fantastic healthcare throughout my life, because NHS professionals do a great job :D

I respect your opinion of course, but i totally disagree with it.

Morning everyone.

Just for the record i'm not a conspiracy theorist! I just think you have to go down that way of thinking sometimes to get all the info you need as there is always two sides.....

Now this is OT again and I am aware that it is an internet link, but it is also from a national newspaper. I do know you can't believe everything you read from either..but, does this not seem quite wrong to you?

https://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/176880

I hope it doesn't start another heated debate....and I think my 'pumping baby full of mercury' comment will haunt me forever! :blush: but i'd just like to know your thoughts on it really and wether you believe it to be true or not.

Thanks!

Sorry, but I take EVERYTHING the Express or the Mail (or most of the British media for that matter) say with a pinch of salt. They make these grand sensationalist statements to sell papers, then are forced to put in a tiny, little, 36th page apology and amendum a few weeks later when the damage is already done. The damage the Express in particular has done with lies about the HPV vaccine (all proven as such) and in general it's views on mass asylum seeker chav paedophile murderers who are taking over the UK make my skin crawl.

If it is a concern, I would contact your hospital and ask for their indivudual statement on the issue :)

The mass media certainly does like to brainwash us....

Course they do! I seriously laughed out loud this morning while reading The Daily Mail, they said that cleaning products around the house increase the chance of breast cancer ........

Yeahhhhhh okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :rofl:

The thing is, while I wouldn't totally believe that and throw all my cleaning products out it also wouldn't suprise me as it is chemicals afterall and who knows what damage they could be found to be doing one day.

BUT.....if we truly believed everything that was said we'd all be living in a tiny sealed room not daring to eat or breathe!

My poor cousin went through a paranoid phase around the time of the anthrax attacks. He wouldn't go outside and got obsessed with poison thinking people were putting it in his tea and alsorts!

It's fear mongering, it drives me mad!

Lol, I like to be informed but some sources are just so sketchy it makes me cringe. I laugh at it but I also die a little inside to think of the people who think it is credible.

Morning everyone.

Just for the record i'm not a conspiracy theorist! I just think you have to go down that way of thinking sometimes to get all the info you need as there is always two sides.....

Now this is OT again and I am aware that it is an internet link, but it is also from a national newspaper. I do know you can't believe everything you read from either..but, does this not seem quite wrong to you?

https://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/176880

I hope it doesn't start another heated debate....and I think my 'pumping baby full of mercury' comment will haunt me forever! :blush: but i'd just like to know your thoughts on it really and wether you believe it to be true or not.

Thanks!

do you know many people call that paper the daily fail due to how much rubbish it prints :wacko:

so many of you say that you would never forgive yourself if you did not vaccinate and your baby caught a illness....

but that goes for both arguments! I would never forgive myself if I caused an illness that could have been prevented by allowing it to be vaccinated!
apart from the autism debate and the mercury in the vaccine....vaccines have proven links with increased rates of asthma and diabetes....these are major and livelong illnesses compared to some very minor childhood illnesses we vaccinate against.....

each make their on decision, but please don't believe that the "other side" is not also acting the the best interest of their child!

please give your evidence for this as I don't think this is true
x

I read an article and there are too many sources quoted for me to write down....but they were very credible resource links e.g. from the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (volume 121, Issue 3 , Pages 626-631)....
also diabetes is a listed side-effect of vaccinations (see Merck, manufacturer of MMR vaccinations (page 7 of 12 of their information leaflet)

This seems a very appropriate time to post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI

And maybe you shouldn't judge every signel health proffessional on your experiances. You may have had some bad experiaces but some are bloody good at their job and want nothing more than to provide the best care they can. People in socitey today seem to tar everyone with the same brush over some bad expriances. I have exprianced bad health care but i would not make out they are all bad. As I have also experianced some amazing health care that was second to none where the nurses and doctors were amazing and really cared for me.

It seems today everyone is quick to judge without looking at people as individuals and more of a group. You get good and bad in all proffessions but people seem to concentrate on the negative.

I have seen it happen as a teen mum and to me it seems to happen throughout life. I wish people could be more open minded :nope:

ETA: I am sorry you have had bad experiances but we are notall bad. Alot do their job well and the minority make it bad

x

That is exactly the point we are trying to make, you can't just accept or "judge" a health care professional because they have spent so many years training and have a degree on the wall. I don't believe myself or anyone else on this thread have said that all health care professionals are awful, we were just trying to convey our belief that the client/patient themselves have to play a role in their own care in collaboration with their careprovider in order to ensure the best outcomes. And part of playing a role is doing your own research and having your own opinions. This also means acknowledging that although your health provider plays a large role in your health care and can act as a great resource source, they are just a small piece of the puzzle as they have limitations. They are only human, they do not hold top secret "health care" information that the general public is not entitled too.

I didn't say they did hold top secret information. And I have said in previous posts we are encouraged to do our own research in every bit of medicine we are taught
xx

I am just saying clients should do their own research too.

that's why most nurses, midwives etc encourage you to do your own research and don't tell you what to do and expect you to blindly follow.

that's why most nurses, midwives etc encourage you to do your own research and don't tell you what to do and expect you to blindly follow.

So essentially, we're all saying the same thing yet argueing about it?!?!? I think pregnancy must have made us all mental becauase things certainly seemed alot calmer on the ttc boards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->