vitex or soy

Scout

Reaction score
I'm wondering which would be better. I've had 3 m/c and a couple CP in the last 3 years. I just had another m/c a few weeks back. I was testing with an OPK and taking my temps and I got a positve OPK on Sat but not sure that I ovulated. (I'm not sleeping so my temps are probably not too accurate...they went up but only a bit)

Anywasy, I read that soy would help me ovulate. I also read to not take Vitex and Soy together. I read good things about both and am not sure what to take.

Currently taking: royal jelly, b12, b6, L arginine, prenatal, low dose baby asprin. I also just got some red raspberry leaf but not sure I"m going to take it.

If anybody has any advice I'd love to hear it. I'm so wanting to get preggo and it's taken me almost a year b/t each m/c. thanks

Sorry I don't take either BUT can you do a thread search on the forum, as there are lots of threads about both which will give you a users perspective on them

You might also want to talk to your doctor or FS before you start, as soy is supposed to be bad for those with oestrogen dominance.

Did the doctor tell you to take the baby aspirin?

Thanks NorthStar. I will try a search of the forums. And yes, my doctor suggested a low dose baby asprin once a day due to recurrent m/c's.

No worries.

There are lots of threads if you go back a bit, not just on 35+ but on the main forum too, which might help you decide which if any to take.

A lot of us are now trying CoQ10 (referred to as COCK) as this is supposed to improve egg quality after 3 months of usage.

Thanks again. I actually did some more research and reading after what you said about not using soy w/ estrogen dominance and I'll probably not take it. I haven't had my estrogen checked but it seems all my symptoms point to that, so I've decided to not take it until I have my estrogen checked. I do know I have low progesterone (which is what my doctor thinks is causing my early m/c's) I think it's a combination of my age and the age of my eggs and the progesterone.

I've heard good things about CoQ10 as well. I wonder if that would help me?? I'll look into it. At this point, I'm willing to try anything that might help as long as it won't hurt. thanks again

Well I figured the COQ10 couldn't hurt, so I've been on it now for 1 month, apparently it takes 3 months to improve egg quality due to egg lifecycle. And, it seems to be good for energy and high blood pressure.

Are you in the UK? I bought mine in Tesco, H&B do it as well, and amazon seem to be cheaper (it's quite an exxy supplement)

I'm in the United States. I just bought some and thought the price wasn't too too bad. I'd probably be really shocked if I actually added up everything I've been buying to try and get pregnant. Plus all the doctor bills for the m/c's. Ugggg. But will be worth it if I ever get a baby. I may check amazon for next month's supply though and see if I can get it cheaper. Hope it helps my little eggies!

thanks Dachsundmom....yep, it's cheaper than what I paid. I paid $13.00 for just 30 pills. (oh, love your pic. I have 2 mini dachs myself)

Oh, and I paid $25 for a month supply of COCK, lol.

Use the direct link on Photobucket and paste in the icon with the mountain on it.

$25.00 for one month?? that seems like a lot. are yours 100mg or more? Mine are only 100 mg. and I got them at Walmart. supposedly they are pharmaceutical grade (whatever that means) and the box said they absorb faster than other brands. But who knows...they can put whatever they want on those boxes probably.

Mine are 120mg...who the hell knows what's actually in them, lol

this is the only way I could figure out how to post a pic. This one is Minnie. she's the youngest. The other one, Lucy, I don't have a pic on my computer right now.

My COCK is 100mg capsules, it tends to get stuck in my throat :rofl: and it also says on the box that it should be taken WITH food for absorption, so I have it with breakfast and melt it down with a large latte after I swallow it.

I just read somewhere (geesh I'm all over the web researching crap, so who knows where I read this) that you are supposed to take 600mg a day for better egg quality. Have you heard that. That would get way way expensive.

I would try Vitex to improve low progesterone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->