Vomitting before/during/after labor anyone?

L

Laura--x

I heard it's quite common to vomit before/during/after labor. How manyof you had this?

Is there anything midwives can give you to stop you being sick?

I have a feeling im going to be one of the ones who end up puking all the time, and im dreading it! Just wondering if they give you something to stop it or you just have to get on with it?

I already wrote on your other thread lol

But I vomited a LOT when I was in labour. But it all came out in one go lol so was only actually sick the once

I did four times.

Couldn't have cared less to be honest and I have real issues with being sick.

I was just talking about this very thing tonight at dinner with a friend...I'm a very nauseas person normally and have terrible MS but I've never thrown up during labor so you never know, you might suprise yourself :)

I threw up while in late stages of labour. Nurses handed me a bed pan to puke in.....I freaked! *gross*

they have no eating policy in my local delivery suite and so give you a tablet as standard as soon as you go in to stop sickness. might be worth asking about if it's not already a standard proceedure there?

I threw up after birth. The nurse gave me something to drink and it did not sit well with me at all.

With my first child I was very sick during labor, I threw up with almost every push! My next 2 children I never threw up once during labor.. before.. or after. I did get severe shakes after each child though.. I thought I was going to shake right off the bed!!

Wow... Am I one of the only ones who not only didn't throw up during labour but was eating while in the later stages?

I was sick during labour...i didnt know i was going to be sick though...i had been asked to got for a wee as for some reason...i think its coz i was gonna be examined and everytime i sat on the toilet i had a contraction that was really bad....so i did my wee...had contraction..turned round to flush loo and blerghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gallons and gallons of water came up coz thats all i was allowed as i was been induced :-( i think it was a combo of pain and me getting a bit over excited with the gas and air! x

i threw up during the transition phase of labour. you can ask for an anti-sickness tableti think?

I was sick after they broke my waters- but they had just given me a blood pressure med so it may have been that

i threw up badly half way thru after hammering the g&a whilst waiting for them to correct my epidural..

I was sick during labour. I think it was the gas and air that made me sick though.

i was sick once after i gave birth mw shouted at me and said it was because i had too much gas and air when i was actually just using the mouth piece to bite down on for most of it lol

I was sick in the early stages of labour. I kept bein sick in the car on the way to hospital in our washing up basin thing, lol. They gave me something for it, cant for the life of me remember what it was though.

I threw up after the birth the 1st time round....but i think it was just cos of the gas and air, shock, adrenaline, tiredness, pain etc etc all the things you can think of to do with labour lol. I was only sick once and it was a little bit :)

:hugs:

Threw up 3 times, felt much better after though. If you have to throw up.. throw up! :)

i threw up afterwards. Iwas given tea and toast and I just chucked it all back up! No need to worry hun, completely normal, and you wont care at all!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->