Vitex?

Goldenpup

Mummy 💙 ttc #2
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to post this but figured here might be as good a place as any.
My cycle is playing up. I do chart so I can see that last cycle my temp dropped after 7dpo and I started spotting that day, spotted until af arrived and only had an 11 day luteal phase.

My question is: why do people start vitex? Does a doc prescribe it? How much do you take? How long for?

I feel I'm having progesterone problem and I've read that vitex can help correct it. Or is there anything else I can get? I'm finding it difficult getting an appointment with a doctor

Thanks in advance for any replies

Doctors will rarely ever subscribe an herbal supplement, even though often they work better and have less side effects than prescriptions.
Vitex is a strong herb which can help many women, but is usually best for women with irregular cycles, that ovulate way late or not at all. Women with pretty normal cycles generally aren't recommended to take it as it can work against you instead of for you. For a LP issue, I would recommend progesterone rich foods be added to your diet (like eggs) and possibly red clover tea. Or you could always get a prescription for progesterone.

What ever you decide I wish you luck.

Thanks for your reply. I might try adding eggs to my diet and must invest in red clover tea, it will be a change that may be worth while and in the meantime I'll try get in with the doctor. If it doesn't make a difference, I could try the vitex down the line

Hey, I started taking vitex this month, my cycles are fairly regular.. but only had about 10 day luteal phase, so I took it to lengthen my luteal phase.. working so far as of right now I am 13 dpo--- but you can also try red clover blossom tea( I bought that to try next cycle if I don't get my BFP this cycle.. you can also try red raspberry leaf tea and nettles tea, also maca is pretty good

Thanks. I'm def going to try the red clover and raspberry leaf this cycle. Are there any special requirements such as so many a day, certain times of day or cycle?
I actually came across a post I'd written when ttc my first and it was about pregnacare. It seems pregnacare affects my cycles and causes spotting. Although this seems strange when it's only vitamins. So this month I'm going to just try b complex, bit c, folic acid, omega 3 and coq10

Thanks. I'm def going to try the red clover and raspberry leaf this cycle. Are there any special requirements such as so many a day, certain times of day or cycle?
I actually came across a post I'd written when ttc my first and it was about pregnacare. It seems pregnacare affects my cycles and causes spotting. Although this seems strange when it's only vitamins. So this month I'm going to just try b complex, bit c, folic acid, omega 3 and coq10
Your plan sounds good 😀The red clover blossom tea is best to be taken from cycle day 1 until ovulation I believe ( twice a day ) and the red raspberry tea can be drunk throughout the whole cycle as far as I know ( once or twice a day)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->