Vomitting before/during/after labor anyone?

I lost count the amount of times I was sick, first time it was my dinner after that it was just water, even puked in the birthing pool!!

Nope - no morning sickness, no sickness during labour and none afterwards either - good job cos I hate being sick! Did get really shakey though.

I Vomited ALOT In Labour.

I Think It Was The Pethidine (spelling?) Tho

I Was Sick Up Blood.

I was sick during labour and just after the birth, maybe about three or four times. I had pethidine which comes with an anti-emetic but it didn't make any difference. I was sick before the pethidine and I don't think the vomiting later was because of it. I very much hate being sick but to be honest it was the least of my worries and DH was a star holding my hair back and whipping trays under my mouth!

I vomited after having pethadine into one of those cardboard tings that look like a hat!!! It's nothing like the movies xx

I was sick during labour .. think it was a combination of an empty stomach, pethidine and bouncing on the birthing ball :rofl:

Thought i was going to be sick after she was born too so wouldnt hold her incase i was sick on her, but i wasnt :rofl:

I was sick alot during labour - when labour began, when I had pethadine, every time I topped up the mobile epidural and loads when pushing. I had to have an I.v because was losing so much fluid!!!

Although I must say being sick really didn't bother me, it actually felt like a release for my body and made me feel better.

I had the 'Clearing Out' before labour, sickness, bowels the lot.
I didnt feel sick as i would normally feel, it was different, it came out pretty quick etc, sorry lol.
I was sick god knows how many times in labour due to the G&A, didnt agree with me, but that doesnt say it wouldnt help for you, or anyone else trying it for the first time.
After labour, i wasnt sick, but i went through a period of feeling very sick and wasnt eating properly, soon made up for it :D

I threw my guts up and felt like absolute shite after 4 of my 6 births. I'd had different forms of pain relief so wouldn't put it down to that. Just shock to the system I guess. My last two births were so bizarre as I wasn't sick and didn't even feel sick afterwards....I was soooooooo relieved:happydance:

I'm a very sicky person and had severe MS but I wasn't sick once! I didn't even feel x

I threw up during, don't think not eating for 17 hours, no sleep and just drinking some orange juice helped!

i threw up everywhere
i didn't poo myself tho lol
pethedine doesn't help either!!

but i threw up atleast 10 times
during labour it was all the
lucozade i drank and i didn't
eat anything for 24 hours lol
i kept apologising to the staff
it was soooo funny!!!

:blush::rofl:

xx​

Yep, I was threw up several times. Before I went to the hospital at home, when I got to the hospital again, then they gave me morphine so I threw up again... then I got the epi so I was fine but right before the pushing stage I was sick about 2 more times.

You really do feel better afterr though :lol:

I did a few times in early labour but it stopped once i got into hosp

I wasnt actually sick in labour but at the end in transition stage I felt very very sick in the contractions..... it didnt last long though xxx

Nope - no morning sickness, no sickness during labour and none afterwards either - good job cos I hate being sick! Did get really shakey though.

Same here. I was terrified of being sick as I am emetophobic (severe phobia of vomiting). I ended up having an elective c-section and was terrified to be told by the aneasthetist that about a third of people are sick during a c-sec while on the table!!!! He told me this is mainly due to the drop in blood pressure. Anyway he monitored me very closely and despite feeling a little nauseous for about the first 10 mins I made it through ok!

I was really shakey after the c-section, but I think that's all the drugs and the shock.

yup was sick about an hour b4 i went 2 hospital so just b4 i was 5cm and in active labour! but only 2s and 2 b honest its not as bad as u think, its not like when uv got a tummy bug u just feel sick and spew then thats it, well was 4 me anyway but i dnt think the mcds breakfast helped haha

xxx

i was sick 3 times u really dont care i really hate being sick but when i was in labour i did not care at all

i hate being sick! I was nearly sick, had the paper bowl ready during labour, but i told the midwife i hated being sick and she gave me anti sickness tablets. They were like magic! I felt better just minutes later and wasn't sick once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->